Beavis Does Blue Dream In High Brix Soil

Back in 97 I went to Amsterdam and met Mila the head of pollinator.nl

She invented bubble hash and I had read about it and also an automatic water hash maker they had fabricated.
When I reached the shop it was the most amazing place. There were tons of peyote cactus, DMT grasses, mushrooms you name it. She and some other people were hanging out around a 40 gallonish tub and someone was stirring the leeaves and ice inside with a 4' length of broomstick.

I actually bought bags then and there. I packed my sleeping bag inside them like they were a cover. I shouldn't have worried as no one really knew what bubble hash was in the US at that time.

I also asked to buy some hash from her and she pulled out bubble hash the size of a stick of butter. She cut off about a half inch and sold it to me for almost nothing. I spent all day in that shop just listening and learning.

Yes, i am very familiar with Mila and her work. When i started making BH we (two other friends and i) bought the Lawrence Cherniac 'Bubblelator ' washer and a set of 'Iceolator' bags. Unfortunately after about 50 runs in those bags , they started to fall apart, that's when i did the research on Mark, the 'Bubbleman' and found him to have a real passion for it and was an expert with many , many runs teaching growers how to make it properly. I soon went out and got his 8 bag , 5 gal. set of bags, at first i used all 8, then i figured out that having 5 grades of BH lying around was a little pointless , especially since there were really only two or three grades that i coveted, the 120, 73 and the 25, so i started to only use three collection bags , instead of 5 in the 8 bag set. It saved me a lot of time as , when i make my BH i always save up my trim so i can spend a few hours doinf a bunch of runs instead of just one or two. As long as a grower cleans and properly dries the bags before storage , they last many , many years...i proved that.My bags look almost new , except of course for the 220 bag...she's a lil rough but still 100% effective and reliable.Cheers gang....love this BH chatter.:thumb:

Yes, i am very familiar with Mila and her work. When i started making BH we (two other friends and i) bought the Lawrence Cherniac 'Bubblelator ' washer and a set of 'Iceolator' bags. Unfortunately after about 50 runs in those bags , they started to fall apart, that's when i did the research on Mark, the 'Bubbleman' and found him to have a real passion for it and was an expert with many , many runs teaching growers how to make it properly. I soon went out and got his 8 bag , 5 gal. set of bags, at first i used all 8, then i figured out that having 5 grades of BH lying around was a little pointless , especially since there were really only two or three grades that i coveted, the 120, 73 and the 25, so i started to only use three collection bags , instead of 5 in the 8 bag set. It saved me a lot of time as , when i make my BH i always save up my trim so i can spend a few hours doinf a bunch of runs instead of just one or two. As long as a grower cleans and properly dries the bags before storage , they last many , many years...i proved that.My bags look almost new , except of course for the 220 bag...she's a lil rough but still 100% effective and reliable.Cheers gang....love this BH chatter.:thumb:

I just got an 8 bag set from bubbleman that is the all mesh kind. I wanted to avoid those problems I have had with the coated canvas in the past. I plan on making bubble then pressing it in the rosin press.

That is an awesome story Shiggs! What a great experience! Duggs I have read both of your tutorials. I have made BH a few times but do not think I have ever ended up with full melt. I am sure it is due to longer mixing times than you would use. I wanted the washer to work but the damn leak kinda put a stop to its use. I will try making it with a dowel at some point when I have the time to dedicate to it. Thank you both!

That is an awesome story Shiggs! What a great experience! Duggs I have read both of your tutorials. I have made BH a few times but do not think I have ever ended up with full melt. I am sure it is due to longer mixing times than you would use. I wanted the washer to work but the damn leak kinda put a stop to its use. I will try making it with a dowel at some point when I have the time to dedicate to it. Thank you both!

Yeti, yes, there are a few factors that determine 'full melt' , and like you said mix time is very , very key , to getting high quality .My mix time with the mini washer is ALWAYS between 4-6 min's. ..that's it!!! Any longer and ya start to beat it up too much and more plant matter is introduced into the equation OK, as well as a lot of immature gland heads and trichome stalks (don't want these!) Also not all strains will give 'full melting' BH , just so ya know OK. I have made a lot that wasn't that way but was still extremely , extremely potent and , of course very tasty! Cheers eh!

I did 2 runs with cheap bags last year, didn't melt. Mostly my inexperience was problem, used the cheap washer to, it died after one use. I need to get the good bags, and read your guys tutorials. But I really want a press, maybe santa will bring me one this year lol. That and need some new glass to smoke too.

That was a cool story shiggs, thanks

Ya all the BH I have made has been high quality smoke though def a little green. I hope to make better in the future.

Pressing the rosin. I may just do a two or three bag collection as I will be pressing it all anyway.

Ya eh Shiggs,....ya might wanna press the 73 separate.... cuz it WILL be the best!:thumb:

Ya all the BH I have made has been high quality smoke though def a little green. I hope to make better in the future.
Hey Yeti, sorry bud, meant to comment on your 'green' BH. There are many reasons for this "green" hash. Three main ones though , first one....too long a mix...second .....poor quality trim,...and third is incorrect procedures. There are other reasons , like very poor quality 'imitation' bags, not enough ice , in the mix, or too violent a mix. All these things can , and will contribute to 'just OK' BH. With BH , the main thing is only mix for a short period ...with the mini washer. This is when the mature , large , ripe , gland heads break free first , so that's why 'full melt' is often achieved with a short , proper mix. Sure , you can mix it longer , or even twice with buds as a raw mat'l. but you first have to collect the BEST heads to achieve full melting hash. Not all strains will give you FMH either. This is very , very potent , as it is only made up of the gland HEADS and NOT the trichome stalk,...so all your getting is the absolute best , the plant has to offer you. Even better that the other great methods that use the entire trichome for the product. Know what i mean...? To me , and i know it's just my opinion, but good full melting hash is the best smoking product....that i have tried anyhow. I was actually addicted to it , and couldn';t even smoke a joint...just didn't have the effect i desired. Those were some strange times. cheers eh! Have an awesome day Yeti , Beaves and friends.:)

I watch the tour. Not a bike guy either, but it's the tour de france ffs. Just like I'm not into IRL, but watch the Indy 500 every year. It's a spectacle I won't usually miss.

Yeah I just enjoy sports and these guys are elite athletes. I like the pageantry and seeing the French countryside.

Hey guys, love all this bubble hash knowledge being shared. Good times. Can't wait to try some!

The blue dream is more smooth today...and man it packs a punch! :lot-o-toke:

Time to watch some Tour de France.

Hey Yeti, sorry bud, meant to comment on your 'green' BH. There are many reasons for this "green" hash. Three main ones though , first one....too long a mix...second .....poor quality trim,...and third is incorrect procedures. There are other reasons , like very poor quality 'imitation' bags, not enough ice , in the mix, or too violent a mix. All these things can , and will contribute to 'just OK' BH. With BH , the main thing is only mix for a short period ...with the mini washer. This is when the mature , large , ripe , gland heads break free first , so that's why 'full melt' is often achieved with a short , proper mix. Sure , you can mix it longer , or even twice with buds as a raw mat'l. but you first have to collect the BEST heads to achieve full melting hash. Not all strains will give you FMH either. This is very , very potent , as it is only made up of the gland HEADS and NOT the trichome stalk,...so all your getting is the absolute best , the plant has to offer you. Even better that the other great methods that use the entire trichome for the product. Know what i mean...? To me , and i know it's just my opinion, but good full melting hash is the best smoking product....that i have tried anyhow. I was actually addicted to it , and couldn';t even smoke a joint...just didn't have the effect i desired. Those were some strange times. cheers eh! Have an awesome day Yeti , Beaves and friends.:)
Ya it was definitely from over working the material. I have used either an electric kitchen mixer (hand held kind) or a paint mixer with a drill. I also would mixer for longer times than you suggest. All of the tutorials I had seen did it this way if they did not have a washer. I have made some pretty nice Bh just not quite full melt. :)
Hey guys, love all this bubble hash knowledge being shared. Good times. Can't wait to try some!

The blue dream is more smooth today...and man it packs a punch! :lot-o-toke:

Time to watch some Tour de France.
The Blue Dream is a pretty potent strain. I grew it out once and even though it ended up full of seeds it was a 2 or 3 hit and you are done type of smoke. I am sure you will only enjoy your harvest more as it cures :high-five:

Lance Armstrong won 7 Tours on drugs..I can barely peddle my bike when I'm high!?...LOLOOL...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Yeah that's the only thing I question...is whether or not these guys are doping still. It's always the dopers staying one step ahead of the testers with all the new technology and drugs.

The Blue Dream is a pretty potent strain. I grew it out once and even though it ended up full of seeds it was a 2 or 3 hit and you are done type of smoke. I am sure you will only enjoy your harvest more as it cures :high-five:

I hope it is as strong as yours. I just hope it'll last long enough to cure good. :lot-o-toke:

Yeah that's the only thing I question...is whether or not these guys are doping still. It's always the dopers staying one step ahead of the testers with all the new technology and drugs.

I hope it is as strong as yours. I just hope it'll last long enough to cure good. :lot-o-toke:
I am sure it will be just as good, if it does not wreck you in three hits then it is just because of your extremely high tolerance :laughtwo:. You will get enough of a cure on it before it is gone I am sure. maybe not a 6 month cure but a couple month cure anyways :)

I am sure it will be just as good, if it does not wreck you in three hits then it is just because of your extremely high tolerance :laughtwo:. You will get enough of a cure on it before it is gone I am sure. maybe not a 6 month cure but a couple month cure anyways :)

It's doing a pretty good job of wrecking me. Last two nights I've come home, hit the blue dream and snoozed off for 30 mins or so in my chair. Dang. Just packing a punch on ole Beav!

Back
Top Bottom