Mono's Monster 3.0 - One Plant - One Kilo?

I really missed working in the garden this weekend. Sure is nice to see Mrs Mono side of the family, but the break from normal routine can be a bit of a pain..

Anyway. Update Time

:high-five:

We have a solid 3ft x 3ft bush growing in the tent now, so I may almost be satisfied with her width, would like to see another 8-10 inches in her height before flip though.

I was going to leave her another couple of days before another training session, but decided just to go for it today. All I did was open her up around the outside. I've got the barber coming in a few days to give her a nice haircut ;)

Before

IMG_3086_1_.JPG
IMG_3087_1_.JPG
IMG_3088_1_.JPG

After

IMG_3090_1_.JPG
IMG_3093_1_.JPG
IMG_3091_1_.JPG
IMG_3092_1_.JPG

And now we are back in the pink :surf:

IMG_3089_1_.JPG

I'm sure I said before that I'm going to use the 600 watt HPS for flowering the big girl. I'm just not sure about LED yet, and don't have very much experience with it so it seems like a bit of a risk to commit to flowering the big girl under it when the HPS is there.

Some shots of the flowering tent, these plants will be finished under the LED :):)

IMG_3097_1_.JPG
IMG_3100_1_.JPG
IMG_3098_1_.JPG
IMG_3101_1_.JPG
IMG_3099_1_.JPG
IMG_3102_1_.JPG

Looking Sweet my friend! Shame on not going led for flowering the big girl but you'll kill it with your tried and trusted HP's :)

Hey LA! Thanks fella! Haha, I'm just not convinced the LED will be able to match the HPS... You recon it could? Would save a lot of hassle moving lights around, she is stuck in the tent she is in ;)

Hmm as I've never used that brand of lamp I wouldn't like to comment where such a fine plant is at stake lol. I'm kind of limited to Budmaster lamps experience wise. Also as you've set a nice target maybe the tried and tested is the way to go?

I hear ya fella! I'm never happy with a change of growing method lol. Plus I've not tried this air cooled light out on a big plant yet haha :):) Finishing the smaller plants under the LED will be a good chance to test the water and get a good feel of things.

I've used the Mars II 1600w and it grew some nice bud, it didn't match the yield of my HPS grow though and that was my first ever grow. I'm not sure whether it's just a case of HPS being new grower friendlier due to the blurple effect LED's needing calmag added but mine is now in my room as an emergency backup light since moving onto the COB style lights which I 'think' are better, although I have no conclusive proof after my first grow using them and only a couple of plants in there.

It would be great to see what a good grower can pull from under one of those but I'd rather see a guaranteed kilo haul :thumb:

I've used the Mars II 1600w and it grew some nice bud, it didn't match the yield of my HPS grow though and that was my first ever grow. I'm not sure whether it's just a case of HPS being new grower friendlier due to the blurple effect LED's needing calmag added but mine is now in my room as an emergency backup light since moving onto the COB style lights which I 'think' are better, although I have no conclusive proof after my first grow using them and only a couple of plants in there.

It would be great to see what a good grower can pull from under one of those but I'd rather see a guaranteed kilo haul :thumb:

Thanks bud, I wasn't too worried about the cal mag issues with LED as I already add dolomite lime to every feeding - it seems coco causes just as much of a cal mag issue as the LED. I'm just still not too convinced that the LED can match the HPS on lumens output and proper growing spectrum.

Glad to hear you seen good results with the 1600 version, can I ask what size of growing space that was in? The 1200 is supposed to be able to cover 16 square feet well, which it seems to do for vegetative growth just not got a clue on the light intensity.

I'm really interested in LED, and loads of people seem to be using them with good results...

Back
Top Bottom