New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

Brussel sprouts..:thedoubletake: That's child abuse..:biglaugh::biglaugh:...:circle-of-love:
I know, I didn't care for them much as a kid but Lil Ms. Thang loves all types of green veggies. She'll eat a bowl of greens by their self the way most kids would eat a bowl of cereal.

Back up to date now Reg. Still churning them out I see. So much going on here, I'm looking forward to the outcome of your 3 year skills test.

Thrips.... I battled these on my first, crazy little buggers that didn't wanna quit. I didn't have access to the sns range then tho. This is the damage they did to mine and a pic of one.

Screenshot_2015-04-14-20-31-30.png

Screenshot_2015-04-14-23-48-45.png

Screenshot_2015-04-15-22-05-03.png

:high-five:

I know, I didn't care for them much as a kid but Lil Ms. Thang loves all types of green veggies. She'll eat a bowl of greens by their self the way most kids would eat a bowl of cereal.

Yea....:high-five: I'm am so happy to hear that.... I know I give you a hard time about pork and stuff but I also know you know I'm just messing with you but to hear she really eats all that and eats it because she wants to... That is awesome....:high-five: You are a very lucky man Broke Ass.... She takes extrremely good care of you...:;):....:circle-of-love:

Yeah, I definitely have a strange one Fifi. I guess it's has to do with her growing up eating healthy since I was already on that kick when I got custody of her.

Hws things growing bud :high-five:
Things are good Jaga, just need to take a day to get caught up on all my subs; including your thread.

Thrips.... I battled these on my first, crazy little buggers that didn't wanna quit. I didn't have access to the sns range then tho.
Funny your bringing that up Mr. Amazing. The SNS has slowed down the damage on the bigger plants but the littler ones are looking infested. I still haven't spotted an actual thrip yet but their residue is obvious.
Thank my lucky stars the Diatomaceous Earth so many of you have suggested should arrive today.

What is the best way to apply it since I'll be starting with the plants that's already in soil? I was thinking top-dressing, forking it in, then watering. Also, do I use it on the foliage at all?

I never did rid them during the grow, I cut and washed buds and scrubbed my space down before I started again.

They are tiny small, I found the best way to see them was to put a piece of plain white paper under plant and give plant a bit of a shake. Looks for bits of dust moving on the paper and view through a loupe.
I got my bug issue at the minute also.

oh yea if it helps I used azamax for thrips it was the only thing that worked for methe sns products didn't get rid of them

Professor Flux, Mr. Amazing, and Cronic...

Thanxx for the quick replies.

MY 420mag:rollit: 3yr SKILLS TEST UPDATE

SOUR DIESEL Feminized Day 68

The Diatomaceous Earth arrived yesterday and we powdered every plant in our grow including SOUR D.

IMG_00022578.jpg

But let's start at the beginning. I pulled out a method of super-cropping I had all but forgot about, the clothespins.

IMG_00022562.jpg

IMG_00022567.jpg

That should be it for the training phase, we now have a pretty even canopy.

IMG_00022571.jpg

Oh, and I accidentally snap another site... to the cloner it goes.

IMG_00022573.jpg

We forked in the DE...

IMG_00022582.jpg

IMG_00022583.jpg

IMG_00022588.jpg

Previous Sour D Update

I also sprinkled DE on the foliage of a couple of smaller plants. If I don't see any ill effects I'll sprinkle every plant's leaves.

IMG_00022598.jpg

HARVEST​

JACK HERER CLONE (4th Generation) Day 168 / Day 53 under 12/12

IMG_00022546.jpg

IMG_00022550.jpg

IMG_00022559.jpg

WHITE WIDOW X BIG BUD CLONE Dry Weight

IMG_00022545.jpg

Damn,,,,,,,,,,, I hate bugs, I'd suggest double whatever they suggest with the DE. I've heard it works well as a top dress. Probably a good source of calcium??? and as a ph adjustment??? But it's suppose to rip the guts out them soft belly young ones. Sounds pleasant. It's hard to kill all them thing with a perpetual grow going. I know mites are bad about transferring around the house even.
Azamax is a great product. But I've not seen your buggers for along time. If I remember right I had to trash the whole grow. I had it mixed in a veggie garden. Guess they perfered the pot over the veggies? Just driving thru, I know its been abit.. GL Keepem Green

If you have thrips, what will destroy them, or so I'm told, is this:

image8081.jpeg

image386.png

I purchased mine while on vacation expecting to be facing an infestation when I returned, because it was obvious I had them when I left town for two months. Before I left I did a liberal dressing of neem meal. Powerful stuff if not well filtered. Powerful enough apparently, that it kicked out the thrip population. But I have this bottle on reserve should I have the problem arise again.

When using diatomaceous earth you want to puff it on. A fine dusting makes it nearly impossible for the insects to avoid the sharp edges of the crushed fossilized skeletons. If you think about it, you can see how over-application would create possibilities for pieces to lock together and form a kind of walkway through the shards. See where I'm going here?

I use this bottle as my puffer. There are special puffer bottles made for DE.

image8080.jpeg

The DE you forked into your soil will not help much with your pest control - think sharp pieces now buried in soft soil - but it will add valuable silicon to the soil. I doubt you needed that much, but no harm done. :laughtwo:

Puffing that fine dusting on is much more effective. Make the pot an impenetrable field of shards.

Wear a mask when you play with DE. I shouldn't have to tell you that, but one never knows. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I hate to be a naysayer, but I don't think DE works very well. If you have mites or thrips, Azamax/Azatrol, or the Monterey sprays with neem and pyrethrin work pretty well. You still have to be vigilant, but I tried DE, the SNS products and Capt. Jack's Dead Bug Brew. They had little effect.
:goodluck: Reg!

I tend to agree with you Major. I tried DE for gnats and neem used with mosquito dunks did the job in the end. For things that have to crawl through it though, it's deadly. I have way more than I'll ever need. :laughtwo:

Fifi,
Dr John Jacob Jinglehimer Shmidtz,
Jaga,
B. Really Real,
& Sue...

Thanxx.

Azamax is a great product. But I've not seen your buggers for along time. If I remember right I had to trash the whole grow. I had it mixed in a veggie garden. Guess they perfered the pot over the veggies? Just driving thru, I know its been abit.. GL Keepem Green
Just driving through!!! That was an all out fully loaded drive by Woody!

I hate to be a naysayer, but I don't think DE works very well. If you have mites or thrips, Azamax/Azatrol, or the Monterey sprays with neem and pyrethrin work pretty well. You still have to be vigilant, but I tried DE, the SNS products and Capt. Jack's Dead Bug Brew. They had little effect.
:goodluck: Reg!
A few members have said the DE worked for them Pita but I'm taking no chances. We'll see what happens but in the meantime I've ordered the exact spray Sue has. Thanxx a mill.

41Bp65UxvfL_AC_SL230_.jpg

:popcorn::surf::geek:Bar, just taking a look at your journal.I hate pests!! Outside I have had mite, whiteflys, and caterpillars, that's before I planted rosemary and oregano in those planters. Inside I had gnats...I hate gnats! I just use an organic spray on them and put dunks? inside the tank. :thedoubletake:Have a great weed-end:party::slide:

Back
Top Bottom