GC's First Indoor Cabinet Grow

Hey all. A quick, short update today. I'm starting to see many of the pistils turning orange on Little Sis. Some of the trichs are starting to get cloudy too, but most are still clear. Big Sis is starting to swell a bit as well, but still lags behind on frostiness and overall flower development by about a week.

Here are a few under pics under normal light to demonstrate:

Girls_12_13_13.JPG

Cola_12_13_13.JPG

Cola1_12_13_13.JPG

In this pic, I got a cola from each plant in the frame. The one on the left is Big Sis and the right one is Little sis.

Comparison_12_13_13.JPG

One other thing I've noticed, Big Sis has displayed absolutely NO indication of deficiency or nute burn so I've kept her feeding at the same level (850ppm, pH 5.8). Next feeding will be Sunday. Probably on Tuesday, I'll decide when I will start reducing Little Sis' nutes. I'll want to drop her to half-strength or so for a couple feedings before I start her flush the following week (fingers-crossed).

They are starting to swell to the point I had to tie a couple branches up this weekend. I cut Little Sis' feeding to 600ppm, pH 5.8 yesterday and fed until I had at least 10% dtw. Tomorrow, I will drop it to 400ppm, pH 5.8 and feed that this entire week. Friday or Saturday I should start a flush on her. Big Sis continues to throw new pistils and remains about a week behind. I'm thinking this is a good thing.

G'day gov, count downs on man , awesome. Really hope 420 donate some goodies to you for the instruction manual your've created. The time and effort your've put into this journal is second to none, and I'm so freaking happy your getting the results from it, you deserve it man!!! Peace

Hey thanks guys. I fed this morning as described previously. I fed Big Sis full strength (888ppm, pH 5.8 until dtw) which consists of: 5ML CaliMagic, 5ML FD Part A, 7ML FD Part B, 3ML LK, 1ML F+, pH'd down to 5.8. Once big Sis started to drain, I diluted some soup down to 400ppm with RO water, adjusted pH to 5.8 again and fed Little Sis until dtw. She's gotten pretty loaded with orange pistils and many trichs are starting to get cloudy (no amber yet though that I can tell).

I swear my little trich-scope is sooooo touchy, it's a royal pita trying to check them still on the plant. I will probably order a USB microscope today or tomorrow (hell yes, I want it before Christmas), but until I do, this will have to do. I simply snip off a sugar leaf, set it on my desk and check it more closely that way. Seems to work. Still looking at Christmas Eve to start the flush on Little Sis.

Wife also told me today we're having some friends over on Christmas Eve for a small holiday fest. I guess I'll need to get my Ona bucket setup this week too as the smell is permeating things a bit more than she'd like, and while most of my friends know I partake, I still don't want anyone to know I'm cultivating.

Small picture update today. I got pictures mostly of Little Sis and mostly of side colas and lower buds. The penetration of this light is amazing and yes, the lower bud sites are smaller, but they are still hard little pebbles and are covered with frosty goodness.

Girls_12_18_13.JPG

Secondary_cola_12_18_13.JPG

back_cola_12_18_13.JPG

This picture of a lower bud is indicative of the overall growth under the main canopy
lower_bud_12_18_13.JPG

Wow!

Sigh, well, last night I was doing some general tending/inspecting and noticed one of the back branches had sagged below everything else. I decided to try to weave it back through the canopy and starting to do just that when...SNAP! It took me by surprise, but I wasn't overly concerned as it was one of the absolute lowest branches and other than the top cola on it, I had planned on making some hash with the rest of it anyway. I trimmed it, snipped the buds off the stem and threw them, along with the fresh trim, into a freezer bag and tossed it in the freezer.

Live and learn. :tokin:

I was so frustrated with the handheld microscope I have, and not one store in this sad town has a USB microscope (Best Buy, WalMart, HHGregg, etc) so I stopped and picked up an LED 40X loupe. It doesn't magnify the image as much as the scope, but even though the image is smaller, I can still see trichs pretty well and the FOV is so much larger I can see everything. Hell, I might even be able to shoot a pic through the thing.

Anyway, after poring over them last night, the decision is made...it's time. Full flush starts tomorrow. I'm using FloraKleen (10ML/GL). Chop date for Little Sis is set for Dec 27th.

:xmas:

Also, when I walked in the house yesterday afternoon, I noticed that lovely, hashy aroma was starting to permeate a bit. I've had all the stuff to make my own ONA bucket/air-scrubber so put it all together last night too. I have 2 big dogs and 2 cats so having it in the foyer/hallway with their food bowls doesn't raise any suspicion and after running it overnight, the house smells like "fresh Linen". That concentrate is STRONG too and even though I thought I'd gone a bit weak on the ratio, it eliminated every single odor in the house...even the fresh piney scent of a douglas fir in the living room and the cinnamon broom on the bannister. It works so well, I'm hoping it won't drown the magnificent aromas of roasting ham and punkin pie next week.

I'll have a pull pic update tomorrow as well.

Hey gov, what's a ONA bucket air scrubber? I thought you had a carbon filter? I struggle with keeping room warm so I don't really want to run an extractor fan, so looking for ideas. Merry Christmas man, and leave that bowl of peanuts alone till there ready. The most agonising part of the grow, oh your then curing ha ha bowl of peanuts will be almost impossible to ignore once dry lol. Peace man

Incredible! Great job pruning/lollipopping them. Really puts the fire under their ass sometimes. How many watts is your led that you're flowering under? What t5 unit is that? Do you like it? I may buy one to flower under since I go 12/12 from seed

Back
Top Bottom