Beavis Does Blue Dream In High Brix Soil

I've done with and without Bovedas and I use them in all my jars now unless I have too many jars...lol. If not, I make sure I use those jars first. Although I don't put them in the jars until they've stabilized for a week or so.

Very proud of ya Beav. Top notch first run. Beats my first grow in '93 by a mile

Thanks Shiggs...I appreciate all your help and guidance along the way! 93? Dang you're old. :laughtwo:

Congratulations on your 5.6 zip harvest !
More than twice my 2.6 zip harvest jarred up today :)

Thanks Rad, I'm very happy and excited!

Time to enjoy it now....

Yes sir, I plan on doing just that!!!

Morning Beavis.......................:partyboy: What time is the tasting party? Ole Rooster 1 on the prowl this A.M.

Rooster makin the rounds at the wee hours again!?! Come on over any time Rooster, the porch light is always on for you!

Very nice haul :thumb: Put the trim in the freezer, it's the best way to have your bubble come easily :passitleft:

Yes sir, got it all stashed away in the freezer in a paper grocery bag just a few minutes after the initial trim.

Mornin Beaves...."riled up" ...who me...Nahh!...LMFAO...what's all that stuff in the jars...BAHH!....:rofl:
Beaves , you have done one helluva great job with your BD there. You should feel very stoked as I know you do!
5.6 zips from your very first 'kit' grow with one plant...FFS's bud,..that's pretty cool , i'de say!
Like Buck said ,time to enjoy it some. let us all know how ya like it Beaves...is it as good as you had hoped , taste , effect ...etc..?
Yes, and like Conrad just mentioned ...everyone should listen up ....whenever you save 'trim' for making Bubblehash, it's best to use fresh , frozen trim, so get it in the freezer asap until ya need it, then before you process it for the bags , chop it up like a salad while it's still frozen , but NOT too fine OK. This will prevent the larger leaves and trim from folding over on itself stopping glands from breaking free...got it. When you finally get ready for that first BH run with your new bags , please make sure to get a hold of me before you start. I can give you some cool little tips and tricks to achieve the BEST possible BH (full melting) from your coveted trim OK! Cheers and good on ya Beaves...a job extremely well done.:bravo::cheer::Namaste::high-five::goodjob:

Yep got the trim ready to go. Will order the BubbleNow washer at the end of the month, then we'll be ready to make BH! I'll be CERTAIN to reach out before I get started.

I think the smoke is still pretty green. I honestly haven't sampled much at all on purpose. I want to cure it up all good and enjoy it when it's ready and at its best. I got super high off the 2 little buds I did sample. Very much a head buzz and hit you right in the nose and between the eyes...sorta that pucker, cross eyed feel. lol Zero flavor yet and honestly tasted a little like grass or hay.....so I think it's still green and needs curing. Tons and tons of sugar on this bud. Should be fun to make the bubble hash. I'm going to try my best to avoid sampling it and let it cure for a week or two.

This is a great tip that I only learned after about 10 runs...lol

You want a course chop though, like Duggs said. Not a julienne or chiffonade. :cool:

That chop description helps Gov! lol The hell is chiffonade anyway. Sounds all fancy Gov.

Hey Beav! Congrats again on a mighty fine harvest! Looks yummy. My past 2 harvests, I went with no boveda packs, per Duggan and am very happy with how they're curing.

Rock on!

:theband:

I've done with and without Bovedas and I use them in all my jars now unless I have too many jars...lol. If not, I make sure I use those jars first. Although I don't put them in the jars until they've stabilized for a week or so.

I've been getting better cure when I jar a little moist, burping a few times daily, then the bovedas makes it easy. If I waited till limbs snapped, just seemed too dry in the end.

Yes Buck....very good point sir! IF YA wait till they snap...there won't be enough moisture in the buds for any cure to take place. I always use the same way.....if you can roll a J and it smokes without going out every 5 sec. But still feels a lil moist...thats the ticket!

Yep. My stems usually just bend, but many of the buds will snap off when de-stemming. I never wait until the stems snap to de-stem and jar it up.

LOL I took that last pic and put the Bovedas in there all up front and center so Duggan would see hoping it'd get him riled up. hahahah, I pulled em out right after the pic.

I hope I didn't wait too long. The stems didn't snap but would bend over. I thought about harvesting it the night before I did. We'll see. Is what it is at this point and I can't change anything so no sense in worrying about it.

TGIF! :surf:

You did it right..don't worry....the taste will come. It will get better over the next few weeks,...but keep in mind Beaves, curing takes a while , and you can't rush it. It takes a lot longer than a couple weeks OK,..more like a couple months...just so ya know. Glad your gonna get the mini washer/'Bubblenow' machine too...saves a lot of fartin around and makes all the runs consistent...providing your mix/wash time is the same...more on that later Ok. Have a great weekend Beaves.....enjoy that BD...smoke some of it for pete's sake man...don't wait ..wattsa matta with ya!!:)

Hey Duggan, Beav! I just got my bubble bags, set of 4 so will be looking out for posts on the process. A couple questions right off the bat, should I get one of these mini washers and should I start saving leaves now, I.e. As I clip a few from my budding plants? Not a lot of room in my freezer so is it ok to compress them before I put them in?

Hey Duggan, Beav! I just got my bubble bags, set of 4 so will be looking out for posts on the process. A couple questions right off the bat, should I get one of these mini washers and should I start saving leaves now, I.e. As I clip a few from my budding plants? Not a lot of room in my freezer so is it ok to compress them before I put them in?

Hey ween I think I can answer most of that based on what Duggs has told me. Yes the mini washers are super helpful. go to Fresh Headies and look up the BubbleNow machine. They are out of stock but it's supposed to come in by the end of this month.

Yes start saving leaves now. You can just save them in the freezer and do a big BH run. It takes a lot of trim to get a wee bit of BH so the more trim you have the more BH you can make. Yes save trim from clippings from plant if they have trichs on them. Yes you can compress them in the freezer.

You did it right..don't worry....the taste will come. It will get better over the next few weeks,...but keep in mind Beaves, curing takes a while , and you can't rush it. It takes a lot longer than a couple weeks OK,..more like a couple months...just so ya know. Glad your gonna get the mini washer/'Bubblenow' machine too...saves a lot of fartin around and makes all the runs consistent...providing your mix/wash time is the same...more on that later Ok. Have a great weekend Beaves.....enjoy that BD...smoke some of it for pete's sake man...don't wait ..wattsa matta with ya!!:)

well I think I'll just have to sample some right now, then watch a little Tour de France. I'm not a big bike guy but I like watching the tour. Anyone else?

Hey ween I think I can answer most of that based on what Duggs has told me. Yes the mini washers are super helpful. go to Fresh Headies and look up the BubbleNow machine. They are out of stock but it's supposed to come in by the end of this month.

Yes start saving leaves now. You can just save them in the freezer and do a big BH run. It takes a lot of trim to get a wee bit of BH so the more trim you have the more BH you can make. Yes save trim from clippings from plant if they have trichs on them. Yes you can compress them in the freezer.

Excellent, thanks Beav!

I watch the tour. Not a bike guy either, but it's the tour de france ffs. Just like I'm not into IRL, but watch the Indy 500 every year. It's a spectacle I won't usually miss.

Top of the mornin to ya Beaves , Ween, Gov, and friends! Hey Ween , yes , Beaves is correct bud. It's OK to compress the trim a little to get it in the freezer...FFS's...wish i had that problem of no room in my freezer. I got two boys that like to empty mine with regularity..LOL!
Ween, if ya don't wanna wait untill the BN machine is back in stock, i can show you how to mix properly without it, using a cut off broom handle, or similar. Let me know OK. Cheers gang!

Top of the mornin to ya Beaves , Ween, Gov, and friends! Hey Ween , yes , Beaves is correct bud. It's OK to compress the trim a little to get it in the freezer...FFS's...wish i had that problem of no room in my freezer. I got two boys that like to empty mine with regularity..LOL!
Ween, if ya don't wanna wait untill the BN machine is back in stock, i can show you how to mix properly without it, using a cut off broom handle, or similar. Let me know OK. Cheers gang!
Lets see your broomstick method Duggs. I bought a cheap little washer off the zon and only used it once due to it leaking from the bottom. I wasnt worried about cleaning the water so much as I was about losing gland heads in it.

Back in 97 I went to Amsterdam and met Mila the head of pollinator.nl

She invented bubble hash and I had read about it and also an automatic water hash maker they had fabricated.
When I reached the shop it was the most amazing place. There were tons of peyote cactus, DMT grasses, mushrooms you name it. She and some other people were hanging out around a 40 gallonish tub and someone was stirring the leeaves and ice inside with a 4' length of broomstick.

I actually bought bags then and there. I packed my sleeping bag inside them like they were a cover. I shouldn't have worried as no one really knew what bubble hash was in the US at that time.

I also asked to buy some hash from her and she pulled out bubble hash the size of a stick of butter. She cut off about a half inch and sold it to me for almost nothing. I spent all day in that shop just listening and learning.

Lets see your broomstick method Duggs. I bought a cheap little washer off the zon and only used it once due to it leaking from the bottom. I wasnt worried about cleaning the water so much as I was about losing gland heads in it.

Congratulations Beavis on the 5+zip haul! Freaking Awesome!

I'm gonna watch you guys with the bubble hash part. I always used a plaster mixer to agitate, but this machine sound so much easier.

Great morning to ya's Yeti and DL. yes , the machine is def. the way to go ...trust me. I could go on ..and on..and on about BH...it's my passion too! Hundreds of runs thru my bags using the mini washer and also by hand with a short pc. of 1inch dia wooded dowel. (works awesome) Line the 5 gal pale with your bags , starting with the 25, then the 73, then the 120, then the 160, and finally the 'work bag ...the 220. After ya got it half full of water and lots of ice (more on this later ), add your trim ,..about 2-4 zips worth OK,..couple big handfulls. Top up the pale with more water if ya have too OK. Make the water /ice level in the pales pretty close to the top , but not close enough that youl get splashes all over the place. Then start to stir with the broom handle/dowel, etc. Mix it all up really good , back and forth , forth and back , rubbing the edges really good as you mix it up . Don't push the stick down and hurt the bag OK. Mix it really good with all the ice knocking off the gland heads off for about 15-20 min's....that's all..no longer OK...ya don't wanna beat it to death , got it....just a gentle but purposeful mix...know what i mean? Then let it settle for a few min's. remove and clean out the 220 /work bag...continuing with the other bags. Remember to rinse the bags very good with cold water from the sink to wash away any remaining resin...now after you clean each bag one atta time while harvesting the BH. For a more detailed description of the process , i suggest one of my two tutorials on it . Please, if you have ANY questions ,...ask OK. Lots to figure out..lots of lil tips and tricks to get the very best 'full melting' hash. A pc. of my 73 micron....the size of a grain of rice..is all it takes , even for a seasoned puffer...yeepa , yeepa! cheers gang!:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom