Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Hey has anyone tried to reverse a plant with CS using a soil drench instead of spraying?

I'm thinking of reversing a branch of one of my Panama x Malawis because I didn't really want to take clones off them. Just flipped and since they're all up in a net I'm thinking it would be a lot more convenient to avoid contamination and to turn the whole plant if I could soil drench versus trying to isolate the one branch.

You can't wash dried produce - you'll lose trichs. :straightface:

I've washed seeded buds before, and most of the seeds will remain intact in the buds because the calyxes are still fresh and pliable. Any that fall out usually float to the top and can be easily picked out of the water.

Perfect Gray! Just what I was looking for. I don't mind plucking out some floaters lol.

Took a peek last night and wow! the blackberry kush auto is loaded with seeds poking out. :) Its a very tiny plant with not much for colas so I just hope that the other plants have some seeds hidden in their much bigger colas.
Congrats Canad! That's gotta feel good!

Update on my 2 plants being sprayed. We have pollen :slide:

This is Mazar. The arrows show how the pollen sacs have opened and display the nanners inside. When I see this I take them off and collect the pollen. Most times when I touch them they spill the pollen everywhere. Mazar is more stubborn or maybe just needs a couple more days.
IMG_656912.jpg

IMG_656717.jpg
IMG_656815.jpg

I just lightly pinch the nanners and roll between my fingers and the pollen spills out.
IMG_656613.jpg

And here is Lani. She had no problems opening on her own with the slightest touch on sacs that were open.
IMG_656016.jpg
IMG_656113.jpg

My next round I'm going to try spraying a total of 7 times. Once in the morning every other day for the first 14 days of flower.

:thanks::thanks:
That's a beautiful reversal!!! :goodjob::high-five:

So I managed to pick the brain of a real Botanist from Evergreen College the other day on my walk. She agreed with my micro-treatments but said I was doing one thing wrong with CS. The treatments should occur once about every two weeks and a third should be added. It seems we were correct on the silver particles and CS can only embed so much. What happens is the plant tissue basically grows around it and begins to function normally. She recommends adding a treatment while the male flowers are developed but not open. This is why sometimes the reversed male flowers are sterile. The female took over before it had a chance to develop fully. It will still go through the mechanics but shoot blanks. This coming coming from a rather attractive lady was quite interesting to say the least :laughtwo: This is definitely a condensed version of the discussion. ;)
STS uses thiosulfate as a carrier and stimulant which changes how the plant tissue reacts to it but she recommended a late treatment even with that.
:Namaste:

Should I dry the pollen sacs before collecting the polllen??
You can but it's not necessary. Never tried it myself but I think if you waited a few days for the nanners to dry out some you may get more pollen since it would less likely stick on to the moist nanners. Might be a good idea to go this route if your trying to produce a ton of seeds. Me personally I only need a few pollen sacs and I'm good.

So 4 of the 5 seeded plants come down tomorrow. The last one was started later and will finish up in 3 or so weeks.

I can now say that all 5 plants have seeds and the STS treatments worked like a charm.

Thank you all for the help.

P.S. Hey Zig! check out my journal I posted something that should interest you :)

These represent the majority of my recent seed project. I reversed a great specimen of Rare Dankness' 501st OG and made some S1's.

501st_beans.jpg

I still have the chaff/buds I did the initial separation with and will go through them again sometime soon. I suspect I extracted well over 90% of the available seeds and only had a few undeveloped pods to toss. These seeds came from about 5 buds total that were on 2 lower branches.

I currently have 2 rounds of clones going, but will crack a few of these in a couple weeks to test/verify their viability. I'm pleased and satisfied with the results, and if they produce anything close to the target they will be a great addition to my genetics library.

Forgive me for not backreading the whole thread. I certainly will as this is something that really interests me and I know very little about. I have a quick question.
Can I use colloidal silver on a non feminized autoflower female to created feminized autoflower seeds? or will I possibly lose the autoflowering trait?

Went through 2 of the 4 crosses today. Way more seeds than I could of expected!

Sour Puss x Chemdawg (Sour Chemdawg) and Sour Puss x Blackberry Kush (Sourberry Kush)
20171031_181330.jpg

Wow! Im happy that you got more than expected and that your project was a success!!! woo hoo!!

I like the names too :)

ok so my first seed experiment was a success so here is my black domina x with male hindu kush pollen and also brians choice x with male hindu kush pollen

20171110_093720.jpg
20171110_093702.jpg

20171110_094431.jpg
20171110_094446.jpg

i got like maybe 20 or so seeds of each i did how ever get alot that didnt darken up or ones that did but crumbled when i put alil presure on them these were the solid ones that didnt crack at all on me

I had another disappointing failure last grow.

Loads of pods and not a seed to be found. I never saw any pollen either.

Me too... tons of pods... no pollen...

I did find like maybe 5 total seeds on 2 different plants so I may have gotten a trickle of pollen out.. but overall disappointed in my last attempt. I even left the reversed male plant in with the females the whole flower cycle, shaking it daily and even picking off clusters of pollen sacks and grinding them in my fingers over the females...

I think I am spraying CS too long into flowering so next attempt I will spray 2x a day for 1st week, 1x a day for 2nd week and no more spraying after day 15. I will see if that works :)

Back
Top Bottom