Five Strains In 33"x33" - 600W HPS - Organic Soil Mix - 7 Gal Pots - Water Only?

:bump:
Ya Major....your avatar....you and me....we gotta talk my brotha... :rofl:what happened to that cool kat just chillin ....seamed all peacefull and happy, just like the real Major...:hippy: That guy looks pretty scary...

OK-OK. So my halloween pictures aren't working for you guys. Back to the old one. :)

Weekend Update (week #8)
One week since the flip to 12/12

:welcome: back.

I did some pruning trying to give these gals room to breath in my "phone booth" grow room. If you think they looked ratty before I got ahold of them, just wait till you see the after pic's. Much of their shape is due to the corners in the room and them competing with each other for any available light and space. Also, I'm still new at shaping and training and these got away from me while dealing with the summer harvest. That's my excuse and I sticking with it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

They all look healthy and they are starting to throw pistils now. They need a drink (it has been a week) but I ran our of time this morning before the lights went out. I'll water them well tonight when the lights come on.

On to some boring veg pictures...

Here they are before their trim.
All1_10-24-15.jpg

All2_10-24-15.jpg

My old friend, Ace of Spades
Before
AS2_10-24-15.jpg

After
AS3_10-24-15.jpg

...and her evil twin, Pitbull
Before
PB1_10-24-15.jpg

PB2_10-24-15.jpg

After
PB3_10-24-15.jpg

This is Blue Dream
BD1_10-24-15.jpg

BD2_10-24-15.jpg

and this is Sour Diesel
SD1_10-24-15.jpg

SD2_10-24-15.jpg

SD3_10-24-15.jpg

Last but not least, Shark Shock CBD
SS1_10-24-15.jpg

SS2_10-24-15.jpg

SS3_10-24-15.jpg

Back in their clown car but with a little more breathing room.
All3_10-24-15.jpg

All4_10-24-15.jpg

I took cuttings. My first two clone attempts went great. Since then, not so great and I have no idea why.
Cuttings10.jpg

That's all for this week. I hope to take some brix readings in a few days.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

:Namaste:

Major, I'm impressed. That was an excellent strip to prepare for the great bloom. Don't you feel better now?

Just so you know, I got the Halloween thing. A family favorite holiday. It was kinda cool how you got even more evil looking. :laughtwo: These are sensitive guys, and we love them. :love:

Major have you been thoroughly disinfecting your cloner between rounds? The only time I have had issues with my cloner has been when I did a poor job cleaning her out between runs. Trim job looks great though, they will be much happier!
Good to know. I do wash it out well after each use, but I do not truly disinfect it. I'll give it a shot beore my next round. Thanks!

Nice major......hey ya do what ya have to do......lol, were you a barber in the service.......:):passitleft:
If I cut hair it would look like my plants. I've been doing the "Mr. Clean" thing for so many years, I don't even remember when I last had a haircut. Luckily for my plants I didn't shave them like I do my head.

Major, I'm impressed. That was an excellent strip to prepare for the great bloom. Don't you feel better now?

Just so you know, I got the Halloween thing. A family favorite holiday. It was kinda cool how you got even more evil looking. :laughtwo: These are sensitive guys, and we love them. :love:
Hi Sue! I have along way to go with plant shaping but this was a chance to practice. They were too big when I flipped them and I'm not terribly concerned with yield, so now is my chance to play around and learn from the results. I do feel better, but mainly 'cuz it is over.
Halloween is our favorite holiday, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Major have you been thoroughly disinfecting your cloner between rounds?
Thanxx for the tip ShiggityFlip. Even though my cloner runs perpetually (no rounds) the next time it's empty I'll do a good cleaning. I've been just changing the water every week or so.

:nicethread: evolving here Pita the Butcher Barber.

What I really recommend in pump driven manifold types with a sprayer system is to run the manifold and pump completely submersed with a bunch of oxyclean. Put the small emitters in a small cup with oxyclean and clean them with paper clips and pipe cleaners. Sit the foam inserts in there as well. Or if using pool noodles just cut new inserts. The oxyclean will kill almost all of your worries and softens up what's left for easy removal. Scrub the inside and outside of everything with a brush. Run a few hours then dismantle the pump and clean the inside with a test tube brush. Change water and run with 2tbs/gallon bleach for a few hours then empty and change to clean water for several hours to get all the bleach out.

Whenever cloning aseptically you are running a race against pathogens. The constant wetness on the roots is a greeting card for baddies. Especially with open xylem and phloem tubes as part of the mix. By having the cloner as clean as possible you are giving the plants a better chance to win the race by lowering the amount of innoculum in the cloner. Bio films inside the pump and manifold can wreak havoc with your baby girls. Regular maintenance can really keep you up in that 95-100% success zone. With the pump emitter types of clones the more air stones you can add to the solution the better. I have one of those ultrasonic foggers coming so I am looking forward to playing with that. Sorry for the Threadjack Major. These clones work so great until they don't, so it's easy to be lazy. I am guilty of that too.

No worries SF - you can't jack my topics. Great information, much appreciated! :high-five:

Hey Major...Ya eh...what Shiggy said there. Sounds like he's got it down pretty good. Wanted to say great job with the haircuts pal....they're gonna be able to grow some nice big buds now. Major,...what's in the soil you've got em in again? Supersoil?
Have a great night .....and Gang!
My soil is just a locally available potting soil (very similar to Promix HP). It also comes in 3.8 cu-ft bales, but has a better fiber structure and is less expensive. To that, I added the same amendment I was given and used in my outdoor grow. It is soil that was left over from summer.
My soil is a mix of local potting soil which is similar to our beloved ProMix HP (but about half the price) - 70% peat moss and 30% perlite. To it I added the same amendment I used outdoors: feather, kelp, alfalfa, soy bean and bone meals, worm castings, rock dust, potash, BSM, liquid kelp, sea salt, azomite, humic acid, oyster flour, and myco.

I'm hoping this haircut let's them do OK in there. They are still growing like crazy so I think all the remaining watering, pruning, training and photos will have to be done in place. :thanks:

-edit-

This soil actually turned out the best smoke from my outdoor grow. I was looking forward to the Pitbull, but the Ace of Spades in this soil totally kicks ass. This soil is not a high brix blend, but the plants grown in it were within 1-2% of those in the HB kit soil. I don't think the quality of the produce was due to the soil as much as the timing of my harvest. The HB plants came down first and the AoS in this soil was last. I may have pulled the trigger a week or so early on some/all of the others.

Now that the stuff has cured for a couple of weeks, I find it just about perfect for me. A nice "up" buzz for getting things done with a very tasty citrus-pine thing on exhale. The Pitbull is a good counterpoint. Skunky flavor. Perfect for a good night's sleep.

I find it fascinating how often you hear a cultivator mention how perfect the harvest is fitted to him/her. I've had the same experience and it always makes me wonder if there's not something going on between these amazing plants and their caregivers? Yep, I'm buzzed, but the thought was there long before my buzz. :laughtwo:

My soil is just a locally available potting soil (very similar to Promix HP). It also comes in 3.8 cu-ft bales, but has a better fiber structure and is less expensive.
That's what I needed to hear Pita.

Because when I do the side by side with Doc's Kit I was thinking it's only fair to use the same local soil as the base for his that I'm using in PJ's Soil Mix.
If Pro mix is a better or worse soil than my LI Island Grower's mix it wouldn't be a clear cut outcome & PJ's Mix is already cooking with LI Grower's Mix.

Because when I do the side by side with Doc's Kit I was thinking it's only fair to use the same local soil as the base for his that I'm using in PJ's Soil Mix.
If Pro mix is a better or worse soil than my LI Island Grower's mix it wouldn't be a clear cut outcome & PJ's Mix is already cooking with LI Grower's Mix.

For a fair comparison, you should try to use Promix HP for Doc's kit. All the lab formulations you will be using as part of the kit were designed specifically for that soil. I used this brand because I already had it and I am not running Doc's kit this time around.

OK, duly noted sir.

Top of the day to ya Major...just cruising around a bit....oh crap...I guess I should find some work to do eh....f...k sakes, i' wanna retire, this working thing is just getting really old ,ya know! Bin doin it now for over 40 yrs. ...6 more to go to 62...then I will have 20 yrs. on my work pension and can start to collect it....yeepa, yeepa! Have a great day my brotha! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom