Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

re: Another Brix In The Wall - Sweet Pink Stink & Girl Scout

Possibly the bigger issue would be my neighbor wondering why I am going out to the shed so often and throughout the winter and carrying large water jugs out there. My well water is not great, about 340 ppm so was planning on using mountain spring water which is about 14 ppm and dehumidifier water, about 50-70 ppm.

Thanks Duggs! All is well here, I hope the same is true for you! I will ask once I get close.

Thanks Nis! While I wasn't planning on running water due to my well water not being great I was thinking having a drain for flushing purposes but no code officers would be stopping by.

I built a 12X20 "shed" which is used as a living space, kind of like a tiny house but without bath room and kitchen, have to go in the house for those. No permits, no inspections. I was burning some brush out in the back yard before we were supposed to and the fire station people came and made me put it out, the next day someone from the town came by to look at the shed, took some measurements, noted it's not permanent and left, my assessment went up by 5k and that is all that happened.

I do have an electrician friend but would rather ask you, if I were to run a a line from my garage or shed, could I add a circuit breaker box for the grow shed and add the needed outlets or would I need to come off the board on my house?

I'm kind of in the country but not really but I don't think any questions would be asked for a small shed.

I'm actually considering bailing on the grow shed and just moving it into my living shed for the winter and keep it in the garage when it's warm enough, that set up is working pretty good.
Hey Ween...yes my friend, I would suggest running a 10 or 12/3 underground cable to a little "pony" panel for your shed. It's a big one , so I would go with a 10/3 cable, this would need a 30 amp breaker in your main panel or garage panel. Hook that cable to a small 8 circuit panel , then take all your 14/2 feeds to your grow equipment from this 'pony "panel. Very good Q. BTW!
Ween , if you have any , more detailed Q's. feel free to PM me if ya like ...I will always get very detailed with the PM's. Cheers and have an awesome day !:circle-of-love::Namaste::high-five:

Thanks Duggan! That's why I love this place, so many great people ready and willing to help!

:thanks::Namaste::high-five::passitleft:

You got it bud! You found a pretty cool spot....stick around a while would ya...maybe try Doc's "kit". It's a hellava good way to grow. Whatever your style or method the answers are all right here in these journals....:thumb::love:
Glad your here with us Ween. Have an awesome night my brotha!....ya , that's right .....i said my brotha!:high-five::Namaste:

Need help again ASAP, I went into the garage this am and the breaker tripped, 1st time since I started this. The timers said around 6 o'clock and while I thought it was saying pm, that couldn't be because the lights would be out and they were on when I flipped the breaker back on at a bout 8:15.

Should I just leave the lights as is and have a new light schedule or advance timers to the actual time which would turn the lights out at 9am?

Need help again ASAP, I went into the garage this am and the breaker tripped, 1st time since I started this. The timers said around 6 o'clock and while I thought it was saying pm, that couldn't be because the lights would be out and they were on when I flipped the breaker back on at a bout 8:15.

Should I just leave the lights as is and have a new light schedule or advance timers to the actual time which would turn the lights out at 9am?

Hey Ween...I would advance the timers and get it set properly to your original schedule. How come that breaker tripped...Is that circuit overloaded ...or is there a problem with something?

Morning Duggan! All timers have been advanced, thanks! I'm guessing it's overloaded but this is the 1st time in like 5 months this has happened. I have a dehumidifier that pretty much runs 24/7 because the garage is not insulated well and when it cycles on you can tell it draws a lot, that has been turned off and I am considering moving the veg cab inside to a different circuit.

Now I need specific brand recommendations on a camera I could put in there and monitor remotely, something secure and that would plug in so it wouldn't need to be charged and also I am not an electrician so would not be able to hard wire it or get an electrician, I have a friend but would not want him knowing about my grow. You guys and gals are the only ones that know....

Morning again Ween, it was prolly your dehuyey when it starts up the inrush current from the motor pushed the amps far too high for the breaker to handle it. This could mean two things...the de huey motor is starting to fail, the breaker is getting weak (prolly not since it rarely trips) or your just too close to max. amperage draw for that circuit. In any case add up the amps and try to give yourself a little leeway with the max. of 13 amps. Ya , it's a 15 A breaker but it's supposed to be at 13 A max. for a circuit...NOT 15 OK. maximum is 85% of rated current, which is 13. something Cheers bud....any Q's. fire away my brotha!:high-five:

Thanks Brotha man! So im gonna be forced to make a major change because I will be away and realized my router is not close enough to the garage so will need to move the router closer, will try first but probably will still not work or move the tent closer to the router which is what I will probably wind up doing. This would put my tent on a whole new breaker which was considering doing when it got cold anyways. Will keep you updated and will ask questions, wish I didn't have to ask so many. Thanks!

Thanks Brotha man! So im gonna be forced to make a major change because I will be away and realized my router is not close enough to the garage so will need to move the router closer, will try first but probably will still not work or move the tent closer to the router which is what I will probably wind up doing. This would put my tent on a whole new breaker which was considering doing when it got cold anyways. Will keep you updated and will ask questions, wish I didn't have to ask so many. Thanks!

Ween...don't worry about asking a lot of Q's.....if you have to , to get something right..then ask away! We don't care...we just wanna see ya with everything OK! Got it! Cheers my brotha!:high-five:

10-4 good buddy! Im not shy, I spent a lot of time and money on this hobby and am doing my best to make it a successful venture. My GF, the main benefactor also appreciates all of the help everyone is giving me. I try to help other newbies as I can and hope I can contribute more in the future.

I'm not sure how your garage is configured but I try to plug half of my stuff on one circuit and the other half on another circuit. I'm lucky to have 20 amp rooms so I have a little more room to play than you do at 15 but the method works just the same. Cheers ween

You can by a cheap router and load open source firmware on it and turn it into a repeater. I've done this many times. I'm actually using my next door neighbors internet (with permission) with my router repeating their signal. Works awesome. You can find older routers on the bay for less than $20.

All wireless, no need to run cat5.

You can by a cheap router and load open source firmware on it and turn it into a repeater. I've done this many times. I'm actually using my next door neighbors internet (with permission) with my router repeating their signal. Works awesome. You can find older routers on the bay for less than $20.

All wireless, no need to run cat5.

Hey mason, Ween,..you catchin this ....mason, you sound pretty good at that sort of thing....Ween, sounds like he's got a great solution for ya bud...man i'm pissin :rofl:...a repeater...i can dig it!!

Mason , if it's cool , can i ask you Q's. about that stuff. I love this place....cheers you guys!:thumb::high-five:

Hey mason, Ween,..you catchin this ....mason, you sound pretty good at that sort of thing....Ween, sounds like he's got a great solution for ya bud...man i'm pissin :rofl:...a repeater...i can dig it!!

Mason , if it's cool , can i ask you Q's. about that stuff. I love this place....cheers you guys!:thumb::high-five:

Sure... Would love to help.

I'm curious too. I have extra routers lying around including a brand new t mobile personal cell spot.

Can you give the basics of how to or should I do an Internet search?

It's a HUGE learning curve if you try to teach yourself. That's how I did it. Hours and hours turned into days of studying and reading.

But, you have me. I could get ya up and running in a half hour.

The firmware is DD-WRT just google that. Should show up first in the results.

As far as the extra routers, I would need the make/model/version to see if it is compatible with the firmware.

You can PM me

Back
Top Bottom