Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

yep, when you think of a fertile, healthy soil, make sure you're not thinking of compost and bat guano....but instead are thinking about calcium and minerals. Microbial action is severely inhibited when organic matter gets above 8%.

The main thing is the correct ratio of P/K, Ca/P, Ca/Mg and making sure trace elements are present in trace amounts. That can't be done via guestimation, especially when it comes to potassium.

All strains look and grow just beautifully in the kit, but some strains really shine when it comes to terp magic.....and these tend to be simple crosses from non-complicated parents and definitely the landrace/IBL strains.

The strains that don't perform as well are the Chemdog progeny, although even those do well once you get 'em dialed in. I personally don't grow many of them because they just aren't as good as the landrace or simple crosses.

Most strains will come out with silly amounts of resin and lovely buds....as you can see by perusing HB journals.

The gang can feel free to post one of their current plants here if you want to see what we're all up to. Minerals, microbes and magic!

I'm A little late to the Picture party ;)
Last day of LIGHT, starting 48hr dark then Harvest, Wash and Dry

EDIT: Forgot to mention she is
DAY 132 From Pop
DAY 58 Flower (2nd day week 9 flower)

I'm A little late to the Picture party ;)
Last day of LIGHT, starting 48hr dark then Harvest, Wash and Dry

EDIT: Forgot to mention she is
DAY 132 From Pop
DAY 58 Flower (2nd day week 9 flower)

Very nice Gazoo! Beautiful flowers ready for harvest! Looks like you'll be getting a decent yield there my friend!

Very nice Gazoo! Beautiful flowers ready for harvest! Looks like you'll be getting a decent yield there my friend!

Thanks Not complaining but I think I can do better next time, at least thats the plan ;)
Thanks again, BTW have you begun to notice its like Cannabis Ninja Grower ? but it gets easier
instead of harder with each level. Very much looking forward to level 3 :cool:

Thanks Not complaining but I think I can do better next time, at least thats the plan ;)
Thanks again, BTW have you begun to notice its like Cannabis Ninja Grower ? but it gets easier
instead of harder with each level. Very much looking forward to level 3 :cool:

Oh absolutely, gets easier every run... unlike most games which only get harder as you go. I too am looking forward to bringing it to the next level!

Both your day and night temps are too cold......Day 78-80, night 68-70 and they'll bounce right back.
How in the world do most people keep such a solid and consistent environment? My rooms temp and humidity are highly reflective of what the weather outisde is acting like (RH maybe not so much)... My RH is typically 40-50%. But I've been having 15° temp swings, 20° a couple times :rolleyes: my plant is still doing wonderful but I'm afraid that wouldn't jive with the kit! Looking for some advice. Never set up a grow room other than a simple tent and exhaust. No fancy automated system! I'd like to get there, just not sure how. Split a/c? Not even sure what a split a.c. is :hmmmm::rofl: I'm also really trying to avoid going over about 12 kwh's a day of electricity...just a number I came up with - but for safety reasons I think I should abide by it. Thanks for the help! :Namaste:

And here's how my LA Confidential is doing with its recently "fairly" terrible living conditions! Maybe I shouldn't post here seeing I'm not a brixer - let me know and ill edit it out! Am looking to become one someday tho :battingeyelashes:

Don't forget the Midwest- coasters too!
I'm in! :ciao::high-five:

How in the world do most people keep such a solid and consistent environment? My rooms temp and humidity are highly reflective of what the weather outisde is acting like (RH maybe not so much)... My RH is typically 40-50%. But I've been having 15° temp swings, 20° a couple times :rolleyes: my plant is still doing wonderful but I'm afraid that wouldn't jive with the kit! Looking for some advice. Never set up a grow room other than a simple tent and exhaust. No fancy automated system! I'd like to get there, just not sure how. Split a/c? Not even sure what a split a.c. is :hmmmm::rofl: I'm also really trying to avoid going over about 12 kwh's a day of electricity...just a number I came up with - but for safety reasons I think I should abide by it. Thanks for the help! :Namaste:

And here's how my LA Confidential is doing with its recently "fairly" terrible living conditions! Maybe I shouldn't post here seeing I'm not a brixer - let me know and ill edit it out! Am looking to become one someday tho :battingeyelashes:

I'm in! :ciao::high-five:
Plants will grow under all kinds of conditions......I'm trying for top quality, which means perfect weather is needed.

I always tell people that nothing is more important than the environment.

Plants will grow under all kinds of conditions......I'm trying for top quality, which means perfect weather is needed.

I always tell people that nothing is more important than the environment.
I jumped back about 40 pages and seen youve said that consistently...but how do most people achieve that? There has to be some kind of system people use? Or is everybody growing in a completely closed environment and running co2? Just looking for options - then ill research from there :thumb:

I jumped back about 40 pages and seen youve said that consistently...but how do most people achieve that? There has to be some kind of system people use? Or is everybody growing in a completely closed environment and running co2? Just looking for options - then ill research from there :thumb:

I make do with what I have available, but have been upgrading my tent as I can afford it.
I can tell you the 300 something dollar controller I added has made a noticeable difference with my plants.
next on the list are a dehumidifier then CO2.

My fresh

My fresh air comes from outside of the building- sucked through my fresh air intake by my out-vent fan. The vent fan is run through a simple inline thermostat.

Thermostat is set to 75° and the fan usually kicks in every few minutes, blowing out hot air from the top of the room, and creating a vacuum that causes cool fresh air to get sucked in through the vent at the bottom of the room.
Cooling, and fresh air in one. So that's simple.

During lights off a timer turns on a small dehumidifier, which has the dual effect of heating the grow and lowering the humidity.

I don't know about 'perfect', but a system like this is quite simple and maintains a fairly consistent environment.

The grow is like a house of cards. A little tricky to set up at first, but once it's all balanced, it works, as long as all the cards stay in place.

Hey Weasel. I'm curious approximately how big that dehuey is, dimensions and how big your space is? I have a 4x4 and a dehuey at lights out would be ideal, there isn't a lot of floor space though. Thanks!

Laquer, it's really not all that hard to dial in the environment. You need a good exhaust fan, a humidifier and a way to heat and cool your tent in which case I heat and cool the space and the air is drawn into the tent. I was having lights out low temp issues then added an under carpet heater which is a little pricy but I had it for regular usage anyways. What are your highs and lows for temp and rh?

My fresh

My fresh air comes from outside of the building- sucked through my fresh air intake by my out-vent fan. The vent fan is run through a simple inline thermostat.

Thermostat is set to 75° and the fan usually kicks in every few minutes, blowing out hot air from the top of the room, and creating a vacuum that causes cool fresh air to get sucked in through the vent at the bottom of the room.
Cooling, and fresh air in one. So that's simple.

During lights off a timer turns on a small dehumidifier, which has the dual effect of heating the grow and lowering the humidity.

I don't know about 'perfect', but a system like this is quite simple and maintains a fairly consistent environment.

The grow is like a house of cards. A little tricky to set up at first, but once it's all balanced, it works, as long as all the cards stay in place.
That I'm sure would make a great deal of improvement, right now it has to be constantly adjusted - which I can't do with a full time job. Sometimes its even to hot (90°F) with my fan kicked up. Only because the room outside of tent is filled with hot air. Thats why I was thinking a mini split or a portable a.c./heater maybe. Thanks for taking the time to respond!
Laquer, it's really not all that hard to dial in the environment. You need a good exhaust fan, a humidifier and a way to heat and cool your tent in which case I heat and cool the space and the air is drawn into the tent. I was having lights out low temp issues then added an under carpet heater which is a little pricy but I had it for regular usage anyways. What are your highs and lows for temp and rh?
My highs and lows for RH: 35% and 55% but typically never goes below 40%. I'm pretty happy with RH
Highs and lows for temp: 68°F and 88°F. Not good I know! It usually isn't that bad but weather has not been cooperating. That is why I asked what most peoples method were of heating and cooling. "Passive" options so to speak are not working for me. Thanks for the response!

That I'm sure would make a great deal of improvement, right now it has to be constantly adjusted - which I can't do with a full time job. Sometimes its even to hot (90°F) with my fan kicked up. Only because the room outside of tent is filled with hot air. Thats why I was thinking a mini split or a portable a.c./heater maybe. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

My highs and lows for RH: 35% and 55% but typically never goes below 40%. I'm pretty happy with RH
Highs and lows for temp: 68°F and 88°F. Not good I know! It usually isn't that bad but weather has not been cooperating. That is why I asked what most peoples method were of heating and cooling. "Passive" options so to speak are not working for me. Thanks for the response!

Not sure about your situation but I have read there is an app for that :)
I am still stuck in the past so no smart phone but if you have one I believe
there are meters that can be set using such things :)

You should get Docs kit for sure! Your environment is pretty good. The main thing is getting the high temp down some but my low is 68 , anything below that is not good but I've seen plenty of brixxers that do get below 68. A window ac would do the trick. I have a controller that was like$30 that you could plug the ac into and set it to go on when it gets too warm. You will not regret going to the kit! It's awesome! Easy to use, lotsof support, no ph correcting water, no flushing, top shelf produce!

Back
Top Bottom