Green Knight - OG Kush LED DWC

Green Knight

Hi everyone. So this is my fifth journal and it's OG Kush this time round. Same set up as before; it's a 200w led DWC using Canna Aqua nurients and DM Zone.

The OG is feminised seed and was germed in the lower can under 30w cfl. I'd topped her, and then topped these and lollypopped to leave four main tops before moving her up to the main room:
IMG_23936.JPG

IMG_23947.JPG

I then topped these four again and over the last week or so she's come on really nicely, with 8 decent main stems:
IMG_23967.JPG

IMG_239710.JPG

IMG_239810.JPG

IMG_23997.JPG

IMG_24018.JPG

IMG_24029.JPG

IMG_24037.JPG

She's now at the right height so I've installed the screen:
IMG_24057.JPG

IMG_24068.JPG

I defoliated, and over the next couple of weeks I plan to train the 8 branches around the screen so I should hopefully get a good full screen when I flower. The last two crops have been 3.5-4oz each, so the goal is to beat that; 4.5 - 5oz is the goal, but we'll see. I'm quite limited in altering environmental variables, but I'm sure this setup should be able to give more than 4oz if I nail it, so we'll see whether a little more organised topping and training under the screen can have a benefit.

IMG_24085.JPG

I'm in! :thumb: :passitleft:

How many tops are you going for?

:goodjob:

The roots look fantastic, I can't get close with NFT, yet.

Your set-up is top drawer!

Cheers AJ. I'm going to leave it at the 8 tops and try and train those round the screen and see if it makes a difference to yield (other than adding to veg time). I reckon it's going to add quite a bit extra (possibly 3-4), so we'll see if it makes a difference to yield. It's a different strain again but I think I should hopefully by now be able to get a good feel with this set up as to whether or not the topping makes a significant difference when it comes it comes to flowering and final yield, or just adds to the veg time. I'm starting to think already it may not be worth the extra time, we'll see, but will have to yield at least 5oz...

Subbed, your DWC work is always top notch, I'm all about learning from a master.

Thanks danklover, much appreciated mate. Not sure I'd say I was a master, I think that's the DM Zone making me look good!

On board of course sir!

Nice, great to have you along light addict

im in woo hooo og love me sum og ,bubba og,og lush,og kush, got a few ogs going under my new led lights, got a budmaster ii 675xg 440watt 225 x 3watt, and a topled mars2 200watt 80x5watt im loving the led i think its the right generation to get in prices are coming down and power getting better than hid, the budmaster says it will outperform my 600watt hps im stoked to see, this will be another great gk grow

I'm really looking forward to this og, I'm hoping it will be a really good one.

I love all the different strains and techniques you try bid - I have to admit I'm quite jealous. I'm finding myself a bit limited as to what i can vary with my set up, I'd love to have more space and get some proper controlled comparisons and different strains and stuff going.
I do like that you make the most of the space you've got and try and loads of different shit, it's great. I live in a big city and gardens and space are a premium, but there are lots of people who have gardens and just leave them to go wild and use them as a dumping ground, or have some space and waste it. It really annoys me. If you've got the space you have to make the most of it!

From the Leafly.com website

"O.G. Kush is a mostly sativa hybrid that is very popular throughout Southern California. Despite its name, this strain is not truly a "Kush," although it does possess some indica traits and is rumored to have some Kush in its genetic heritage. OG Kush is very potent and has long-lasting psychoactive effects. Don't pass this one up if you see it at a local dispensary."

From the Dinafem website

"

OG Kush is the most popular strain in South California and it has become the #1 in the U.S.A.

The Original Gangster Kush was created in California, near Los Angeles, in San Fernando Valley, after 3 generations of crossing and stabilization.

The term Original Gangster refers to someone that has gone up on the scale of producers/vendors of cannabis until reaching the top to become the boss. This strain is the boss of the biggest cannabis market in the world.

It has a world class flavor, like lemon mixed with gasoline.

It is an exotic blend of indica and sativa and this taste is one of the reasons that people get to pay up to $30 per gram.

Another reason is that rappers, actors and VIPs in California demand this strain more than any other.

It is overwhelmingly potent, up to 24% THC and 0,23% CBD, analysis carried out by laboratories in California.

It is75% Indica and genetically is composed by Lemon Thai / Pakistani crossed with the famous ChemDawg.

Leaves are neon green and totally trichome covered.

In Europe is not so famous, even though it's starting to be so.

Now you can try the Californian flavor!

Production: High
Outdoor Height: Hasta 3 metros
Flowering Speed: 55 days / 10 Oct
THC: Very tall"

from en.seedfinder.eu

"Strain: OG Kush
Breeder: Dinafem
Type: indica
Flowering: ~55 days
Only female seeds.

Dinafem - OG Kush

The Original Gangster Kush was created in California, near Los Angeles, in San Fernando Valley, after 3 generations of crossing and stabilization. It is the most popular strain in South California and it has become the #1 in the U.S.A.

The term Original Gangster refers to someone that has gone up on the scale of producers/vendors of cannabis until reaching the top to become the boss. This strain is the boss of the biggest cannabis market in the world.

It has a world class flavor, like lemmon mixed with gasoline. It is an exotic blend of indica and sativa and this taste is one of the reasons that people get to pay up to $30 per gram. Another reason is that rappers, actors and VIPs in California demand this strain more than any other.

It is overwhelmingly potent, up to 24% THC and 0,23% CBD, analysis carried out by laboratories in California. It is75% Indica and genetically is composed by Lemon Thai / Pakistani crossed with the famous ChemDawg. Leaves are neon green and totally trichome covered. In Europe is not so famous, even though it's starting to be so. Now you can try the Californian flavor.

Production: High
Outdoor Height: Hasta 3 metros
Flowering Speed: 55 days / 10 Oct
THC: Very tall"

Hi GK, I hope you are enjoying the Harvest! :passitleft:

What TDS do you give them in the vegging room?

Hey AJ. Yes thanks, working my way through it!

Under the 30w cfl I keep the EC at 1.1, and now I've moved her up under the led I've increased the EC to 1.3. She hardly uses any nutes under the 30w

Ok here we go!!!
And with OG Kush, one of my all time faves.
I'll be around GK.
Great work so far!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom