Casey Jones #2

Each of the different LED in your box projects its specific lumens at a unique specific light wave. They dont cross each others angles and mix, to provide the required mix of wavelenths until you are 18 inches above them. Its the mixing of the different LEDs colors to give each leave the required mix of waves to grow properly.

Its the opposite of CFLs and getting close. Those each project the same curve of light at all distances. LED panels might have 4-6 or more specific wave lengths included. You need to distance to let ALL of them work together.

Every LED's lens has a focal range where the different spectrum mix properly, it is only a matter of determining the minimum hanging distance above the canopy to ensure an optimum amount of light and coverage for your grow area as a baseline that you may experiment with.

the specs on the topled website give this---Germination: 24~30inch; Vegitative:18~24inch

Flowering :12~18inch.

Spectrum:430~440nm, 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, IR, and white

It does make sense to run them higher,not all bands are in every row,

Not sure B.real,learning with this fixture as you are

the plants are three weeks old today even though they don't look it. they have finally resumed growth after being under fluorescent lighting for a couple days. tonight I'll turn the leds back on and hope for the best.

IMG_069233.JPG

thanks and I hear ya buddy. at least I'll have some room for improvement which is fun in regards to growing plants.

That was a good plan to shut off your LED and use the cfls b.real . I hope to hear good news since you turned it back on,I m guessing you have your little ones as low as possible now
I just started 2 plants tonight in flower and have 18 inches from canopy to my led this time.This would be my third group of plants since switching to led and also the biggest at the flip where Im needing the footprint they say it covers, I will try and keep at least 12 " after the stretch to get that area and really see how well my light is:geek:

at least I'm not the only one :laughtwo:

the sprouts are 12" away from the leds and are growing :yahoo:

they're four weeks old today. should they have grown more than they did?

IMG_072827.JPG

the leds have been over them for a week today. keep in mind that I'm running 12 hours of light.

Just wanted to jump again and say what's up. I don't really have any input. At 4 weeks they seem small. But I've never watched any journals that run 12 12 from the start. My autos were that small, but I was nute-ing the hell out of them (newbie syndrome).

On another note, I've got some beans on the way from Herbies. This way, I can start start with some reputable seeds instead of the bag seeds I got last time.

Back
Top Bottom