InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

a bigger and better shed will arise from its ashes :ganjamon:
I wish bro

Not after getting quoted 24 grand for siding on house . Time to shop around . Lol

You know, I seem to have much more difficulty judging ripeness my own plants than somebody else's - not sure why that is. :hmmmm:

So, here is my 2 cents in order of readiness:
1. Candida (almost looks overdue)
2. IIP (ready now)
3. Sour G (pretty close. Could go now or wait a little bit.)
4. DTF (almost a tie with Sour G, but seems to have slight bit more fresh pistils so could wait a bit more)
5. AK47 (might be ready next week or so.)

Nice pics, btw.

Hey Shed, are you interested in a Northern Light Clone? I've got some nice ones that I think are doing very well. If they continue to look as good as they do I'll be cloning with Rapid Rooters in Vermiculite every time!

I know I keep jumping in at anytime... I'm on a break

Oh so you think that means you can just go sleep around in any old journal whenever you feel like it, don’t you!? :laughtwo:

Sleeping around.... I haven't done that in years!

Hey Shed, are you interested in a Northern Light Clone? I've got some nice ones that I think are doing very well. If they continue to look as good as they do I'll be cloning with Rapid Rooters in Vermiculite every time!
I know I keep jumping in at anytime... I'm on a break
Thanks Age but I'm going to pass. I have all the indica I'll need for a few years between the Peyote Critical, the Berry Bomb, and the Bedroom Cookies.

I'm putting together a harvest post with both Candida and IIP, so I'll be back later with that. I'm running low on energy lately (since my bad cold really) so I apologize for the pace of my posting here and elsewhere.
:sorry:

It's Tuesday and I am wiped from the harvests and trimming and bud rot and life. As I mentioned, please pardon my absences on your threads. My focus has been scattered and staying on task seems to be an ongoing problem for me. Anyway, let's dive in and get to it.

Rather than bury this in the middle, I want to put it up top since it's bit of information someone might find helpful. Is this budrot, and if not, how can we tell:

The answer is no, because when you pull out a brown leaf, it's brown from the outside in and not the inside out:

This browning is a result of powdery mildew, which kills the leaf wherever it is, but not where it can't reach. Much of both Candidas looked like this.

Speaking of Candidas, Saturday was harvest day for the squatter of the two, which I refer to as CDNT from the original mother getting planted without a tap root showing from the peat pot (CD-1 with No Tap = CDNT). Here is was on flip day 50:

The @Amy Gardner view:

This is the crunchy larf I threw out because I just couldn't be arsed:

Here's what I washed and hung:

And the bones:

After I trimmed it, it went onto the drying racks in the tent, replacing this lanky Candida cut down last weekend:

And I had to prematurely bump the CDNT from the rack yesterday and stuck in a box with the mini-dehuey to make room for the IIP!

Monday was chop day for the rotting IIP. A warning to @Virgin ground, there will be pics and descriptions in here that give you the heebie jeebies. so you may want to skip it.

While I had a big bud-rot issue on this plant, what I also realized was that I had a huge caterpillar problem that I never saw, never having noticed any damage on the leaves. I discovered this when I was cutting off some of the rot prior to harvest:

Tons of poop where the botrytis buds would just come off the plant:

And I must have pulled at least 10 of these off during harvest and trimming:
So that would explain a lot (though not all) of the bud rot. Lesson for next summer: use BT or spinosad no matter what is visible.

So let's get to the IIP harvest. It's It Punch is a cross of Acai Berry Gelato and Purple Punch. I outlined the full lineage here:

It was a clone shipped to me by an east coast member this spring.

Here was the IIP pre-harvest:

Amy's homage (last one of these as they pretty much all look like crap and I go blind trying to take them!):

The bones with the LST apparent:

These are the buds I pulled off before harvest. By the time I was done trimming, I would say I lost 1/8th of the plant to rot:

And here it is in the tent. There are loose buds sitting on top of the light as well:

I've got four fans going in there (plus the exhaust) to drive the moisture out quickly, but by tonight I should be able to have just one at the bottom, and close the tent for a standard week-long dry.

And the last piece of info I have is a final weight for the Berry Bomb 1.3 clone that was a gift from @Agemon:

355 grams, 12.5 ounces (not counting the plastic bag. That's a number I will probably never beat!

That was the plant part of my weekend...I hope yours was filled with fun and relaxation :).

Did you use a fungicide on any of 'em?

Congrats on the harvest!

Grow on!

Highya ITS,

I hope whatever malady you have, it goes away soon. Life's too short to feel like crap. Congratulations on more harvests. Always nice to get a lady down and packaged for the long haul.

On bud rot - I try to focus on how much I have left, not on what I lost. I always have plenty of cannabis to go until next harvest, so no worries. Just saves me a little stress.

I picked a couple worm like beasts off my buds so far. Haven't seen anymore. Guess I better take a much closer look. Glad you didn't lose too much. Cheers

Helluva harvest,Shed- I got tired just looking at all the work you did !
You need to get some rest and get yourself feeling better :straightface:

So do you think there was any real,just plain bud rot, or was it all caterpillars doing it?

Is it over yet? Thanks for thinking of me Shed.
Of course! If we could all give G2HM blurple pic warnings, it's the least I can do :).
You’ll best that, and some great pics too. Bud Rot & WPM itza no bueno....
Thanks for the vote of confidence (and the clone) Age! But I don't think I want to grow plants that big any more. Way too much work for me.
Sorry about the bud rot Shed, but congrats on the stellar harvests brother. Make sure you rest up when its all done....hope you get feeling better!
Thanks Van! I have to say I'm looking forward to the last three coming down. I need a few months off at least o_O .
Did you use a fungicide on any of 'em?
Congrats on the harvest!
Grow on!
Thanks SnB! I used the Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide which stopped it from spreading and dried up the rot to make it much easier to take off than when it's slimy.
Highya ITS,
I hope whatever malady you have, it goes away soon. Life's too short to feel like crap. Congratulations on more harvests. Always nice to get a lady down and packaged for the long haul.
On bud rot - I try to focus on how much I have left, not on what I lost. I always have plenty of cannabis to go until next harvest, so no worries. Just saves me a little stress.
I picked a couple worm like beasts off my buds so far. Haven't seen anymore. Guess I better take a much closer look. Glad you didn't lose too much. Cheers
Thank you Bode. The one thing I'm not worried about is running out of weed!

Not sure what the malady is but I hope I can kick it. Maybe it's just iron poor blood and I need some Geritol :).
Sorry about the rot but that Berry Bomb was a helluva plant.
Thanks Penny! It was a beauty and rot-free! If only it wasn't an indica...
Wow, respect for all that work Shed! Congratulations on your harvests, and sorry about the rot. And the uh, caterpillars... :eek: gross.
I don't mind the caterpillars except when the let the rot in. I didn't even kill these, I just tossed them in the green bin with the trimmings!
Good harvests Shed.
Touch luck on the bud rot.
Caterpillars were sneaky bastards! You’ll get them next year!
Berrybomb
Hope your well brother !
Thanks Dutch, and next year it's spray spray spray!
Helluva harvest,Shed- I got tired just looking at all the work you did !
You need to get some rest and get yourself feeling better :straightface:
So do you think there was any real,just plain bud rot, or was it all caterpillars doing it?
Thank you carcass :). I'd say the rot was about 50/50 caterpillar-sourced. And I can definitely use some rest...just three more to go!

Yep! I gotta say that caterpillar poop pic made me feel just a little bit sick to my stomach! :eek: :laughtwo: Sorry to hear you’re still feeling the residues of the cold/flu buddy (welcome to the dark side ;) ). It’s no fun. Up you nap quota :thumb: As soon as possible.

Massive amount of work you gone through it all, you must be supremely exhausted. I’m glad you got so much useable stash with all those impediments so well done! :D
Berry Bomb! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom