Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

for a photo of him stoned :)
yeah, I’m not gonna do that :)

favorite Sativa?
I honestly don’t know yet. I dont know that I’ve ever knowingly had a pure sativa, apart from rare occasions when very young, including some Thai stick once (and I wouldn’t want to do that every day! :laughtwo: )... but not in recent years or since beginning my strain hunting (after finding out about strains ;) ). Mostly hybrids. I did have some G13 haze that I really liked but that’s a hybrid too. ANother hybrid that I loved was a Golden Tiger x Northern Lights made by a friend locally - when fresh that was an incredible happy pill but once it cured it got a bit too heart racey for me. I have some pure sativas in my collection to slowly work through, and this grow is the first time I’ve had a chance to grow some. Ask me again in 10 years! :laughtwo:

:smokin:

Hello lovely people :ganjamon: today’s update is delayed (obviously). An appointment and some fire prep took all the output I had for today. Tomorrow is going to be around 38ºC and windy and the big fires near here are still ablaze, in and out of control. So we’re prep’d (to leave).
There’s definitely more ganja in my suitcase than clothes! :thumb:

I’m planning to water all the pots in the morning. They are all close to fully dry and the heat will descend early so I’m sure they will appreciate a morning dunk.

I expect to be able to update things after that :ciao: :peace:

Hello lovely people :ganjamon: today’s update is delayed (obviously). An appointment and some fire prep took all the output I had for today. Tomorrow is going to be around 38ºC and windy and the big fires near here are still ablaze, in and out of control. So we’re prep’d (to leave).
There’s definitely more ganja in my suitcase than clothes! :thumb:

I’m planning to water all the pots in the morning. They are all close to fully dry and the heat will descend early so I’m sure they will appreciate a morning dunk.

I expect to be able to update things after that :ciao: :peace:
Be safe! :circle-of-love:

:love:Hey Amy.

Living on high alert sounds physically and mentally tiresome. Much love to you Amy. I would be a nervous wreck.

Was reading that Cayenne pepper is hated by grasshoppers, it's the taste of it apparently. It is also hated by most furry animals with a sense of smell. You could easily make a spray for the hoppers and sprinkle around with dry pepper for the little sniffer types. Was going to quote your post but lost it somehow and I'm too lazy to go back. Lol.
Going to do a little more reading on it. The mammals not liking it makes sense to me but the insect one not so much. I thought you needed specialized taste buds to pick up on the capsaicin.

Was reading that Cayenne pepper is hated by grasshoppers, it's the taste of it apparently. It is also hated by most furry animals with a sense of smell. You could easily make a spray for the hoppers and sprinkle around with dry pepper for the little sniffer types. Was going to quote your post but lost it somehow and I'm too lazy to go back. Lol.
:thanks: with everything going on I haven’t had a chance to even remember to look it up..
Much love to you Amy. I would be a nervous wreck.
Thank you again. There have been moments!
thought you needed specialized taste buds to pick up on the capsaicin.
Must be something other than taste.... maybe it burns their little feet :eek:

:rofl: priorities :rofl:
:thumb: Ganja makes life possible and is hard to find (very hard around here). Clothes are only for social conformity and can be puchased everywhere!
I hope you are safe from the fires
I hope you are safe from the fires
Sorry to hear about the fires Amy, please stay safe and hopefully they will be able to get them under control soon. Cooperate weather!!!!
Stay safe Ms Amy
Thanks folks! Taking it all as it comes ...

Wow. Just read through this journal and you have had some fun haven't you!

Thanks for taking the time out to reply to my newbie post while juggling all of your local adversity! My goodness. Lions, Tigers and Bears has given way to Fires, Critters and Smoke.

At least there's a Wallaby about right? Gotta have a Wallaby in tow to even things out.

I will ask Mother Nature to cook up a healthy dose of precipitation for you Amy. She will barter for homemade Chocolate confectioneries as I understand it.

Great pictures!!!

Be safe.

Smokey Update... :cough:

The pics on my SLR will have to stay there for a while (too much going on) so I snapped some quick and smokey pics with the phone this morning, before all the seedlings got a nice dunk.

The 8am sun was trying to push through the smoke haze!

And here, the Regular kids. They have collectively lost between 20 and 60% of their foliage to the pesky grasshoppers (there are hundreds of them) but they are all pressing on regardless, even if a little slow, and with some decent colour. Most have the third node on the way out :) (SP x WX on the left and PS on the right)
75CE2408-3684-4630-A729-1DD3855DF6A5.jpeg

The Fem seedlings are coming along fine - they come inside over night and are on the deck during the day, further away from the hoppers and chasing the sun (with my help).

Smokey daze.
CD0C58C6-E730-41F7-821A-63CD5F78829F.jpeg

They’re totally light so I can easily move them about and will keep them with this routine until they have some size and I have some more decent protections in the raised bed area, at which time I’ll transplant them into there.

I haven’t been able to source those mesh food covers anywhere locally yet, goodness sakes! It’s Australia people - land of the flies! Anyhoo, hopefully we’ll land some soon, even if it has to be online :eye-roll:

I know that pic doesn’t really show you the babies, but it shows you what they’re dealing with today :D

The smoke is certainly clearer now, just FYI :battingeyelashes: . The mornings are worst and today was the worst morning yet. We’re 25km from the big fire. I can only imagine what it must be like for those a lot closer.

Tomorrow is going to be around 38ºC and windy
I was a day ahead of myself, today was only high 20s, it’s tomorrow and Saturday predicted to be the super hot ones.

No critter today - it’s on the SLR camera too and I’m just not up for that and may not be for a few days. Besides, the feature character of the week is definitely the atmospheric conditions...

What a crazy time. Growing is a really nice anchor in amongst it and the situation gives me a real calmness around the plants.

It seems the closer the heavy weather gets the calmer and more ready to hop in the car and head out I feel. I certainly don’t feel anywhere near as dramatic as the situation must seem (and maybe is), just ready for it.

Hope you all are having good days and are well medicated where needed.

:love:
:Namaste:

:cough:

Hoping it stays away and gets under control. We have two big fires in the western cape already but mostly down the garden route . I'm sure there will be plenty through the season though. Luckily I don't live on the mountain slopes anymore.

Possibly the hoppers are fleeing the fire? Sounds like you need a colony of spiders or some fat praying mantis.
Worst case some DE?

yeah, I’m not gonna do that :)
Haha. Reminds of the time my black lab got ahold of the trash can out back that I put some mash from an oil run in. She was stoned for two days. My wife was so pissed at me and I was pissed at myself. Don’t let your dogs eat weed people. :rolleyes:
Anyways, you’ve certainly had an exciting outdoor so far lol. Me and the Cali growers know about them fires. I had fires less than a few miles from me last summer. Firemen and associated fire fighting personnel are heroes to me.
apologies for not getting round til’ now but you know how I am haha. The burlap sack, is that to try and keep the little roots from getting fried in the small containers? If so, care to talk about it’s effectiveness so far? As you know, I deal with pretty warm summers and last year my plants showed no trouble but plants in small containers here just get roasted.
I think I might start seeds in one gallons and just put them in the raised bed like I’m preparing for upcanning. Then transplant once the plant shows signs of being root bound.

Back
Top Bottom