Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Okay, I've been busy today. (I need a personal assistant. LOL)

I have the new housing done for the Budmaster XG light panels. The old one was too small and the panels were too close together.
Now, instead of a couple inches max in between panels, I have about 4 1/2" . That will give me much better use of the light footprints by allowing it to spread out more instead of mixing with each other.

I used an old box fan for the frame. It was extremely easy to take apart and the fan can be hung anywhere I need it without even needing the housing. Yey! This fan had plastic grates instead of the metal ones, so that wasn't going to work with heat and weight.
I tried an old refrigerator grate, but it added too much weight to the overall unit.
I decided on the small cake cooling racks from the dollar store. I wired them together and then wired them to the frame. Cut out sections to place the light panels in and wired it all in place. It's good and secure.

For the fans and power units I had two small mini fridge racks from one that's heading for the dump. I wired those in place and secured them to the support bars in the frame that held the fan motor.
I'm going to add two more large computer fans this week when I can get out to pick them up. Then each panel will have it's own fan.

I found a roll of 4" light aluminum flashing in the garage, I might build a top for the unit. It won't add much weight at all. Right now I'm thinking I don't really need to.

Here's what I ended up with:

LED_111.jpg

LED_10.jpg

LED_9.jpg

I also re-wired to eliminate one of the two power cords, I don't need two of them. Then I got brave and added an on/off toggle switch. :)

LED_121.jpg

This should make full use of those lights now.

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Outstanding DIY Sista, :love: It's to bad you have to work for a living. Just think what you could do with 40 more hours in your garden. :thedoubletake::adore:

Darnit Partner, I need a few cans of that to take to work with me tomorrow!

Last update for the day. The topped part of the White Widow Femised has rooted. :partyboy: I guess this can be called a clone.
Indeed a clone.

Outstanding DIY Sista, :love: It's to bad you have to work for a living. Just think what you could do with 40 more hours in your garden. :thedoubletake::adore:

Geez brother dear....If I had 40 more hours in my garden I'd be dangerous. :laughtwo:

Darnit Partner, I need a few cans of that to take to work with me tomorrow!

Indeed a clone.

If you can't find any partner, take a can of room spray and make your own label....I used to do that for my son when he feared "Monsters and Goblins" under the bed. I made a label that said "Kill-A-Goblin" and one for "Kill-A-Monster". Sprayed it under the bed before he went to sleep. Worked quite well. :loopy:

Okay, now just to be sure I play fair ball with comparing these two plants. I took some pics after the main trim. They will get chopped down tomorrow morning (hopefully) to get going on cure.
I thought at first that Budmaster LED plant's buds looked a bit airy, but they are dense. It's going to be interesting on the final weight for sure.
The Mars Hydro girl is certainly shorter in size and has a few less buds than the other. They both have their fair share of popcorn buds. I have to keep remembering these are Auto's. :)

Compare_24.jpg

compare_26.jpg

compare_25.jpg

Haven't even been to work an hr yet Partner and already need a can of Bullshit Repellent!

Dang Partner! I should package up my own and start selling..... LOL

Here's some results on the harvests of Purple Cheese. The Budmaster XG plant put out 2 oz. more of wet weight buds. I tried to get a pic of the scale results, hopefully they will be viewable. The buds are on food dehydrator racks to weigh them.

purp_weight_5.jpg

purp_weight_2.jpg

Purp_weight_1.jpg

purp_weight_4.jpg

purp_weight_3.jpg

I will let you all decide for yourselves on what you think the best performance was. There was a LOT more popcorn bud on the Budmaster plant but it came with much better weight of the buds and quantity, but I am not unhappy with the results of either one of them considering these are Auto flowering plants.

Either way, both lights are headed for the garage grow on photoperiod plants and I'm sure they will do great for me!

Congrats on the two Purple Cheeses. Can't wait for the garage grow.

Please stay tuned for the next edition of Auto Chop Week, already in progress......

Buddha_Cash_Crop.jpg

I think that's all of them now....I'll have to check all the rooms of the house. ;-)

I'm probably not going to grow any more Auto plants, maybe use up whatever seeds I have left. I did these because I needed a quicker harvest, now that I have some bud to work with I'll be sticking with photoperiod feminised seeds for bigger yields. (I hope)

When I first started growing I was going to go hydro and changed my mind. I already had the hydro planter tubs made except for the drain hole on the bottom sides.

worm_bin.jpg

These will be my new worm bins for the worm farm during the winter grow where I will get a good tea and worm castings. I won't have to drill but maybe a couple of holes in the upper sides because the top has plenty of air getting in with those mesh planter cups.

I found a very easy instructional online and posted it to the blog, if anyone wants to read it:

Worm Castings - home worm farm bin - worm casting tea - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

I will harvest the worms from outside when I'm ready to put them indoors.

Ohhhhh.....this Cash Crop plant....oh my!

I said I wasn't going to grow any more autos for awhile, I may eat my words on that. There is so much sugar on the leaves that I'm only cutting the very tips off.
I'm going to have some helacious cannabutter with the trim, that's for sure.
Only half way through it and have had to scrape my scissors off twice. LOL
I'll have pictures today, IF I get it done before heading for work.

Yeah, I will probably order some more of those seeds and grow one or two in the house during the fall/winter.

:circle-of-love:

Cash Crop was grown under the Budmaster XG light unit and it did a FABULOUS job. Here's the results, and I couldn't be happier with how sticky and heavy these buds are. I wound up with 7.45 oz. wet weight. Even the popcorn buds were loaded with resin.
This is going to make some right fine RSO. :yahoo:

cash_c_6.jpg

cash_c_5.jpg

cash_c_4.jpg

cash_c_3.jpg

cash_c_2.jpg

cash_c_1.jpg

This is the chopping station I set up this morning, in the garage grow room with music and lovely growing plants to look at. :)

cash_c_7.jpg

You're just rolling them in like a well oiled machine Partner, Congrats again.

Back
Top Bottom