Canuk Seeds: GDB Just Canuking Around

I'll squidge in between you both! :passitleft: I agree, looking forward! :popcorn:
If there is to be any squidging in the grow room I must be invited to join in! :)

Hello all.

I had tails on all my seeds this morning, having sorta' forgotten I was soaking them. They stayed in the water for slightly more than 48 hours before the light bulb came on reminding me they were there. Luckily, they still looked viable.

I buried them in solo cups this morning. I tried a new method with this bury. Nothing radical, just different from the way I usually do it.

I usually just fill a solo cup with soil, poke a hole in the top with a Sharpie pen, drop the seed in and cover it up. But I've been getting a few of helmet heads lately so I wanted to try a new approach. Something that would ensure that the seeds were all inserted at the same depth and with the tap roots pointing down.

This time I filled the solos to about 4/5ths full with Lush soil. Then I placed each seed on top, ensuring that the tap root was pointing down. Then I covered the seed with Coast of Maine Organic Starter and watered lightly.

Since there is nothing more exciting that viewing a pic of 3 solo cups full of soil, here you go:
Canuk bury 10-11-23.jpg

Those 2 cups in the back contain clones that I took from my Forbidden Fruit plant (in another grow).

I cut them when she was about 35 days into flower and just stuck them in a solo cup with distilled water. They've sat on a sunny window sill for about a month, pushing out roots.
FF clone roots.jpg

I figured since I was about to turn on the light in the 2x2 I may as well see if I can get them to reveg.

This is more of a curiosity project than an actual grow attempt. I'm not even sure I'll grow them if they do reveg (but I might!).

I gave them a small dose of Strive Nutrients when I put them in the solos. This is my first time using this line of nutrients and I'm reluctant to talk too much about them since they're not a sponsor. But, hell, I have to mention them sometimes.:)

I was surprised when I opened their bags and saw that both Parts A & B are pure white.
Strive nutes - pure white.jpg

These are my dog-days. I really don't do well waiting for buried seeds to emerge from soil. I'll be exceptionally zooted for the next few days! :ganjamon:

--------------------

As always, thanks for your visit.

PEACE

While we :nomo: for the seeds to sprout, :goodjob: on getting those flowering cuttings to root on the windowsill!

Interesting new planting method. Is that a lazier method than just pushing the sharpie a little further in?
My issue with the Sharpie method was that I was dropping the seed in the hole using tweezers and was not always certain that they landed with the tap root pointing down. And I could never confirm by looking in the hole because of my bad division. This way gives me certainty. Plus, using the same exact same amount of the Starter soil on the top of each cup ensures that they all get buried at the same depth!

The Lazy-Meter doesn't squawk about little things like this. He saves his chirping for more substantial, long-term commitments! :)

Hey GDB. I hope you don’t mind me sitting in on this one too.
You're more than welcome Boohdahlovah, as long as you've got some time to spare (see below). :)

Hello all.

Well the "smart" guy (me) has struck again and he's just as dumb as ever! :)

My new approach to burying my seeds has been an abject failure. Not one of the 3 seeds has surfaced after being buried in soil for the past 8 days!

I went digging in the cups with a toothpick today and found the seeds in varying forms of "you screwed up."

First and foremost, I planted them too deep. Its possible that that was the only problem. I have know way of knowing.

I've got 2 more of each seed and I'm going to send them all swimming today. And I'm going to bury them as I always have, even if that means I might get helmet-heads.

I can't be too upset about this. I listened this morning as it was reported that injured folks in Gaza are now being operated on sans anesthesia because they've run out. The only water Gazans have to drink is making them sick. And several hospitals have exhausted their electrical power sources. Sheesh! Friggin' weed seeds that won't emerge from the soil is such a trifle.:confused:

Hang in there with me. I'll get something going soon (hopefully)!

Hello all.

My new approach to burying my seeds has been an abject failure. Not one of the 3 seeds has surfaced after being buried in soil for the past 8 days!

I went digging in the cups with a toothpick today and found the seeds in varying forms of "you screwed up."
:(
First and foremost, I planted them too deep. Its possible that that was the only problem. I have know way of knowing.

I've got 2 more of each seed and I'm going to send them all swimming today. And I'm going to bury them as I always have, even if that means I might get helmet-heads.
I can't be too upset about this. I listened this morning as it was reported that injured folks in Gaza are now being operated on sans anesthesia because they've run out. The only water Gazans have to drink is making them sick. And several hospitals have exhausted their electrical power sources.
It's catastrophic, the scale of the human tragedy that began on 7th October, what is happening now, and what will come next. It breaks my brain.
Sheesh! Friggin' weed seeds that won't emerge from the soil is such a trifle.:confused:

Hang in there with me. I'll get something going soon (hopefully)!
You've got this GDB :thumb:

Hello all.

Try burying them just a tiny bit deeper.
I can't be too upset about this. I listened this morning as it was reported that injured folks in Gaza are now being operated on sans anesthesia because they've run out. The only water Gazans have to drink is making them sick. And several hospitals have exhausted their electrical power sources.
It’s a terrible situation. I used to clean for a WW2 veteran, and he told me while the UN had the right idea at the time after the war, wanting to make it up to the Jewish people after the crimes against humanity they suffered as the world stood silent for so long, he said you can’t make a synagogue from someone else’s mosque and expect peace to follow.

It’s a complex situation. So complex. Taking sides is not the answer, that I know. I don’t have the answers, I’m an atheist. I don’t believe any of it. All I know is when humans suffer, we all suffer. As we should.
Sheesh! Friggin' weed seeds that won't emerge from the soil is such a trifle.:confused:
Made me lol.

I was dropping the seed in the hole using tweezers and was not always certain that they landed with the tap root pointing down.
I consider myself lucky if they land on their side- figuring things can go either way from there...
Not one of the 3 seeds has surfaced after being buried in soil for the past 8 days!
That sounded like a great idea to me, I'm really surprised it didn't work..🤔

....Yeah, our first-world problems seem pretty trivial with everything else going on in the world...

Highya GDB,

I don't mind the helmet head. Gives me a chance to see if I can remove it without damage (steady hands). I've won and lost that battle! At least it's above ground! First, I drop drops of water onto helmet several times the first day. I've seen that work, some. Next day I use two tweezers, one for each hand, and a good light. We do the best we can!! Happy Smokin'

Good morning all.

I put my remaining Canuk seeds into wet paper towels last night. I had soaked all six seeds for 24 hours. None had popped so into the towels they went. They're under the red plate.

2nd Canuk germ 10-21-23.jpg

I now realize that the first 3 seeds I dropped never had a chance, once again, due to the perils of toking and growing! When I planted those seeds I laid them on top of Lush soil and then covered them with Organic Seedling Starter soil. BUT, the Lush soil is much too hot for a new-born so they were doomed from the outset. I knew the Lush was too hot so why did I do that? I suspect it was related to toking while growing. :straightface:

--------------------------

In the solo cups are monster-cropped clones from a Forbidden Fruit plant I've got going in another grow. They were cut when the FF was 30+ days into flower and have been in soil since Oct. 11.

Since they haven't died I assume they're working their way back to a veg state. (This is my first time trying monster-cropping.)

That's all I've got.

You all have a nice weekend.

PEACE

I now realize that the first 3 seeds I dropped never had a chance, once again, due to the perils of toking and growing!
Shit happens- it just seems to happen to zooted folks a little more often...🥴
I had soaked all six seeds for 24 hours. None had popped
I'm thinking it may not be you, zooted or not..that batch of seeds may have a problem- maybe they got too hot or too cold in shipping, or something like that...seems like at least one should of stuck it's little tongue out from a 24 hour soak... 🤔

You're not the only one GDB, I have had seeds in paper towel for four and three days respectively and neither have sprouted. My Chocolope from a different source has already pushed its head up through the dirt.

You're not the only one GDB, I have had seeds in paper towel for four and three days respectively and neither have sprouted. My Chocolope from a different source has already pushed its head up through the dirt.
If I have some that don't respond i drop them in shotglass of water with the 2% H2O2 and check them daily for the root tail to poke out then I transplant to dirt leaving seed visible but oriented correctly.
Dont dispose of any seeds until you try this 🙂

Back
Top Bottom