Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

re: Another Brix In The Wall - Sweet Pink Stink & Girl Scout

So 2 of the 4 veg plants are wilting/droopy, one is in a #3 and one is in a #2. Odd that the other 2 aren't droopy yet. Clones need 5 or 6 days to dry out. The 4 bigger veg plants got fed 1/2 strength nutes 6 days ago and they were top dressed with DBHBB and moistened 4 days ago. I'm assuming no more nutes for them and to follow the kit instructions, correct? With that said, I was thinking growth energy drench but wanted to confirm and ask if I should wait until other 2 are droopy, thinking I should not wait and also wondering how to mix for 2 plants, the directions say, Mix at 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz per 6 plants so assume divide by 3. I feel a little stupid asking but am not sure how much water I should be using with that 1/2 to 1 1/2 GE? I read the instructions but feel like I am missing something so any and all help is appreciated!

So 2 of the 4 veg plants are wilting/droopy, one is in a #3 and one is in a #2. Odd that the other 2 aren't droopy yet. Clones need 5 or 6 days to dry out. The 4 bigger veg plants got fed 1/2 strength nutes 6 days ago and they were top dressed with DBHBB and moistened 4 days ago. I'm assuming no more nutes for them and to follow the kit instructions, correct? With that said, I was thinking growth energy drench but wanted to confirm and ask if I should wait until other 2 are droopy, thinking I should not wait and also wondering how to mix for 2 plants, the directions say, Mix at 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz per 6 plants so assume divide by 3. I feel a little stupid asking but am not sure how much water I should be using with that 1/2 to 1 1/2 GE? I read the instructions but feel like I am missing something so any and all help is appreciated!

I'm confused.

Which plants are in which soil?

Are you trying to feed the organic plants or the High Brix plants? I have no idea what to say because I don't know what's going on.

Please list each plant and what soil they're in.

So I should up pot them into DBHBB when root bound even though they are currently in#3's and one in#2? i.e. 3&2 gallons of organic soil. And up pot into DBHBB even though they will be getting the bottled nutes or should I just wait until the next set of plants or use the clones which are in#1's with organic soil?

Sorry so many questions.

So I should up pot them into DBHBB when root bound even though they are currently in#3's and one in#2? i.e. 3&2 gallons of organic soil. And up pot into DBHBB even though they will be getting the bottled nutes or should I just wait until the next set of plants or use the clones which are in#1's with organic soil?

Sorry so many questions.

That's cool Ween, no worries bud, ask away OK. This is only what I would do OK! There are a few options you have . I'm assuming you have DBHBB soil ready to go,...get all your plants in the biggest pots you have , fill them with DBHBB soil and use the "kit" and follow directions as per them always being in it , with maybe one or two minor adjustments. This is ONLY what i would do. I would also get more soil ready asap for the clones. Cheers Ween.:Namaste::high-five:

Also , i recommend getting the kit stuff in bulk from now on..it's better , period!:)

That's cool Ween, no worries bud, ask away OK. This is only what I would do OK! There are a few options you have . I'm assuming you have DBHBB soil ready to go,...get all your plants in the biggest pots you have , fill them with DBHBB soil and use the "kit" and follow directions as per them always being in it , with maybe one or two minor adjustments. This is ONLY what i would do. I would also get more soil ready asap for the clones. Cheers Ween.:Namaste::high-five:

Also , i recommend getting the kit stuff in bulk from now on..it's better , period!:)

But don't I want the roots to develop before transplanting into the #10's?

But don't I want the roots to develop before transplanting into the #10's?

You can still have plenty of healthy roots bud...just water really good when they go in the big pots and don't water again until the soil is dry...do this a couple times over the first couple weeks of up potting them ...that will encourage the roots to grow .After a few weeks you can switch to bloom as they will be more than ready. Hope this helps bud! Cheers....Remember, this is just what I would do OK! :Namaste:

You can still have plenty of healthy roots bud...just water really good when they go in the big pots and don't water again until the soil is dry...do this a couple times over the first couple weeks of up potting them ...that will encourage the roots to grow .After a few weeks you can switch to bloom as they will be more than ready. Hope this helps bud! Cheers....Remember, this is just what I would do OK! :Namaste:

Thanks Duggs! Doc, would this meet your approval? Would any other brixxers do this?

My dang clones are very lanky with large spaces between nodes. I did not have a choice where to put them in the veg cage so they were probably too far from the light and not enough.

Good luck with MOTM Duggan! Up by 8 with less than a day to go....:high-five:

I sometimes get conflicting opinions too. I hate to take advice from one and not the other for fear of the other giving up on me.

I'm sure both ways would be fine, but one may be a little better than the other. I'm absence of conflict resolution, I'd follow your instincts. either way, when the plant eventually hooks up into kit soil, you'll be happy.

I sometimes get conflicting opinions too. I hate to take advice from one and not the other for fear of the other giving up on me.

I'm sure both ways would be fine, but one may be a little better than the other. I'm absence of conflict resolution, I'd follow your instincts. either way, when the plant eventually hooks up into kit soil, you'll be happy.

Thanks Masonman!

I know exactly what you mean and I hope Duggan won't give up on helping me because I asked for other opinions. I have a good feeling he won't. My instincts are telling me to wait a week or so before I up pot them but that's not to say I won't do it sooner.

Any tips on getting plants out of fabric pots or is it pretty much the same as plastic pots?

Thanks Masonman!

I know exactly what you mean and I hope Duggan won't give up on helping me because I asked for other opinions. I have a good feeling he won't. My instincts are telling me to wait a week or so before I up pot them but that's not to say I won't do it sooner.

Any tips on getting plants out of fabric pots or is it pretty much the same as plastic pots?

I don't use fabric pots, so I can't help you there. Grow some roots, then transplant.

Thanks Masonman!

I remove my plants from the fabric when transplanting. Some dont as roots will grow through them. But I tried it once and there was a bit of root growth in the inside of the smaller pot and not as much growth outside the smaller pot. When I remove and transplant I get roots evenly throughout.

So my method to remove a fabric pot differs depending on what size the pot is. For both methods I perform this with a plant that is dry to the point of needing watering. The soil shrinks so it is easier and a dry soil stays together better than a wet soil. They get roots powder in the new pot bottom where they will go and a transplant drench after. When I put the plant in the new pot I have a layer of soil waiting with the roots powder sprinkled on. The new bare soil plant goes in there and I loosely place new soil around it. I never press down on soil or compact it. I leave it very loose and if it sinks down I just add more. Eventually it is so full of roots the soil doesn't move. We get enough compaction with watering. Packing soil down on purpose is just adding to the eventual compaction. The fabric pots allow oxygen in. Keep the soil loose to help that oxygen move through the medium.

So to actually remove the pots this is what I do.
If it is just a 1 gallon pot I push the plant upwards by putting pressure just inside the outside edge while slipping the sides downward. Like if you tried to pull a sock off by putting your thumbs on your heel and using your other fingers to slip the sock downward.

If it is a larger pot like my 3 gallons what I do is place them on an overturned bucket just a hair smaller than the fabric pot. I find a 2.5 gallon paint bucket works great. The paint bucket acts like the thumbs on the heel and I use my hands to loosen the pot and pull the sides downwards.

Thanks Shiggity! I'm looking into the perfect sun 1000 mainly because of your endorsement. Waiting to hear back from Neil. I think that will take my grows up a bunch of notches along with Doc's Kit.

Back
Top Bottom