InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Happy Wednesday everyone! I thought I'd get a quick update in here just so you can see what's going on for the Summer grow.

Let's take a quick peek at the 5 Killer Cookies on flip day 19:

Not sure if you can tell but the pistils on the top are pink!

The yellowing of the bottom is starting to spread (as usual):

...so I added .5g/gallon of magnesium nitrate. I would have preferred calcium nitrate but I went with what was on hand. We'll see!

Still plucking off lower flowers as they show up to see how close to #nolarf I can get at harvest.

And here is the recovering Grandpa's Moonshine on day 79:

I water it every morning because it's pretty hot out these days, just enough to get the bottom and sides wet. I've added bamboo stakes to move the lower branches out from under the uppers, but I don't want to make it any wider. If I decide to level the canopy I'll supercrop the tops in once it's 100% recovered.

That's it from me today! I hope you're week is at least halfway over. :cool:

Quotes:

Thanks Buds! That's definitely a mistake I won't make again. :rolleyes:

Absolutely!
So you were poisoned as a child from a water source that was made chemically unfit due to natural rock/water interaction? Some government entity was asleep at the wheel on that. :( Not surprising you went into water treatment!

No reason to put info in various threads when you can go back to posting it here!

Oh we eat plenty of vegetarians at our house but they're all dead. Chickens, lamb, cows...
[/QUOTE]
Damn, dude, what a nice garden? Gardens? Makes me want to take mine outside every now & then. You have some pretty girls...

I'm originally from Chicago. None of that heat even comes close to this. We don't usually have this many days in a row of excessive heat. It's taking it's toll on anyone who goes out in it. News reported 19 deaths from it so far. I swear Hell is underneath this state.
I've heard that "dry heat" is more tolerable to people with copd. I've often wondered it it's true...

Shed your 5 KC is magnificent and Grandpa's Moonshine is starting to look great too. Will your son be around still to help in trim jail when the time comes?

Umm all of continental Europe? In Italy people are dying right now. Spain too. Fun fact Milan and NYC are on the same latitude!

Nick
Didn't know that. Don't watch much world news other than the Ukraine stuff. I usually don't pay much attention to the weather either. Just, this year has been really awful.

I've heard that "dry heat" is more tolerable to people with copd. I've often wondered it it's true...
I've heard that too. My wife had COPD. Don't think the dry heat helped all that much. She still ended up having a double lung transplant. Then the meds she had to take caused cirrhosis of the liver & turned into cancer over time.
She passed away in Dec. from it.
Not sure why people seem to think a dry heat is cooler. It's not. It actually feels hotter. Just not as humid & sticky.

I've heard that too. My wife had COPD. Don't think the dry heat helped all that much. She still ended up having a double lung transplant. Then the meds she had to take caused cirrhosis of the liver & turned into cancer over time.
She passed away in Dec. from it.
Not sure why people seem to think a dry heat is cooler. It's not. It actually feels hotter. Just not as humid & sticky.
I learned living in Florida and being out West in a truck. Hot 🥵 is hot and it doesn’t make any difference to me if it’s humid or dry but out West always gives me chapped lips. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley: Edit: But it beats the 💩 out of Chicago in February when it’s-40-60 Windchills.

So you were poisoned as a child from a water source that was made chemically unfit due to natural rock/water interaction? Some government entity was asleep at the wheel on that. :( Not surprising you went into water treatment!
No this got out wrong.... if miners concentrate tailings that's unwanted in a place this is not longer a natural concentration of those elements. I have on paper from a government protection agency saying that the creek contains very high concentrations of mercury in some form they won't say and a bromide salt. The value, and I now quote their report, "is so high the value is not permitted to go higher"... its a complex matter and I feel I only make me look more stupid trying to explain this in English and mess up your thread. Sorry

Oh we eat plenty of vegetarians at our house but they're all dead. Chickens, lamb, cows...

Lol see how stupid that was. 🤣 ever eaten a superior specie?

Your plants are as I've always said perfect, I don't think anyone else can do a better job with them. Buds are looking to form perfect. 😎

Btw I think we should promote you in to getting a talkshow. Tonights special guest InTheShed...

gee that sip / swick thing got to be a monster.

They are also saying our time / clocks are off too. If the earth is moving closer to the sun that would effect Time & Climate.

that is due to the earths rotation slowing down. it's caused by the effect of gravity by the moon and sun. at one point in the earth's past our days were a little over 19hrs.

also the tilt has changed a bit caused by centuries of pumping out groundwater. major seismic and volcanic events effect it as well. pompei, mount st. helens, etc.

I haven't heard of any other countries going through any heatwaves. Just the U.S. & for the most part in the Southern part of the country.

everyone's in it.

here wildfire smoke is causing a pile of deaths.

my mom often can't go outside. we run a furnace fan with special filter and i've got her hepa filter fans placed throughout the house. she can't get enough oxygen, it's kinda serious.

And here is the recovering Grandpa's Moonshine on day 79:
Good move on the transplant! GM looks so much better now! :thumb:

Let's take a quick peek at the 5 Killer Cookies on flip day 19:
Wow, that 5KC might be your tallest plant so far! You might not get a pound out of it, but you will likely set a new personal record.

I actually miss that. Keeps you young looking. AZ. heat dries you out & you look 60 when your 40.
So does the Florida sun 🌞, I had a neighbor that I thought was in his 30s. I almost 💩 when I found out that he was only in his early 20s. It’s not so much the heat but the UV rays that does it. CL🍀

It's back-to-plants Thursday everyone and I wanted to drop two pics from the 5 Killer Cookies' chart:

Height:

And weight (with it's pockets reservoir empty) because @Gee64 asked me:

[We don't have a scale in our bathroom, just this one tucked in the back of the shed...pardon the dirt!]

I don't think it's stretching anymore since I haven't had to raise the light in the shed for the last two nights so I'm thinking @BeezLuiz can put this one on the spreadsheet. I'll let you know if I need to raise the light again for something other than just regular bud growth.

And in terms of the 30lb weight, if we add 8lbs for a gallon of water, that puts the total at 38lbs max. Interestingly, the weight at transplant (smaller plant) was 42lbs when I watered it from the top and filled the res, which is another indication that the soil is not holding any water.

That's it from me! :ciao:

Quotes:
You want HOT come to AZ. 19 days straight of over 110F. I can't remember a day of under 116. Was 118 today.
Low for tonight is 100F. This shit really, really sucks !
LOL okay, do I need a disclaimer every time I says "it's hot" or "it's cold"? What did you think of my plants is the real question!
Climate change is a thing! This heat is worldwide right now.
Sure is, thanks Jon.
I'm not so sure I believe in the climate change thing with Trash & Fossil Fuels, etc. causing it. Those things cause pollution. I think it's more likely that the earth is spinning closer & closer to the sun. They are also saying our time / clocks are off too. If the earth is moving closer to the sun that would effect Time & Climate.
I haven't heard of any other countries going through any heatwaves. Just the U.S. & for the most part in the Southern part of the country.
You don't need to believe it. Global temperatures have risen by a lot since the 1970s, and if the cause were Earth getting closer to the sun there would be a doomsday clock counting the number of years until we cross paths with Venus. In addition to "pollution," burning fossil fuels creates CO2. CO2 traps heat, hence global warming. We've been pumping CO2 into the atmosphere since the birth of the Industrial Age, and we have reached critical mass in terms of its effect on the planet.
Damn, dude, what a nice garden? Gardens? Makes me want to take mine outside every now & then. You have some pretty girls...
Thanks rob! If the weather works why not? And even if you have a short summer maybe an auto in the yard would be fun. 🌱
Shed your 5 KC is magnificent and Grandpa's Moonshine is starting to look great too. Will your son be around still to help in trim jail when the time comes?
Thanks Carmen! He goes back up third week of August so he won't get to join in the "fun," but I plan on having the women folk pitch in. ✂️
Dry heat feels cooler because your body can sweat to cool down. When it's humid the sweat doesn't evaporate as quickly (smaller differential between skin and air) so your body actually is hotter. That's why the heat index goes up when the ambient RH is higher.
No this got out wrong.... if miners concentrate tailings that's unwanted in a place this is not longer a natural concentration of those elements.
Oh sorry, I missed the part about it being a tailings pit! :eek:
ever eaten a superior specie?
If they were superior I'd have been eaten.
Your plants are as I've always said perfect, I don't think anyone else can do a better job with them. Buds are looking to form perfect.
Thanks CraZy! Lots of folks do a better job with their plants, but no one schlepps like I do. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Btw I think we should promote you in to getting a talkshow. Tonights special guest InTheShed...
Who would tune in for that? :laugh:
Those plants are gorgeous!
Thanks Otter! Took a while, but now that the GM has recovered the 5KC is losing lowers...it's always something. :hmmmm:
Them 5killer cookies is going to be a heavy yielder , beautiful plant
Thank you sb! I'm looking forward to a larf-free harvest.
gee that sip / swick thing got to be a monster.
Thanks bluter! I'm thinking it's really a hempy grow held up by 5 gallons of dry soil. :thumb:
that is due to the earths rotation slowing down. it's caused by the effect of gravity by the moon and sun. at one point in the earth's past our days were a little over 19hrs.

also the tilt has changed a bit caused by centuries of pumping out groundwater. major seismic and volcanic events effect it as well. pompei, mount st. helens, etc.
Nice science-drop.
here wildfire smoke is causing a pile of deaths.
my mom often can't go outside. we run a furnace fan with special filter and i've got her hepa filter fans placed throughout the house. she can't get enough oxygen, it's kinda serious.
Same in northern California most years lately. Fire smoke is just horrible on the lungs. I hope your mom's okay trapped inside, but at least she can check in on your flowers!
Good move on the transplant! GM looks so much better now!
Thank you BL! I'm so glad I didn't wait any longer to see if it would finally get used to the SIP.
Wow, that 5KC might be your tallest plant so far! You might not get a pound out of it, but you will likely set a new personal record.
See above, and I'm not shooting for records...just a nice healthy finish! 🎯

No this got out wrong.... if miners concentrate tailings that's unwanted in a place this is not longer a natural concentration of those elements. I have on paper from a government protection agency saying that the creek contains very high concentrations of mercury in some form they won't say and a bromide salt. The value, and I now quote their report, "is so high the value is not permitted to go higher"... its a complex matter and I feel I only make me look more stupid trying to explain this in English and mess up your thread. Sorry

Your plants are as I've always said perfect, I don't think anyone else can do a better job with them. Buds are looking to form perfect. 😎

And what exactly would be a superior species for us to eat? Remember, we’re talking earth creatures. If we were to include alien species, it’s pretty simple. If they’re here, they’re superior to us. And we ain’t eating them. Lol.

In addition to "pollution," burning fossil fuels creates CO2. CO2 traps heat, hence global warming. We've been pumping CO2 into the atmosphere since the birth of the Industrial Age, and we have reached critical mass in terms of its effect on the planet.

Plants pull in CO2 and release O2. Solution...grow more weed. I'm just here saving the world, one crop at a time. #doingmypart

Plants pull in CO2 and release O2. Solution...grow more weed. I'm just here saving the world, one crop at a time. #doingmypart
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Actually, if you think about it for a long time, you realize that the real problem is too many humans. Gotta feed 'em, gotta keep 'em warm and cool, etc. Uh oh. :straightface:

Do we get carbon capture credits for growing weeds? :hmmmm:

Do we get carbon capture credits for growing weeds?

start ropin' in some carbons man ... only issue is you release it when you smoke the stuff ... :p

Back
Top Bottom