Does growing become tedious?

moonflowerX

I was just wondering if perhaps this is a phase? I'm becoming impatient and a bit tired of it all. "Is this worth all the trouble" crosses my mind daily. That thought is tempered by "wow, look at that"... Anyone else get sort of burned out waiting for some sign of flower? Fighting off pests, worrying about this and that? Am I in over my head?
meh
IMG_4342.JPG
IMG_4345.JPG
IMG_4346.JPG
IMG_4349.JPG

When it’s all work, IPM and no payoff - it really bites; hit a streak of pests and no harvests, but moving forward. There are no dispensaries here but regardless trading cash for green sucks out loud too. Even tho most are taken from natural sources you know exactly what chems have and have not been used in your own garden so there’s that point

Averaging about $10 an ounce for 100% organic super sticky bud all carefully hand trimmed and perfectly cured.
My last grow was 27 ounces.
If I were to buy it that would be a minimum of $10,000 and doubt you could even find bud this good in a dispensary.
We could never be able to afford to supply my wife with the hash oil she needs for her Fibromyalgia and just yesterday learned she has arthritis.

So wildly worth it to us.

And growing 100% living Organic Soil it virtually grows itself.

In my world the finished product is always worth the wait... Satisfaction of growing some good bud is a great thing, giving it away to friends is even better...

Try growing some Auto's, they flower way sooner...
:hookah:

After my outdoor grow last year in October and my indoor tent grow that ended in September. I was tired from attending a garden, updating my grow diaries and tired after work, but I was well loaded with supply for some time(ended with 7-9lbs freeze dried) I didn’t start my next grow until December. I’m the kind of guy that would clean up my tent after the last plant was harvested and get the next grow going the following day. Took me a bit to get this current grow going as well, but that was also in part to other matters at hand. (New puppy, can be seen in newest journal below) Plus I was usually an Indica guy or lean that way for choice, but now going the Sativa root for most, even landrace with a Malawi. I’m now looking for that more fun energetic buzz and I can’t wait to see how I react. Kind of has me interested in looking for more Landrace strains for my next grow

I was just wondering if perhaps this is a phase? I'm becoming impatient and a bit tired of it all. "Is this worth all the trouble" crosses my mind daily. That thought is tempered by "wow, look at that"... Anyone else get sort of burned out waiting for some sign of flower? Fighting off pests, worrying about this and that? Am I in over my head?
meh
IMG_4342.JPG
IMG_4345.JPG
IMG_4346.JPG
IMG_4349.JPG

After last years pitiful grow, was good smoke, just very little of it. My soil was crap and other things, in the end, I blamed myself. I decided to just make lemonade by letting it seed out. Then comes a new year and new hope. Changed the soil and grew babies up from last years seeds. I was hyped on hopes of a great year. Then shit happens, the weather went very cold late in April. I saw 8 of twelve plants freeze to brown stumps. So, I started 7 new plants first week of May, and then, the pests hit as well as 1 of the 4 survivors turning male early.

Now, the 3 original survivors are doing very well and showing pistols. One is already flowering and wanting to take the lead. One of my late starts is now flowering and looking great after surgery after a pest and topping because of it. Making a long story shorter... Even though it started out like crap, I can see the year ending on a High Note (Pun Intended)
:lot-o-toke:

Seed4-4_3-flower-1.jpg

Waiting for them all to start flowering is a breeze after all that. I'm set to have just 1 plant give more yield this year than my whole grow last year. To me, that is all I need to see and make it all worth the effort and stress.

You have a nice grow going there and nothing IMO looks like a fail.

This is my first grow and I find it very interesting so far. I'm the type of guy that does tend to go overboard with thing though so I'm not loosing patience.....yet!:D What I do find is I can't leave the damn plants alone LOL I am constantly trimming them or training them and with them being in buckets, moving them to chase the sun constantly. I'm sure a few more year in and I'll back off a bit though. That said, 28 years of wine making and I'm still the same with it so who knows :p

if it's tedious move some place super illegal.
nothing like bone chilling paranoia to liven it up.

:rofl:

The paranoia is real. It's always at the back of my mind wondering if and when the front door to my house will get smashed in with anywhere between 10 and 20 coppers running through the house like a herd of wild bison. On top of that depending on the area there's always the risk of gangs smashing your door down to steal your crops.

I get tired of it , especially in the hot summer as I only grow indoors. Now , grow clones over the summer as a change of venue. Cloning is fun..give some to friends..keep some . Try mailing long distance to friends . Adds some excitement. Going to experiment now making my own colloidal silver and feminized seeds. It’s a fun , interesting hobby.

It can be a part time job. 6 days a week 30 minutes a day. 7 th day about 3 hours. Cloning takes time, sanitizing takes time, harvesting takes time.
it’s a hobby that requires attention, kinda like owning a pet. How to handle while out of town? Changing personal plans because of an emergency condition etc...
you Have to enjoy the fruits of your labor

After my outdoor grow last year in October and my indoor tent grow that ended in September. I was tired from attending a garden, updating my grow diaries and tired after work, but I was well loaded with supply for some time(ended with 7-9lbs freeze dried) I didn’t start my next grow until December. I’m the kind of guy that would clean up my tent after the last plant was harvested and get the next grow going the following day. Took me a bit to get this current grow going as well, but that was also in part to other matters at hand. (New puppy, can be seen in newest journal below) Plus I was usually an Indica guy or lean that way for choice, but now going the Sativa root for most, even landrace with a Malawi. I’m now looking for that more fun energetic buzz and I can’t wait to see how I react. Kind of has me interested in looking for more Landrace strains for my next grow
Same here on trying Landrace and easing back a bit after success learning to grow.

It is a natural progression to evolve your hobby to keep it interesting. You can become more efficient to keep the "work" to a minimum, expand your horizons or both.

Same here on trying Landrace and easing back a bit after success learning to grow.

It is a natural progression to evolve your hobby to keep it interesting. You can become more efficient to keep the "work" to a minimum, expand your horizons or both.

Decided to make an order last night for feminized 5 packs of Golden Tiger x Panama, Killer A5 Haze and Golden Tiger itself. Sadly late November early December would be the earliest I could start them.

:rofl:

The paranoia is real. It's always at the back of my mind wondering if and when the front door to my house will get smashed in with anywhere between 10 and 20 coppers running through the house like a herd of wild bison. On top of that depending on the area there's always the risk of gangs smashing your door down to steal your crops.
My wife decided to invite the cops to our house when my first grow was in full smelly flower - she went nuts after her dad died...fortunately the police didnt go upstairs - probably because they didnt want the extra work and might have been on a sticky legal wicket...... Now I grow so the likely worst for me is a loss of equipment and a caution...few plants, no clones, high stealth and a too expensive to build but decent, grow environment.

I went 14 months of straight growing. By the end I was tired of filling up 16 one gallon jugs, lugging them down stairs, ph, mix nutes, water, empty overflow and doing that about every other day. It was a chore and I was so ready for harvest and to be done with it for a while.

It's been two months with nothing in the tents and I'm missing it immensely. But I have 2 pounds of good cannabis for my personal use. I want to grow more for the sake of growing but have more than I could use haha

Back
Top Bottom