Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Any chance you could point me in the direction for the plans for a 4 season greenhouse?
My advice is search it on the interweb...my GH is a mashup of many good ideas from the 70's (and, go figure, mainly in Colorado). It all depends on your circumstances, requirements, and budget. The best insulation is earth, so if you were lucky enough to have a south facing slope then burying the north side helps keep it cool. I have seen the 3 walls made with bermed tires and ply on the front...cheap and effective.

"4-season" is relative to your available sunlight. I can do a winter grow in an insulated box within the GH using lights...hence 4-season. Normally, even with perfect temps, there is not enough sun to grow anything.

For value, you cannot beat a high tunnel ("hoop house") ....easy to install and lots of space. Go to the dump and get an old commercial freezer and set it in there with some lights....voila....4-season! I built mine differently for several reasons (one being I am on ledge rock and couldn't get the poles for the high tunnel in the ground) ...I love that it is very strong since we have some hard weather here. Also love that I can lock the door...high tunnel all you need is a box cutter.

If you have the space and go forward my advice is make it bigger than you think you need now. :)

Little late to be planting autos, isn't it?. Yes Blew i was thinking the same BUT , you know after the crap i went through i figure 15-20 buck what the hell i would just like something i can toke on that i grew !!!~!!~! Benn hitting some Trainwreck and got Gorilla Glue and something else coming in a few days (( Thank You Calf. people )) What can i say i like growing to . :peace:

Little late to be planting autos, isn't it?. Yes Blew i was thinking the same BUT , you know after the crap i went through i figure 15-20 buck what the hell i would just like something i can toke on that i grew !!!~!!~! Benn hitting some Trainwreck and got Gorilla Glue and something else coming in a few days (( Thank You Calf. people )) What can i say i like growing to . :peace:
Cool...was just wondering why you chose Aug to plant them....you only need 2.5 months of good weather....:cool:

I'm an old guy...I do it from the laptop...my albums are (temp) gone...
I noticed that my albums are gone too. When I look at the "Your Media" link, all of the pics I've uploaded are still there. Also, when I upload pics, the line I used to enter the album name on is gone. Maybe we can't make albums anymore? I don't know.

I'm an old guy...I do it from the laptop...my albums are (temp) gone...
Any word on if they're coming back? I tried to keep all my uploads really organized in my album so I can always ho back to reference dates/strains/flowering days.... seems like I might have just been wasting my time cataloging everything if they are doing away with personal albums...
-P:ganjamon:

Mind if I ask how small (roughly)? Anything to help prevent mold, I struggled with this last fall....Hmmmmm, My albums are gone too...

Just instead of a nice big stalk of buds cut the stalk into 1" buds....more surface area means more air less and chance of mold

I noticed that my albums are gone too. When I look at the "Your Media" link, all of the pics I've uploaded are still there. Also, when I upload pics, the line I used to enter the album name on is gone. Maybe we can't make albums anymore? I don't know.
I'm sure it is temp...I am just not uploading into the mass album right now...not sure if I would get them in my album. I could experiment but I'm lazy....

Any word on if they're coming back? I tried to keep all my uploads really organized in my album so I can always ho back to reference dates/strains/flowering days.... seems like I might have just been wasting my time cataloging everything if they are doing away with personal albums...
-P
Doubt they are gone...just wait till you see "your existing albums" before you upload...that's my plan.

Chopped the OG Kush Rolex this morning....too much humidity and I noticed the beginnings of bud rot on 2x buds. I have photos but for some reason the "add media" isn't allowing me to direct to my album, so I will wait till they sort that out.
Seems they took the album away when adding media. I noticed it yesterday when I did my updates.

Seems they took the album away when adding media. I noticed it yesterday when I did my updates.

So how does it work...just upload media and you can get it when you click the camera (gallery embed)??

-P:ganjamon:
Damn Preston are you burning one down at 4:56 AM ??
No Albums here never started on Yet ! Sure miss my plants :(

Whats your temps like up there Blew? I just looked outside and besides seeing the trees melt....I saw satan and his demons packing their shit and heading south???? WTF its bloody hot!!!

Back
Top Bottom