GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

I strained it out today using a coffee filter and then tried about 1ml under my tongue. That was around noon. At 5:50 pm I've still got a pretty decent buzz going!

I was surprised that using it didn't really burn my mouth. In fact, it had a kind of sweet, pleasant taste with just a little burn.

I need to get someone else to try it for a more objective opinion, but I love it! However, being a retiree whose only real "down" time is before breakfast, I might not be the best person to judge it. :)
That sounds like a successful outcome. I am leaning towards edibles as the years march on.

Interesting..

So, is a tincture like edibles (takes 1.5-2 hours to kick in) or do you feel the effects almost right away?
(never done it, so I don't know)

How much did you make?
and what was your weed to alcohol ratio?
I believe it kicked in within 30-40 minutes but I can't be sure because, well, I had already medicated. Like I said before, I'm not the most objective judge of these matters.

I'm so ashamed that I didn't keep very good notes when I made it, and those that I kept, I cannot find.
But I'm pretty sure that I used at least an ounce of weed (but, shit, perhaps not that much :straightface: ). I know I only used enough booze to ensure that the buds were all immersed.

I ended up with just short of 1/2 cup of a nice looking olive green fluid.

I'll keep better notes for my next project. I was led to making tincture because I wanted to make some hard candies and most of the recipes I looked at called for tincture.

I ordered lollipop molds yesterday and they should be here tomorrow. With the tincture, I've all the stuff I need to make the candy (sugar, corn syrup and flavor emulsion).

The mold kit also provides the lollipop sticks, little clear bags to put on the pops and "golden" twist ties to seal up the little bags.

I plan on having some nice treats to give away during the holidays! (And I'll keep better notes when I make them) :Rasta:

Hello gang.

I'm happy to say that I've got another "non-update" for you.

Here is the Grandaddy Black "clonely" on her 17th day in the solo cup, stretching up.
GDB clonely 11-22-22 D17.JPG

----------

And the Pineapple Express (Flip + 17) in the 2x2 tent seemingly liking her new pot.
PE 11-22-22 F17.jpg

----------

And lastly the 4x4 group. It's Flip + 23 for the Grandaddy Blacks (rear) and Flip + 38 for the Purple Tahoe (front left) and the Purple Dream to her right.

Of one thing I am certain: when I wasn't looking those sneaky GDBs stretched about another inch! :Rasta:
TG2 11-22-22 F23-38.jpg

TG 11-22-22 F23-38.JPG

Of interest to the Dots watchers, the PT has no yellowing (yet) on her Dot Day 66.

Recall that on her Dot Day 58 I supplemented her with Roots Organics "Uprising Bloom" nutrients. She'll get bi-weekly top-feeds of that stuff until the end if it doesn't create any issues.

I know the "no-yellow" condition can change very quickly with the Dots. But right now she is, in fact, a darker green than all the other plants. I'm not sure if it's related to the Bloom nutrients or the fact that she might plan to actually turn purple.

Can you imagine, me growing a plant with "purple" in its name that actually turns purple! I'll be on the look-out for flying pigs! :laughtwo:

Thanks for your interest.

🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖

PEACE.

I'm happy to say that I've got another "non-update" for you.
Your non-updates are more updates than my boring updates are non-boring!
Here is the Grandaddy Black "clonely" on her 17th day in the solo cup, stretching up.
Noice! Low light will help keep it small until you find a home for it.
And the Pineapple Express (Flip + 17) in the 2x2 tent seemingly liking her new pot.
It's so happy to have you looking after it!
when I wasn't looking those sneaky GDBs stretched about another inch!
Ahhh...you obviously stopped giving it instructions too early. :)

Hello growers.

I got up really early this morning. With nothing to do I decided to take some bud shots of the 4x4 tent group to share with you!

So, THE VIEW FROM THE TOPS:

Purple Tahoe - Flip + 39
She's got a bit of stacking going on but it's hard to see under those umbrellas of leaves.
PT bud 11-23-22 F39.jpg

PT1 bud 11-23-22 F39.jpg

----------

Purple Dream - Flip + 39
She's the tallest in the tent and my first to flop. I installed a bamboo support for one flopping branch last night and then there was another one flopping this morning!
PD1 bud 11-23-22 F39.jpg

PD bud 11-23-22 F39.jpg

----------

Grandaddy Black #1 - Flip + 24
She's the larger GDB.
GDB1 bud 11-23-22 F24.jpg

----------

Grandaddy Black #2 - Flip + 24
And she is not.
GDB2 bud 11-23-22 F24.jpg

That's all of 'em!

I hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

The Mrs. and I talked about it on Monday and decided we'd just have a small dinner with only a roasted chicken and a few traditional sides.

Then when she got home on Tuesday evening she called me out to her truck to help her bring in about 15 friggin' bags of groceries "for Thanksgiving dinner"! Go figure. :oops:

PEACE.

They're looking fantastic GDB. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Hello growers.

I got up really early this morning. With nothing to do I decided to take some bud shots of the 4x4 tent group to share with you!

So, THE VIEW FROM THE TOPS:

Purple Tahoe - Flip + 39
She's got a bit of stacking going on but it's hard to see under those umbrellas of leaves.
PT bud 11-23-22 F39.jpg

PT1 bud 11-23-22 F39.jpg

----------

Purple Dream - Flip + 39
She's the tallest in the tent and my first to flop. I installed a bamboo support for one flopping branch last night and then there was another one flopping this morning!
PD1 bud 11-23-22 F39.jpg

PD bud 11-23-22 F39.jpg

----------

Grandaddy Black #1 - Flip + 24
She's the larger GDB.
GDB1 bud 11-23-22 F24.jpg

----------

Grandaddy Black #2 - Flip + 24
And she is not.
GDB2 bud 11-23-22 F24.jpg

That's all of 'em!

I hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

The Mrs. and I talked about it on Monday and decided we'd just have a small dinner with only a roasted chicken and a few traditional sides.

Then when she got home on Tuesday evening she called me out to her truck to help her bring in about 15 friggin' bags of groceries "for Thanksgiving dinner"! Go figure. :oops:

PEACE.
Hope you enjoy your dinner Amigo. :ciao:
Happy Thanksgiving. :high-five:
Garden is amazing buddy. :thumb:
Take care.

#Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Hope you enjoy your dinner Amigo. :ciao:
Happy Thanksgiving. :high-five:
Garden is amazing buddy. :thumb:
Take care.

#Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks so much Bill!

The plants look great and :goodluck: on the harvest tomorrow!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the missus and all the groceries. 🐔
Ha!

The Fruit Punch auto was the TG harvest. I'll open up the Grove bag tomorrow and take a nice whiff of it! :laughtwo:

Thanks so much Fred!

You and yours have a nice Thanksgiving as well. :)

Hello growers.

I've got holiday lollipops!
lollipops.jpg

I screwed up and didn't take pics during the process of making them. I'll be making another batch soon though, and I'll do better the next time.

A word about tincture: It's a whole different kind of feeling for me! It's got me stoneder (as @Fredwak would say) than I can remember being in a while. Just messing up, forgetting shit, misplacing stuff, bumping into things -- just stoner behavior all around!

I've only been dosing about .5mg sublingually at a time. And I've been doing that 2-3 times a day with about 4 hours between doses. As a result I always feel like I'm floating a bit, just not quite in control of things like I'm used to being. Wonderful!

But this lollipop recipe called for 3 tablespoons of tincture and in the end I only got 15 lollipops out of the mixture. I'm thinking these candies might be somewhat over-the-topish! I'm actually a little reluctant to bite the apple. (But they are cherry flavored.)

I have to try one before I give one to anyone else. So I'll have to go for it tomorrow morning!

More to come...

PEACE.

Back
Top Bottom