Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

Good morning everyone. Last night was an eventful night in the garden. Since there was talk about how to do transplanting, we took a couple pictures of the lemon venom getting put into a 5 gallon pot.

Here she is ready to go into her new home.

Scored the roots.

Then dusted with roots! in the pot and on the root ball itself. Put her in the hole and back filled the pot. Yes duggan, there is a full 5 gallons of soil in there when we were done. :laughtwo:

The 4 Blue dream and 4 tutankhamon clones also got put into 1s. Filled up the pots, dusted some ruts into the hole, plopped the clones in there, cut off excess growth/leaves, and back filled. Plain water when transplanting. This was 22 days in the cloner.

More pictures tonight of everyone else. The flower girls will be getting their first CAT drench tonight. Wanted to do it yesterday but the pots were not dry enough to do so. They are ready. Here is the crown royale on Sunday, what do ya think? I consider those buds to have "set". Considering they are bigger today already.

Hope everyone has an awesome day. :passitleft:

Good morning everyone. Last night was an eventful night in the garden. Since there was talk about how to do transplanting, we took a couple pictures of the lemon venom getting put into a 5 gallon pot.

Here she is ready to go into her new home.

0e946ae5260384b2ea94c8102a99870e.jpg

Scored the roots.

78350956a4f3ad856bc398588d9ddea8.jpg

Then dusted with roots! in the pot and on the root ball itself. Put her in the hole and back filled the pot. Yes duggan, there is a full 5 gallons of soil in there when we were done. :laughtwo:

The 4 Blue dream and 4 tutankhamon clones also got put into 1s. Filled up the pots, dusted some ruts into the hole, plopped the clones in there, cut off excess growth/leaves, and back filled. Plain water when transplanting. This was 22 days in the cloner.

b2efe731077aa07323394d965e6083c6.jpg

More pictures tonight of everyone else. The flower girls will be getting their first CAT drench tonight. Wanted to do it yesterday but the pots were not dry enough to do so. They are ready. Here is the crown royale on Sunday, what do ya think? I consider those buds to have "set". Considering they are bigger today already.

c1a63349cfa3a4ac3d10291b66ddf13d.jpg

Hope everyone has an awesome day. :passitleft:

Nice tutorial!

Re: Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

Nice tutorial!
Thanks doc. It was just something quick. Wish I could have gotten more pictures but my phone was about dead and the camera battery was dead. So later today I'll get some pictures in the flower room when the lights go out and get some of the little ones.

I'll be honest about the ones in flower, I am amazed how well they have recovered from the mite problem we had a month ago. Rarely do we see any bugs anymore and we did it without miticides and chemicals. Amazing. Thanks for having some awesome products. :thanks:

Tonight we gave 5 plants their first dose of the CAT drench at 23 days into flower. We are very happy with these ladies so far and can't wait to see where they go from here. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves as I think we are in high brix territory. :high-five:

Blue Dream

DSC_043413.JPG

DSC_043511.JPG

DSC_043615.JPG

DSC_043712.JPG

DSC_043816.JPG

Tutankhamon

DSC_044012.JPG

DSC_044114.JPG

DSC_044214.JPG

Crown Royale - the 2x4s are 4' 6" tall for reference.

DSC_044513.JPG

DSC_044614.JPG

DSC_044711.JPG

DSC_044910.JPG

Kosher Kush

DSC_045113.JPG

DSC_045210.JPG

DSC_045313.JPG

Strawberry Cake

DSC_045611.JPG

DSC_045712.JPG

DSC_045815.JPG

Whew... now we can move onto the Birds of Paradise. The 5 of are looking great and have their first full set of 5 bladed leaves. Tomorrow they will get their first GE drench with tea. Usually don't wait this long to top them but did because they will be mothers. So clone candidates is what we are looking for. As for the comparison between lights so far is quite amazing. The ones under the MH look the same and the LED and T5 look the same. Not sure about different phenos at this point but what are the chances that they are separated already? Tighter nodes under the T5 and LED. They are at 17 days except for #5 is a day younger.

BOP 1 - MH

DSC_04619.JPG

BOP 2 - MH

DSC_04639.JPG

BOP 3 - T5

DSC_046513.JPG

BOP 4 - LED

DSC_046712.JPG

BOP 5 - MH (16 days)

DSC_047016.JPG

DSC_04718.JPG

Tonight with all of the transplanting and soil cooking we have done in the last couple days the rooms had gotten dirty. Had been sweeping but today they got the mop. Didn't really notice how bad it was until I saw the pictures. I almost feel embarrassed bringing this up but cleanliness in the rooms is important. Just wanted to say something for the newer growers about keeping the environment clean and such. Dead leaves? Get 'em out of there! Anyways, have a great night everyone.

:tokin:

Hi there;Why do you score the roots?Does it promote new root growth?Also,you mention dusting.Could you explain?Thanks-My education continues_crank

When you do a transplant and it is almost root bound with the roots circling the bottom of the pot, it is good practice to "score" the roots or basically cut them. Doing this allows the roots to branch out more easily and efficiently into the new soil. So yes in return it does promote new root growth.

We dusted the root ball and the hole for the transplant with a product called roots! that is included in Doc's kit. Here is the info about it from the instructions:

Roots!: This is a microbial inoculate. A light dusting on rootballs during transplanting and a small amount at the bottom of the hole where seeds are planted is the proper use for this product. 1 Tablespoon per transplanted cutting sprinkled in and around the hole is perfect. More can be used when transplanting from the Veg area to the Bloom containers.

Keep the questions coming if ya have them. Keeps a lively conversation around these parts. :thumb:

I have another quick transplant question Nismo. Do you wait till the plant is root bound like that before you pot 'er up?

Oh yeah! Just thought of a question for Canna too. Weren't you going to do some grafting? Like to watch that tutorial too. Thanks for sharing guys and keep up the awesome work. Us lurkers are learning….

:thanks:

Re: Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

Thanks doc. It was just something quick. Wish I could have gotten more pictures but my phone was about dead and the camera battery was dead. So later today I'll get some pictures in the flower room when the lights go out and get some of the little ones.

I'll be honest about the ones in flower, I am amazed how well they have recovered from the mite problem we had a month ago. Rarely do we see any bugs anymore and we did it without miticides and chemicals. Amazing. Thanks for having some awesome products. :thanks:

Between getting Brix up and irritating and harrassing them with the foliars, we can win the battle naturally and safely, as you can now testify.

Growing the cleanest, most potent and terpeneous (new word?) weed is what High Brix is all about.

KNOCK KNOCK It's me Annie, can join y'all I'll wipe my feet and try not to ask too many questions and ill try very hard not to Bogart I promise.
How's is going Annie-bannannie?? It's good to see you here. Come on in and have a seat! Here's a bong all to yourself, there's plenty to go around. Please wipe your feet and be sure to ask tons of questions. That's a big reason why we are here. To help. We wouldn't be where we are today if the 420 mag wasn't here for us when we started out. Don't get me wrong though, we love to grow. It's a good feeling to know we are saving money, and not smoking chemicals and mold, and so on. Have a great day Annie!!!

:bong:

I have another quick transplant question Nismo. Do you wait till the plant is root bound like that before you pot 'er up?

Oh yeah! Just thought of a question for Canna too. Weren't you going to do some grafting? Like to watch that tutorial too. Thanks for sharing guys and keep up the awesome work. Us lurkers are learning....

:thanks:
What's happenin oldnoob?! We do have a grafting candidate fluxing right along. She's the Lemon Venom plant we just up potted into a #5 pot. Once she's bigger and I've got the side weaves down, we will graft tops from other mothers to the LV. We also want to splice a tomato top to the LV to see if we can make canna-maters. We are just waiting on her to get a bit bigger so handling the graft sites will be a bit easier. (I have monster hands like Lana Caine from Archer) lol!

I'll let Nis take care of the transplant question. He's good at helping with those questions.

Have a great day!

:passitleft:

So it has been 48 hours since their first CAT drench and a few of them have turned on the frost factory. Checked the brix level today on the Blue Dream and got 22, 17, and 17. So a brix of 17 is quite good and is kinda mind blowing at this point in flower. Will do some more testing this weekend on the others.

Here are a few shots of the group.

DSC_047712.JPG

DSC_048013.JPG

DSC_048113.JPG

DSC_048213.JPG

DSC_048310.JPG

DSC_048413.JPG

DSC_048613.JPG

DSC_048714.JPG

DSC_048812.JPG

Temps are holding around 79-80 and humidity is 58-60%. They are 25 days in and have 5-6 weeks left on them so in a week we will start running the dehumidifier to 50-55%. Tonight they got sprayed with brix after the pictures.

Have a good night. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom