White Widow, Jack Herer and "Mary" re-veg and clone grow

These girls loved the nutrient mix they got two days ago and we'll see how Mary and JH respond to their trimming from yesterday morning. WW will come out today for grooming. I feel like I've lost a whole day this week. Smoking from a new pipe and using different strains lets me know I'll have to start planning the next grow.

Things are running almost too good. Girls are still stretching and that makes me happy. I haven't adjusted the LEDs at all but I'm thinking about it. I'm stuck in a tinkering phase and wondering if I can achieve something to build upon. Self improvement sort of thinking because I'm blitzed right now. I'm also wishing I had some sort of auto watering system. :love:

:lot-o-toke:

Team

IMG_40325.JPG

WW

IMG_40347.JPG

JH

IMG_403510.JPG

Mary

IMG_40366.JPG

WW clones

IMG_40339.JPG

Mary clones

IMG_403910.JPG

Mostly JH clones

IMG_40387.JPG
IMG_403910.JPG
IMG_404012.JPG

Great trimming job Jim. :high-five: My determinant is the ability to see the soil surface when you look down from above. You passed that test with flying colors. Will you repeat this again in about three weeks?

Thank you Sweet One. Here's the defoliation/trimming on the White Widow re-veg. I tried to get a little aggressive removing lower fans and suckers for bud development but I could have done more after looking at the pictures. Sue says I'll be at it again in 3 weeks. I bet she's right because she grows quarter pounders. Set goals high and try to achieve them is all I'm doing.

WW before and after

IMG_40416.JPG
IMG_404210.JPG
IMG_40439.JPG
IMG_404413.JPG
IMG_40456.JPG
IMG_40469.JPG
IMG_404710.JPG
IMG_40488.JPG

:circle-of-love:

Hi ya Jim! I saw your note on automatic watering system. I'll be testing the AutoPot XL 6 system when I get my new journal started. Hopefully this will be what we're looking for. My hope is to be able to leave for a couple weeks and not worry about the grow at all.

What are you looking to get out of an automated system? :Namaste:

Hi ya Jim! I saw your note on automatic watering system. I'll be testing the AutoPot XL 6 system when I get my new journal started. Hopefully this will be what we're looking for. My hope is to be able to leave for a couple weeks and not worry about the grow at all.

What are you looking to get out of an automated system? :Namaste:

What am I looking for? Not sure at all dr. Not sure at all. I guess I was just thinking out loud about hand watering but I really wouldn't do it any other way.

It's hard for me to get away for more than a couple of days because I have three cats. I used to ask my neighbors to feed them but I can't have them over here with a big ass tent in the grow room. My vent system is pretty stout and would certainly attract attention. The locks on these interior doors can be opened with a tooth pick.

I'm going to try to give it a rest after this grow which should allow me to avoid the heat of the summer. My utilities budget needs a break too.

:Namaste:

Jack Herer, White Widow and "Mary"

I gave the girls in the tent an early morning foliar of Big Bloom. Any of the clone which have light pots got a wee bit of the remaining nute mix from earlier this week. Wake and bake was Jack Herer and I've charged up my portable so that I can vape some later. It seems everyone is experiencing vaping.

Team

IMG_40507.JPG

Here is the unmolested JH. She's had no topping or defoliation. Actually, only one of the clones (Mary) has been topped and none have been trained. She is now about 16 inches and beautifully full of herself.

IMG_40528.JPG

IMG_40518.JPG

A little closer

IMG_40547.JPG

Even closer. I'm not sure I like photographing them with the leaves still wet from the foliar. Oh well

IMG_405510.JPG

Here's one of the nicest JHs that was defoliated.

IMG_40568.JPG

WW clones.

IMG_405910.JPG

Mary clones

IMG_40609.JPG

IMG_406113.JPG

Here was the beginning of my Wake and Bake - Shiggityflip style. Have a great day folks. I'm certain to be back in the tent later doing something.
:love:
IMG_406310.JPG

Beautiful update Jim. :love: The WW clones weren't done in the cloner, were they? Significantly smaller than the JH clones. That's an insightful finding that'll inspire the purchase of a cloner when it's time.

Reps for the ShiggityFlip. Well done and nice pipe.

I broke my tiny bong today so it must be time to order a glass one. :laughtwo:

Beautiful update Jim. :love: The WW clones weren't done in the cloner, were they? Significantly smaller than the JH clones. That's an insightful finding that'll inspire the purchase of a cloner when it's time.

Reps for the ShiggityFlip. Well done and nice pipe.

I broke my tiny bong today so it must be time to order a glass one. :laughtwo:

High Sue...Neither of the WWs were in the cloner. Those were either grown in rock wool or jiffy cups. I only lost 2 or 3 of the cuts and somehow managed to get about 8 clones rooted that way. The DIY cloning bucket was the trick but it still took 20+ days for the Mary cuts. Another one of those things that takes some patience.

I added that pipe last time I was in the smoke shop. Glass is expensive. :love:

Jack Herer, White Widow and "Mary" Re-veg and Clones

I went back and looked at my notes and flowers were set on 5/11/16 except the 3 Mary clones. Those were about 4 days behind. For simplicity, I will consider this Flower Day 10. Humidity was extremely high in the house and was 93% in the tent before lights on but at 73% 20 minutes after lights on. I guess the plants were loving it but the dehumidifier is working on it. We had another sprinkle last night but clearing is to begin today so I'll be better able to control it.

Plant leaves were praying up this morning so I'm pleased. Things are running well so far and I still try to give them a double dose of full spectrum of those Mars-Hydro LEDs for a couple hours a day. There are 14 trees in there and I'm considering up potting 4 of the clones. Why 4? I don't have much mix and I have four 1.75 gal nursery pots. The whole tent might become unmanageable soon.

Team

IMG_40659.JPG

WW re-veg

IMG_40669.JPG

JH re-veg

IMG_40679.JPG

Mary re-veg

IMG_406811.JPG

WW clones

IMG_40699.JPG

IMG_40705.JPG

Mary clones

IMG_40715.JPG

Mostly JH clones

IMG_40729.JPG

Have a great day folks. :love:

Dang Jim, you're hitting it out of the park with the revegged girls. Mighty impressive buckaroo. :high-five: Had to give you reps for that. Three at once is something I don't recall seeing before Jim. You should be chest-puffed-out proud. :circle-of-love:

Dang Jim, you're hitting it out of the park with the revegged girls. Mighty impressive buckaroo. :high-five: Had to give you reps for that. Three at once is something I don't recall seeing before Jim. You should be chest-puffed-out proud. :circle-of-love:

Actually, I'm just waiting for that odd thing to happen. I've reviewed every note I've got on bud development. Just hanging around staying high. "hitting it out of the park...." sounds good to me

:thanks:

Smashing it Jim. Reps baby :passitleft:

Thanks MrA :passitleft:

Hey MJ, I can't remember if I read it in your journal or not. Did you have the re-veg girls in smaller pots or are those the original bags they started in?

Hi DeanB. Mary was born last July and went into a homemade pot of about 2 gals.

IMG_312610.JPG

Then she got her 5 gal home on March 3. Linky

JH and WW have been in these 5 gallon softies and this mix since September 22, 2015. Well, they might have had a top dressing or something magical spread on them since. :rofl:

Jack Herer, White Widow and "Mary"

I gave the girls in the tent an early morning foliar of Big Bloom. Any of the clone which have light pots got a wee bit of the remaining nute mix from earlier this week. Wake and bake was Jack Herer and I've charged up my portable so that I can vape some later. It seems everyone is experiencing vaping.

Team

IMG_40507.JPG

Here is the unmolested JH. She's had no topping or defoliation. Actually, only one of the clones (Mary) has been topped and none have been trained. She is now about 16 inches and beautifully full of herself.

IMG_40528.JPG

IMG_40518.JPG

A little closer

IMG_40547.JPG

Even closer. I'm not sure I like photographing them with the leaves still wet from the foliar. Oh well

IMG_405510.JPG

Here's one of the nicest JHs that was defoliated.

IMG_40568.JPG

WW clones.

IMG_405910.JPG

Mary clones

IMG_40609.JPG

IMG_406113.JPG

Here was the beginning of my Wake and Bake - Shiggityflip style. Have a great day folks. I'm certain to be back in the tent later doing something.
:love:
IMG_406310.JPG

My two girls are back into flower and in a new tent check it out lol I love your cloning seems you've perfected it

Outdoor organics. Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Welcome ohioboy. sucks when the ll gets a new gf.

So I've gone to moderator's shit list lately for posting links of their competitors. Folks will protect their greedy pockets.

Still putting my efforts into development. I guess it's time for me to actually get to the library again. Anyway, I found a piece this morning that I wanted to put right here:

Just stole this little bit of info from the web...Yeah...so did I

Calyx swelling is a major indicator of peak maturity. The lowest, oldest calyxes swell first and the swelling works its way up to the highest, youngest flowers on each bud. At peak maturity about 90% of the calyxes will almost look seeded, they are so fat.

Three quarters to 90% of the pistils will have turned reddish brown as well. For a basic Indica this takes well into the seventh week of the flowering cycle.

By the end of the eighth week most of the calyxes will have swollen and a surge of trichome development has coated most of the buds. It is now that the development of a very discerning palate comes into play to determine the finest harvest time. Remember - patience is a virtue and often a discipline.

The ripening signs for most Sativas are highly similar, except extended over a longer period of time. Occasionally, some Sativas have windows of peak harvest that actually open and close. That is, for a week or so the plant may exhibit signs of peak ripeness.

However, a week later the plant may have a growth spurt, which lowers the trichome-to-fibre ratio and overall potency for a little while. Usually a fibrous growth spurt is accompanied by a corresponding trichome increase. Again, time and experience are the key elements in this regard.

It has nothing to do with greedy pockets Jim. It has everything to do with an inability of our site to verify that the sites you're linking to are as secure as Rob's made ours, so those links could prove to be problematic. There's nothing to keep you from sharing the information, just as you have right here.

Rob and his team always have our best interests at heart. It serves no beneficial purpose to think otherwise. Our site happens to be one of the most informative around, and we're encouraged to bring information back from our internet searches and present it in our own words to the members.

Having said all that, let me thank you for this share. I learned a lot from that. :battingeyelashes: :love:

It has nothing to do with greedy pockets Jim. It has everything to do with an inability of our site to verify that the sites you're linking to are as secure as Rob's made ours, so those links could prove to be problematic. There's nothing to keep you from sharing the information, just as you have right here.

Rob and his team always have our best interests at heart. It serves no beneficial purpose to think otherwise. Our site happens to be one of the most informative around, and we're encouraged to bring information back from our internet searches and present it in our own words to the members.

Having said all that, let me thank you for this share. I learned a lot from that. :battingeyelashes: :love:

So my dear sweet sue does that mean that I can stop laying in my bed wondering about my journal on this forum and if I can delete all my info cause I'm afraid of big brother lol did I mention I'm a lil paranoid I've been to the big p for cultivation once and I'd hate to have that happen again because I posted my info on the net cause I like it here and I'm not trying to be funny don't think I'm being fasecious please

Outdoor organics. Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Back
Top Bottom