Five Strains In 33"x33" - 600W HPS - Organic Soil Mix - 7 Gal Pots - Water Only?

I'm closing in on that retirement day as well Duggan. I try not to think about it but the closer we get the harder it is and every time someone you know retires it only makes time look like it's standing still for yourself.

Top of the day to ya Major...just cruising around a bit....oh crap...I guess I should find some work to do eh....f...k sakes, i' wanna retire, this working thing is just getting really old ,ya know! Bin doin it now for over 40 yrs. ...6 more to go to 62...then I will have 20 yrs. on my work pension and can start to collect it....yeepa, yeepa! Have a great day my brotha! :high-five:

It looks like forever now Duggan. You'll blink and it'll be upon you. Worth the wait. It's just the wait is always too long.

Top of the day to ya Major...just cruising around a bit....oh crap...I guess I should find some work to do eh....f...k sakes, i' wanna retire, this working thing is just getting really old ,ya know! Bin doin it now for over 40 yrs. ...6 more to go to 62...then I will have 20 yrs. on my work pension and can start to collect it....yeepa, yeepa! Have a great day my brotha! :high-five:

I'm closing in on that retirement day as well Duggan. I try not to think about it but the closer we get the harder it is and every time someone you know retires it only makes time look like it's standing still for yourself.
Yep - showing up for a job everyday that you don't like (anymore), gets to be a drag REAL quick. I've been very fortunate in that respect. Hang in there! :high-five:

Hope you don't mind me showing up late for the show! Looks like it may have a great ending. I will just hang in the corner and refrain from tossing popcorn.
Great to see you oldergrower! Always nice to have another Oregonian along for the ride ... but I like popcorn. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's not so much that I don't like it Pita but it will be great to never have to come in again.

Hey Major....just read an article in today's paper up here about pot and legalization. They say they will prolly mirror Colorado's laws to some degree. Question, if they do...then what are they ,as far as growing your own (how many plants etc)I know your not in Co. but does anyone know what the laws are currently in that state. Apparently some big shot from there is working with the Liberals to help formulate new laws etc. Cheers Gang!

look over there!!!!! WTHeck?? 2 weeks late?? sub'd :)
WTH Ziggy? Get with the program! :rofl:
I know it's been busy over on your side of the tent. Glad you made it! :welcome:

Hey Major....just read an article in today's paper up here about pot and legalization. They say they will prolly mirror Colorado's laws to some degree. Question, if they do...then what are they ,as far as growing your own (how many plants etc)I know your not in Co. but does anyone know what the laws are currently in that state. Apparently some big shot from there is working with the Liberals to help formulate new laws etc. Cheers Gang!
I believe a Colorado resident is allowed to grow up to 6 plants, 3 of which can be in bloom.
That would be an upgrade to our current law. Right now we are allowed to grow 4 plants per household. That means if 4 adults reside at the same residence, they still only get 4 plants total between all of them. If you live alone, you still can have 4 plants just for yourself. Makes no sense at all. And Oregon does not distinguish between seedlings or cuttings and fully mature plants in flower for these rules. That's the part that really gets me. If you grow from seed, you have roughly a 50-50 chance of getting a female. If one is unhealthy or dies for whatever reason, it is easy to end up with only one or two plants (legally). I'm OK with 4 mature plants but I want to be able to have a few more growing as babies.

Hey Reg and Dusty!
I think this feels appropriate; a kief video for the Kiefers.

-----------------------

As promised, here is my kief dry ice extraction video. I'm NOT calling it a tutorial. It is more of an enthusiastic endorsement. As a tutorial, it would be the blind leading the blind since I'm learning this procedure as I go. In fact I'd love to hear from others with experience as to how they do it differently so as to improve my process. I hope you find it useful. I'm very happy with the results but there is always room or improvement. Cheers!

[video=vimeo;142745043]
[/video]

Total time to process all batches was 2-1/2 hours. Yield for Ace of Spades was just over 16%. Yield for Pitbull was slightly under 11%, for an average of more than 14% overall. We processed 30 oz. of trim to get 4.25 oz. of kief. That puts the grand total at 6 oz. from our summer harvest.

That tortilla press--awesome! Loved the video thanks PITA! Was just trying to figure out how to overcome the small bucket obstacle--bungie cord! Genius.

What I really recommend in pump driven manifold types with a sprayer system is to run the manifold and pump completely submersed with a bunch of oxyclean. Put the small emitters in a small cup with oxyclean and clean them with paper clips and pipe cleaners. Sit the foam inserts in there as well. Or if using pool noodles just cut new inserts. The oxyclean will kill almost all of your worries and softens up what's left for easy removal. Scrub the inside and outside of everything with a brush. Run a few hours then dismantle the pump and clean the inside with a test tube brush. Change water and run with 2tbs/gallon bleach for a few hours then empty and change to clean water for several hours to get all the bleach out.

Whenever cloning aseptically you are running a race against pathogens. The constant wetness on the roots is a greeting card for baddies. Especially with open xylem and phloem tubes as part of the mix. By having the cloner as clean as possible you are giving the plants a better chance to win the race by lowering the amount of innoculum in the cloner. Bio films inside the pump and manifold can wreak havoc with your baby girls. Regular maintenance can really keep you up in that 95-100% success zone. With the pump emitter types of clones the more air stones you can add to the solution the better. I have one of those ultrasonic foggers coming so I am looking forward to playing with that. Sorry for the Threadjack Major. These clones work so great until they don't, so it's easy to be lazy. I am guilty of that too.

DAMN dude, epic write up! You'd make a great brewer, if you aren't already :thumb:

For all that work though, I feel like slapping some powder on 'em and sticking them in soil is SOO much easier. Different strokes eh? Again love the attention to cleanliness and detail amigo, I feel I have much to learn from you. Cheers! :Namaste:

DAMN dude, epic write up! You'd make a great brewer, if you aren't already :thumb:

For all that work though, I feel like slapping some powder on 'em and sticking them in soil is SOO much easier. Different strokes eh? Again love the attention to cleanliness and detail amigo, I feel I have much to learn from you. Cheers! :Namaste:
haha it really is only about an hours work in total with a lot of soaking in between. The real benefit is getting vigorous clones with roots in just a few days. I am a bit over obsessive about cleaning but I want to ensure 100% success with no yellowing of the cuttings. So this is to make sure that happens. The clones are so vigorous they take off right away. I used to do less cleaning but I started to get less than 100% just like Major was saying. So I bit the bullet and started cleaning. I am unwilling to lose any clones, one of them may be the pheno I can't afford to lose!

Thanks man!
All is good here. All of them are looking good. Crowded, but good.
Same to you. Are you taking your guys out for Halloween?

BOO!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks man!
All is good here. All of them are looking good. Crowded, but good.
Same to you. Are you taking your guys out for Halloween?

BOO!

:cheesygrinsmiley:
Good, glad to hear they're still all happy, happy! No, on the boys, they're with their mother this weekend. My oldest (14) doesn't go out any more and the 8 yr. old wanted to come over to my place for it but ,I need a break. have hockey with him tomorrow so....with all the hockey ,suppers and weekends at my place , it sometimes feels like I have sole custody and not her. Whenever they're at my house....when they leave , my fridge is empty...:hmmmm: My oldest comes to my (he grew up in this house for 10 yrs.) house after school every day till his mom picks him up , so I see him a lot ....other than MY weekends with them. Thanks for asking bud....have a great Fri night and BOO , TOO! :high-five:

Weekend Update (week #9)
14 days since the flip to 12/12

Welcome to the most boring journal update on :420: :rofl:

Not much to say. These girls are on autopilot. I've given them nothing since the water they got last weekend. I know they are getting thirsty so I expect once per week is about right at this stage.

I'm really pleased with the progress on all of them. They all look good to me, but they are now too big for me to wrestle out of their phone booth. Shark Shock is the runt in the lower left. Pitbull is the tallest in the opposite corner, right-rear. They added several inches this week. I have about one more foot I can raise my lights before I have to get real creative. We'll see...

Just two pictures - one with labels - both under HPS (sorry).

20151031_041520.jpg

Labeled2.jpg

The clones I took last week all seem to be hanging in there. I'm going to change their water tomorrow. I don't expect roots yet, but you never know. I can dream... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Have a great Halloween everyone! See ya around the yard.

Back
Top Bottom