SmokeyMcFly's HighBrix, Grand Daddy Purple, Ace Bubba Kush & Cotton Candy Grow

tur·gor
ˈtərɡər/
noun
BOTANY

the state of turgidity and resulting rigidity of cells (or tissues), typically due to the absorption of fluid.

:cheesygrinsmiley: They're sorta stiff and puffy, with well-defined shapes - almost always a sign of a plant in the groove. :cheesygrinsmiley: Mmmph! Gorgeous.

DSC_0434_782DSC_0434_sm.JPG

Right on thanks GT :morenutes:

Hey Smokey...wow my brotha, lookin really nice in here as usual my friend! Just seen this link , a lil late but I'm here now bud. Cheers !:Namaste:

Thanks Duggan!

Well I"m basically on my 2nd grow, so what I saw it wasn't in the Easy category far as growing goes but it wasn't Hard either, I just need to stick to the ones that the most "forgiving" until I get a few grows under my belt. As seeds or clones are expensive enough I'd rather be "safe than sorry" ;) as I still haven't determined if I have a "brown thumb" yet :rofl: me trying to have regular house plants back in the day was a death sentence for them, slow and painful :rofl:

Makes sense. Depending on how you're growing most strains are not really anymore difficult than the others as long as your environment is correct. :thumb: Some of the landrace strains are more fussy about their env since they haven't been bread to be grown indoors but most of the normal crosses are similar from what I have experienced other than some need more MG than others in our highbrix soil.

checkin' in! Looks good.

Thanks Doc!

I'm all for emailing Ace and asking them to re release those seeds. After watching grow it the first time I went to their site to see if it was still available but unfortunately they had already discontinued them. You got lucky with getting three out of four females with the GDPs, I have seen it mentioned a few times that they tend to have a high male to female ratio.

Ziggy pm'd me a link today of a seedbank that is still selling them. I have never ordered from them before but if you would like to get a pack or anyone else would like a pack let me know and I will send you the link. Since I already have a keeper I am happy with I would rather you guys get them than me if they only have a couple packs left. This one is much more narcotic than the first one I grew, this one is legit the best pain relief bud I have EVER had.

I made a new friend for a bit yesterday, found him laying on the concrete and thought he was dead at first but then he moved a bit. After he was in my hands for a couple min he must of warmed up because he all of a sudden had enough energy to fly out of my hands but then landed on my shoulder and hung out for a good 10 min while I was trying to get someone to bring a box out of the store so I could try and take him to a shelter, all their food is dead here dunno why he didn't migrate :( While I was waiting a car pulled in right in front of me and scared him away and he flew up into the tree so hopefully he survives but I don't know it's pretty cold here for them right now :(

IMG_163429.JPG

I'm all for emailing Ace and asking them to re release those seeds. After watching grow it the first time I went to their site to see if it was still available but unfortunately they had already discontinued them. You got lucky with getting three out of four females with the GDPs, I have seen it mentioned a few times that they tend to have a high male to female ratio.

I'm still not 100% sold that the butt hole method of sexing seeds is 100% accurate but it seems to be so far. I was trying for 3 females and 1 male based on that method and thats how they came out. It really does seem to work :thumb: I don't remember how many of the remaining six were which but I think I snagged at least half of the ones that looked like female out of the 10 for this round. I don't normally grow this many of one strain at a time but I want to keep it around if I like it and I figured if I did three I would have a decent chance of finding a good one :)

I'm still not 100% sold that the butt hole method of sexing seeds is 100% accurate but it seems to be so far. I was trying for 3 females and 1 male based on that method and thats how they came out. It really does seem to work :thumb: I don't remember how many of the remaining six were which but I think I snagged at least half of the ones that looked like female out of the 10 for this round. I don't normally grow this many of one strain at a time but I want to keep it around if I like it and I figured if I did three I would have a decent chance of finding a good one :)

I have seen people have mixed results with using the sexing method. I tried it when I started a seed each of Pennywise hurkle and Querkle by choosing the ones that best fit the criteria. The Pennywise and Querkle ended up being female with the hurkle being a male. For some odd reason the Hurkle flowered under 24/0 and even dropped some pollen before I caught it. 2 out of 3 isn't bad and the Hurkle was iffy.

Btw I would be interested in finding out what site has the bubba x hashplants. :thumb:

Mornin Smokey, ya with the sexing thing....remember i tried it too , with the Maple Leaf Indica and got 100 % females using that sexing method....so , ya , i believe it works too, but i've only done it that one time so.... I just like Fem seeds...they always work out well for me! Cheers bud and have a very Merry Christmas my friend.:Namaste:

Yea I prefer fem seeds as well unfortunately every strain I really really want to grow usually doesn't have them as an option.

I have seen people have mixed results with using the sexing method. I tried it when I started a seed each of Pennywise hurkle and Querkle by choosing the ones that best fit the criteria. The Pennywise and Querkle ended up being female with the hurkle being a male. For some odd reason the Hurkle flowered under 24/0 and even dropped some pollen before I caught it. 2 out of 3 isn't bad and the Hurkle was iffy.

Btw I would be interested in finding out what site has the bubba x hashplants. :thumb:

How did those TGA plants turn out? Did you take any pics?

I'll pm you the link later when I can get on a pc.

Merry Christmas everyone and happy holidays for anyone that doesn't do the Christmas thang:passitleft:

I'm here! Looking great Smokey! I can't wait to try that Bubba and GDP. I do so many sativas I really want a heavy body numbing indica. Most my indica efforts end up acting like sativas. That ACE snow moon has all indica genetics and the leaves on those were as skinny as panama. :goodjob:

Welcome Neiko, what light schedule do you run?

Hey Smokey, I have run the ac/dc querkle on 11/13 and 11.5/12.5. Same with the snowmoon. I have settled for now on 11.5/12.5 until my sativas get later into flower then i'll drop to 11/13. That snowmoon pheno smells like blackberry chewing gum....ummm. Both of those will take whatever you throw at them too. I usually drench those at 1.5 ml per gallon of soil. I would advise a super drench on the ac/dc. You should be able to take the ac/dc at 7.5-8.5 weeks and snowmoon I ran the seeded plant 10 weeks. The clone looks like it might finish sooner.
:peacetwo:

Thanks all!

Blackberry chewing gum sounds :drool: I usually do around .5ml - 1ml per gallon all though I often wonder if I should use more. All three of these flowering plants are being grown in second run soil with zero re-amendment to see what would happen. The bubba and CC were given a bit heavier dose of recharge at the beginning and the GDP just got a few gallon top dress of some new extra rich soil i just cooked up. The only difference I really noticed with the bubba and CC was they needed a lot more MG than usual and the GDP is looking like it will need the same so far.

Have a great new years everyone :passitleft:

Thanks all!

Blackberry chewing gum sounds :drool: I usually do around .5ml - 1ml per gallon all though I often wonder if I should use more. All three of these flowering plants are being grown in second run soil with zero re-amendment to see what would happen. The bubba and CC were given a bit heavier dose of recharge at the beginning and the GDP just got a few gallon top dress of some new extra rich soil i just cooked up. The only difference I really noticed with the bubba and CC was they needed a lot more MG than usual and the GDP is looking like it will need the same so far.

Have a great new years everyone :passitleft:

Smokey, you using WA10x?

Back
Top Bottom