Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Those NLxBB buds are big and beautiful! Great harvests, Blew!
I really like that strain...just did a secondary trim last night (after 3 days drying in the root cellar) and buds are still HEAVY. :)

Memorial Day Update:

Today is high of 55F and sunny, so better to be in the GH now than tomorrow when it is forecast to jump to 77F!

I pulled out a tape and the ATF, DTF, and Blueberry are all 3ft+ in width, so basic math tells me that 10 of these in a 24 foot long GH will be interesting!

ATF:

DTF:

Blueberry:

Stankberries:

CBD Cheese and Cream in her 30-gallon! (You can see her next to the Blueberry above)

Here is a hack that worked for me...I was lazy and didn't want to hump the 7-gallon auto pots with the germinating seeds into the insulated Box, so I wrapped the 2x germinating heating pads around the pots, secured them, and then covered with a 30-gallon fabric pot. GH low of 56F last night, soil was 78F, one seed already popped! :cool:

Soil temp of the big pots, even when GH is 90F, is usually around 60-65F

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day!

Holy shit I skipped right over those huge leaves. Are the blueberry, ATF, and DTF in stanksoil?
All my plants are in soil I make....50% vermicompost (that we make on the farm), 25% coir, greensand, perlite, vermiculite, mycorrhizae, and (@Van Stank suggested) basalt and glacial rock dust.

It seems to be working so far...

Newbie for cannabis and very glad to have found this online resource. We farm here @ 44'N in Maine so we have a lot of infrastructure already (insulated greenhouses and high tunnels) so we are going with what we know (and have) and not investing in lights etc. Maine just passed as law that residents can grow, at any time, twelve (12) mature plants, six (6) flowering plants, and unlimited seedlings. Which is awesome. Also, we are allowed to give away 2.5 oz at any time (and no limit to transactions) to any 21+ adult (without $ in return). Well, there is already a strong barter culture where I am so this, again, is awesome. We have a 12x24' passive solar greenhouse that we normally use for cucumbers and tomatoes but this year we are going to dedicate it to 8-10 cannabis plants and see how we do. As you can see from the attached photos we use aquaponics and, while we plan on using cloth bags this year, it is a nice resource for nitrogen rich watering! Have eight (8) beans which are four (4) of Northern Light Auto and four (4) White Widow Photo. I figured I would play with both and see how they responded to my particular circumstances. Got too excited and germinated one of each on Feb 28 and days late both popped (thanks CKS!). Since days are still lengthening here, I have a 100W CFL hood lamp (from the chicken coop) supplementing until 7pm (so 13 hours daylight). Hoping to transfer these into 2 gallon cloth bags and up-pot to 5 and then 10 gallons.
IMG_56067.jpg
20170305_084318_resized.jpg
Great! that greenhouse is really Amazing!

Re: Greenhouse Grow In Maine - Northern Light Auto & White Widow Photo

Just curious if this was a successful topping or not? Would those new leaves have occurred regardless? Thoughts appreciated.

White Widow P
IMG_82925.jpg
they would have happened anyhow, but they wouldn't have been main branches. You just went from one main, to two mains. Good job.

they would have happened anyhow, but they wouldn't have been main branches. You just went from one main, to two mains. Good job.
This is a blast from the past! That WW ended up growing to be 8' tall in my GH and, while imperfect in many ways, she was my first! I have learned so much over the last year from so many here on 420...
:thanks:

I got a question , i planted two siberian haze and one blackberry on the 25th they popped in 3 days in soil ! Thanks Seedsman . Anyway something ate the two first baby leaves off last night !!!! Will it come back or should i just pluck it up and use the soil for another ?? Thanks in advance ,
Are there any leaves left? If not, start over in same soil. If there are give it a few days.
:goodluck:

Things are coming along great there blew! My third stankberry was up today. If mine look anything like yours or stanks I'll be a very very happy man

This is a blast from the past! That WW ended up growing to be 8' tall in my GH and, while imperfect in many ways, she was my first! I have learned so much over the last year from so many here on 420...
:thanks:
Yes, you're right, if a person wants to learn, 420 is a good place to acquire knowledge. Just got to be very careful who to listen to, as bad advise is worse than no advise !! The best way to learn is trial and error. I've grew outside for 50 yrs., but only in the last couple yrs., have I really got serious about learning. Some of the best pot I ever harvested was grown in cow shit compost and native western Ma. soil. They were lucky if i got out to water them when needed. I was a truck driver who was like almost never home. But most yrs. I harvested enough to last me to next harvest. Now that we can do it legally, I'm hoping for better and bigger things. Will be here if you need my 2 cents ?

Things are coming along great there blew! My third stankberry was up today. If mine look anything like yours or stanks I'll be a very very happy man
My first Stankberry was a dude, so hopefully yours are all female! I have 2x more about 2 weeks old so I am waiting patiently to see what they are packing....I am confident, though, that they will both catch up quickly. Like you, I want to see some of those monster colas!

Yes, you're right, if a person wants to learn, 420 is a good place to acquire knowledge. Just got to be very careful who to listen to, as bad advise is worse than no advise !! The best way to learn is trial and error. I've grew outside for 50 yrs., but only in the last couple yrs., have I really got serious about learning. Some of the best pot I ever harvested was grown in cow shit compost and native western Ma. soil. They were lucky if i got out to water them when needed. I was a truck driver who was like almost never home. But most yrs. I harvested enough to last me to next harvest. Now that we can do it legally, I'm hoping for better and bigger things. Will be here if you need my 2 cents ?
Glad to have you!

Thanks Blew , thats what i had thought but been a while since this happened were it really mattered >>> Looks like deer season will be early this year !! damn it ! frost my balls shit to get 4 seeds was a pretty good chunk at $$63. NMeed to go to the barber shop and get some human hair but thats nasty ;( I hope the shit taste good any way . :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: sorry, pissses me!!

i agree slowpuffer and thats alot of time under the wheel and growing the goodies , i am going to try my hand with some LST and nuks i have never heard of maybe >> outside w/O greenhouse as Blew and others have is a diff. story .. let the fucking rain set in for a week or more when your ready to harvest ^^^

Thanks Blew , thats what i had thought but been a while since this happened were it really mattered >>> Looks like deer season will be early this year !! damn it ! frost my balls shit to get 4 seeds was a pretty good chunk at $$63. NMeed to go to the barber shop and get some human hair but thats nasty ;( I hope the shit taste good any way . :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: sorry, pissses me!!

Maybe a basic fence?

Back
Top Bottom