B.I.D.'s Revolution #9 1 Plant - 1 Light A Love Affair - Blue Dream - Mars II 400

Re: B.I.D.'S Revolution #9 1 Plant,1 Light A Love Affair (Blue Dream/marsII400)

Hi BID, can I trouble you for some advice? I've just started a grow under a Mars II 400w & I started it off at 2'6" above my little plant & I've just dropped it down to 24" Is this a safe distance for young plants & what distance would you recommend during veg & flower?
Thank you in advance

Peace:peace:

Hi BID, can I trouble you for some advice? I've just started a grow under a Mars II 400w & I started it off at 2'6" above my little plant & I've just dropped it down to 24" Is this a safe distance for young plants & what distance would you recommend during veg & flower?
Thank you in advance

Peace:peace:
i would say your as close as you should be, i have had mature flowering plants 6-8 inches away but thats was because i ran out of room, but for young plants i would say 24-36in is good dont want to burn them , for flower with the m2 i like 12in at the closest you want some spread on the beams, i really would like it if my m2 had lenses i dont grow real tall plants generally and i think thats what the mars2 is best at, getting good penetration on taller plants, my 2 cents on it :rocker:

I find the same thing so far under the Mars II. I find 28-30" pretty good for vegging plants. Mine have crept up to ~15" for the top colas. The majority of my canopy is still at ~20" and they have 3 weeks left.

Thanks BID, that's good to know & I get where you're coming from on the lack of lenses. I was thinking of getting one of TopLED's reflectors next then I've got more flexibility. But then again, if these Intelligent grow's are the business I might splash out. :)

OK THIS IS KINA A WIERD POST CUZ ITS oops cap lock
it should kinda be the first post to the new upcoming journal,but its not ready as the set pieces are not all here yet, im still waiting on new lights and nutrients, but i did get the autopots started i am temporarily using the i grow gen 2 228 led lights for veg, i have to let the plants settle in to the pots before i can start the res and airdomes , still have to install the scrog screen, take clones etc, but heres a teaser as to how the setup will be, and a couple shots of the grape 13 it will be chopped in the next day or 2, still have much to do, im going to lower the giant sour diesel #2 alone in the 2x4x7 tent with either 3 of the i grow lights and the mars 2 or perhaps the budmaster 675xg then again i have the 600watt jdl ballast's i could do both 1 with mh the other hps, decisions decisions
EDIT11.jpg
DSCF3057EDIT.jpg
DSCF3053EDIT.jpg
DSCF3055EDIT.jpg
DSCF3054EDIT.jpg

WOW BID, that grape13 is so sexy; I'm getting wood!

:rofl:

You mean Norcaliwood?? :)

Drive bye Hope alls going great and you have a Happy 4th Keepem Green

:rocker:

you know im not sure why i have not closed this journal the subject is dead and im about to close number 8 this one has no point so i think im gonna go ahead and close this , now for those interested i will be starting a new one soon like this weekend/or coming week, and i think i will start a general chat thread where we can discuss growing, equipment(without offending any sponsors in a thread they sponsored) a miscelanious unstructured grow journal where i can post what ever takes my fancy ad you guys can ask or chat about random grow issues, yet will still follow everything im doing just not strictly this or that ...sound good?

so yeah this one is caput the blue dream it was about died like 79 yrs ago
but the marsII400 kikked butt and is vegging mothers again very nicly and cheaply too
yup topled is my go to budget light
thanks for putting up with my crap for one more and if you join me in the next thanks in advance
:rocker:
i :love: you all and i :love: :420:

Hey, I think that's a great idea BID. A single thread that can 'ebb & flow' without endangering any eggshells. I Like.

Back
Top Bottom