Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Weaponize the foliars! Mix DeStress at 1/4 strength and blast the living daylights out of every inch of that plant twice a week.

So last night I actually soaked my veg girls with 1/2 strength DeStress that was left over from clones and this morning they were so perky!

Oh in the flower room tonight it’s ON!!!!!!

I also ordered californicus predatory mites, 25000 for the flower room so with weoponizing foliars and then predatory mites I should be alright to finish flower. Can’t believe I’m at day 35 with these issues, but what can I do but handle the situation!

I also ordered californicus predatory mites, 25000 for the flower room so with weoponizing foliars and then predatory mites I should be alright to finish flower. Can’t believe I’m at day 35 with these issues, but what can I do but handle the situation!

Just a Heads Up, i DOUBT you would make the same mistake but just in case I wanted
to mention I have used the Predatory Mites & lacewings in the past and found
the ones I received were mixed in with some sort of small flakes, I think it was corn husk ?
but what ever it was, I made the mistake of just opening the container and dispersing it above
the plants without thinking and it was a large mess when it all got STUCK to the FLOWERS

Just a Heads Up, i DOUBT you would make the same mistake but just in case I wanted
to mention I have used the Predatory Mites & lacewings in the past and found
the ones I received were mixed in with some sort of small flakes, I think it was corn husk ?
but what ever it was, I made the mistake of just opening the container and dispersing it above
the plants without thinking and it was a large mess when it all got STUCK to the FLOWERS
Thanks Gazoo, I usually do the same and then when I wash my buds at the end it gets it off. Probably will release most at the base of the plants so it doesn’t get all over them though because I know what you mean I’ve done it

Do you have any pics without the snow on them.... LOL

Looks great, just what I wanted to see.
LOL...It's warming up in my little neck of the woods...I could do with a little of that frost over yonder!

Good morning Doc and gang..Just out of curiosity Doc...what do u think the total yield for that tray will be...going from past harvests?
Oh and Lady...yup...lots of pecans in those baby's.....
Mornin Duggan,

Were looking at about 24 to 26 zips from that 6x3 tray with these particular strains. 3 to 4 zips per plant, with Tangie up to 6 and Syzzurp less than 2. (Last run on Syzzurp.....just not quite what I'm looking for.)

I'd like to discuss a bit about brix burn.
This cycle just finished, and later in the flower cycle - maybe mid way thru finish - the girls just didn't really cotton to the brix spray.

Looking back, I think it had something to do with salt build up. I say this from symptoms Doc labeled - loss of shine, burnt tips.

Given - this cycle I really threw the drenches heavy. At least 1.5 X's the base line. And they ran very well - until the brix foliar.

Environment was spot on. A lot of HPS in a 5 x 5. Temps and humidity were all in check.

Any one else run into this?

Next run will be 10 gallons, we'll see if that helps.

Thoughts?

Under what conditions are you spraying Brix? I think it functions a lot better when the air is relatively moist and cool - mornings. The pores are open, then the sun rises higher, it gets warmer, everything dries off ...

I don't think it's from heavy drenches. I always was conservative with my dosages, and I'd get issues from Brix. But I'd spray in mid-day. I'd take them out and let 'em sit in household light, take pictures, groom, etc, and then put 'em back and spray 'em. That's similar to a morning, but not the same.

I think it has more to do with the mist sitting on the leaves too long - not being absorbed quickly enough - pores not wide open, etc.

:hmmmm:

I'd like to discuss a bit about brix burn.
This cycle just finished, and later in the flower cycle - maybe mid way thru finish - the girls just didn't really cotton to the brix spray.

Looking back, I think it had something to do with salt build up. I say this from symptoms Doc labeled - loss of shine, burnt tips.

Given - this cycle I really threw the drenches heavy. At least 1.5 X's the base line. And they ran very well - until the brix foliar.

Environment was spot on. A lot of HPS in a 5 x 5. Temps and humidity were all in check.

Any one else run into this?

Next run will be 10 gallons, we'll see if that helps.

Thoughts?

Mix it up half strength from now on and see how things go. I rarely get any burn. A fine mist is what you want, not a gentle rain, and definitely NOT a rainstorm.

Back
Top Bottom