Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

Now your cookin Mag7,...great attitude. Middle of the day to ya :)

Thanks Duggan, I did go rearrange the light and get the ventilation hooked up. Looking good to go now.
420-magazine-mobile734103160.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hey Mag...can you explain that exhaust fan/filter thing ya got goin on there...i'm a lil confused as to the duct work . Cheers.

So after extensive research I decided to vent to tents at one time. And after watching the grow boss on YouTube and his demonstration of how ventilation works and how the filters work my conclusion was that pulling from the tent and pushing through the carbon filter was going to be my best route and I can vent both tents with one 8 inch fan

If you look close you can see that the ventilation ducting comes from both tents into a Y ducting into my 8 inch fan into my carbon filter, I will be upgrading carbon filters in the next month or so.

I also inserted the prefilters at the Y ducts before the air passes through the fan

If you look close you can see that the ventilation ducting comes from both tents into a Y ducting into my 8 inch fan into my carbon filter, I will be upgrading carbon filters in the next month or so.

OK Mag,...that's what i thought. As soon as you can , you should change that 'set up' OK. These filters are NOT designed to push air thru OK . They are designed to have air 'pulled' thru them,..they function much , much better . you can still use that fan /filter to clean and exhaust both tents. You know how to make that happen? just join two tents up with duct , then put the filter in the second tent with another duct leading to the fan then a duct out (to your exhausted area). Just a thought for ya....either way , i won't be the last grower to suggest pulling your stinky air thru it , instead of pushing. OK!:Namaste:

All I know is I have my grow rooms set up the way Duggan suggest. You can't smell shit in my house or outside where I vent my tent. He can save you some money on these filters and fans by telling you how to run them. 75% right duggs?

Cheers guys
:roorrip:

He is NOT considering the Carbon Filter IS Designed to pull air through and is only looking
at it from the " Perspective of the fan "

EDIT

BTW I should add it will work either way, and I am looking at it
from the Design End, Probably just as effective either way :)

All I know is I have my grow rooms set up the way Duggan suggest. You can't smell shit in my house or outside where I vent my tent. He can save you some money on these filters and fans by telling you how to run them. 75% right duggs?

Cheers guys

I'm in a place that I can't vent outside, this caused me to make this choice. I guess we'll have to what comes of it and I'm always ready to make changes if needed.

Cheers guys
Thanks Noob,...much respect...:)

I'm in a place that I can't vent outside, this caused me to make this choice. I guess we'll have to what comes of it and I'm always ready to make changes if needed.

Mag, you don't have to vent outside bud,..it's cool. When you don't vent into another room , or outside , what you do is 'scrub' the air . they call it scrubbing when a grower just leaves his exhaust in the same room as the intake. All this does is constantly clean the same air , over , and over again...so this is called 'scrubbing ' the air . cuz it 's sooo clean ..get it. The only thing about doing it this way is not getting any fresh , recharged with CO2 air,... back into the grow space. if you can get some fresh air back into the space ...doing it the 'scrubbing ' way is totally fine. OK! venting outside is not really necessary , you understand , i'm sure Mag. :)
Oh ya , like Noob said there,..almost forgot this. run your fan/filter combo at between 70-8o% . This will make your fan and filter function better for our purposes OK...but no slower than 70% . Any slower (with the use of a motor , speed switch) and you will risk damaging the windings inside the motor. The purpose of this is to allow the fan to do the job better (air is 'in contact' with the carbon for a longer time) without screaming away at full speed, plus the filter will last much longer too...cuz passageways are NOT created within the filter by running it so fast ...understand mag. also , change the 'pre-filter often ,...before it gets too dirty and when you are doing clean up stuff , or sweeping the floors,..turn off the fan/filter , as not to encourage 'clogging' of it by all the dust and crap your moving around by sweeping, OK!

Aside from your temps, not venting outside shouldn't effect the smell of you are venting through the carbon scrubber properly. Being in my house that I own makes it easy for me. I vent my closet into the attic and out the roof vents. I vent my tent through the window but it looks like a simple window fan from the outside. The blades turn and everything. Pretty stealthy.

Thanks Noob,...much respect...:)

Mag, you don't have to vent outside bud,..it's cool. When you don't vent into another room , or outside , what you do is 'scrub' the air . they call it scrubbing when a grower just leaves his exhaust in the same room as the intake. All this does is constantly clean the same air , over , and over again...so this is called 'scrubbing ' the air . cuz it 's sooo clean ..get it. The only thing about doing it this way is not getting any fresh , recharged with CO2 air,... back into the grow space. if you can get some fresh air back into the space ...doing it the 'scrubbing ' way is totally fine. OK! venting outside is not really necessary , you understand , i'm sure Mag. :)

How would this be set up? I'm sorry, I'm more visual so I have to reread

Aside from your temps, not venting outside shouldn't effect the smell of you are venting through the carbon scrubber properly. Being in my house that I own makes it easy for me. I vent my closet into the attic and out the roof vents. I vent my tent through the window but it looks like a simple window fan from the outside. The blades turn and everything. Pretty stealthy.

How did you keep the window sealed?

How would this be set up? I'm sorry, I'm more visual so I have to reread

OK, good Q. Mag. What i do is in 'effect' scrub my entire house's air. My exhaust from my GR goes right into my workshop , which is attached to the rest of my basement ....which is attached to the rest of my house...get it Mag. I'm cleaning my whole house's air by exhausting the GR air back into my house. This is totally fine as my environment doesn't 'call' for cooler outside air...it's winter for pete's sake...i wanna keep all the warm air inside ...not get rid of it.:wood: The GR exhaust actually heats up my workshop a lil....:tokin: Are you starting to understand things ?...Cheers Mag7:high-five:

Totally, so basically I hang my filter and fan and blow into my room as I am already doing. Attach ducting from one tent to the other to vent both, does that sound right?

Back
Top Bottom