Nick Hardy & Co Graduation: Coco Co2 High EC: Grown in Thailand: Perpetual

I live in Thailand - plenty guys get broad mites 😂

I'm certainly envious of your grows,
Uh really don’t be! Envy is a waste of energy. Its actually quite simple. Just money and space! But ai work my ass off for my day job to make that possible. And I have a teenaged gang now (aka my family) doing the basics.

My yet to be started Canuk grow I’m doing a 4x4 under a fairly normal (I thought about using my no name 320w but c’mon) Mars FCE4800 no gas no AC like just as average as I can get. Oh no sensors just skin and eyes. 18 solo cups.

Everyman grow. In a tent outside in the tropics. So a little tricky. But that’s on me.

Reckon I’ll bag a kilo. We’ll see!

I live in Thailand - plenty guys get broad mites 😂

Uh really don’t be! Envy is a waste of energy. Its actually quite simple. Just money and space! But ai work my ass off for my day job to make that possible. And I have a teenaged gang now (aka my family) doing the basics.

My yet to be started Canuk grow I’m doing a 4x4 under a fairly normal (I thought about using my no name 320w but c’mon) Mars FCE4800 no gas no AC like just as average as I can get. Oh no sensors just skin and eyes. 18 solo cups.

Everyman grow. In a tent outside in the tropics. So a little tricky. But that’s on me.

Reckon I’ll bag a kilo. We’ll see!
The 540 plant limit is well worth being envious 🤣🤣🤣

550 plants, the extra 10, you know… 😂

cde1298c9c1821e07ea2e9e26bc966a44e3cde3c33b8726d09.jpg

🤣🤣

Ah good eyes!

IMG_7253.jpeg

Its 10:40am and the Rh at my desk is 76% and the sensor on the weather station on my roof is 84%. These are low numbers for us.

We’re in Thailand its normal. I read these mega low numbers and even with a whole home sized dehumidifier in my void space just for this room and a dedicated AC in the room I can’t get it down to less than say 60%

But we have mega air flow so I have say a 20% fear of mould. Like watch for it but banging sativa? Yeah that’d be Thai weed and they don’t have no fancy dehumidifiers out in the fields. We don’t actually grow lanky sativas so much but the genes are there.

Get your air moving all around - especially the input air not just the oscillating fan air and the only time to worry is if on your bare forearm it feels wet/damp or you see moisture on the leaves. Ignore the numbers like 50% in late flower. Lol. Not even mega indoor farms do that. Costs too much.

But yeah - that room?
Nope.
After I got down off of my high chair @InTheShed makes a fair point.
With his suggestions of pests etc. i was bolshie in my reply “not in that room’
Truth be told we’ve had white fly downstairs ever since we took on some donor Tropicana Poison - one of which is in this room. Some have despite our neeaming during veg have made it up stairs.
Meh its white fly and they might take a pip or two off a percent of perfect but Co2 seems like if it don’t kill them totally - they certainly can’t live. I see one a day (if i didn’t know their life span I’d swear under oath it was the same one) and that’s fine. They’re not too bad.
We growing in bulk We are more herd mentality. We can’t possibly look at micro spots of worry on 22 plants in this room that we expect to a yield 250g each. Micro manage? Nah. This is herd mentality. That said - a plague could fuck our whole crop, real quick - so confuse this with lazy. I be vigilant as fuck.
But most the leaf damage is human made. So some awful looking cannabis plant leaves in pictures Funny how they’re all by the main door and by the ladder I used to take some photos (actually re position the Co2 pipe in the overhead fan) even your hip touches a plant its gonna damage it. Meh. Still that room is banging. And we are all about the herd. The individual leaf? Yeah. We have I dunno? 100 per plant? Times 21 - so thousands of leaves. I reckon 10k plus but whatever.
But we’re herd mentality, not your home grower single plant micro pmanaging - and I ain’t dissing it at all. .
Different game.
But yeah my hips and hands cause this leaf damage. Growers with 3-4 plants in a 4x4? Yeah chillax
You gonna grow a single or pair of perfect plants - woah! Awesome!
Total respect for that style, show piece stuff / just don’t over think. A leaf scrape and post it all over like its snakes on a plane.
Yeah plants live and die.
Co2 seems to smash the white fly
Personally I find pictures really hard to diagnose from.
No offence taken by me.
But say @Fenderbender was having a panic about micro spots on some plants - pests, deficiencies and all this worry. Azi was helping out trying to diagnose
Epic post of the year so far though came from @Melville Hobbes
For my plants Occams Razor after I thought about it.
But when you just got one or two plants you want for show - for the sheer damn pleasure of it, best in show. Great. But don’t over think every spot on every leaf for that is where madness lurks!
My classic was I was terrified of these white marks on the DoSiDos outdoor plant. (I mean I could have spent this time actually feeding her rather than worrying about that 😂) so I pinged a pic to my farmer mate in a panic. His response withn 30 seconds - one of only three bits of teaching he’s ever given me:
“You were too casual with the fert and some splashed back on to the leaves and left white salt stains, wipe it off and be more careful but nothing to worry about”
And so it was.
So yeah - vigilant sure. But not to the point of crazy.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks. ;)

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. ;)
Nah. As I said - I thought about it. Properly. And I’m trying to give a point of view that might be helpful for growers in a 4x4 with 3-4 plants. @420 typical growers. I feel the stress on their posts because a plant is their year. Its a big deal. I hate culling but we can afford to (actually we can’t afford not to!)

But yeah. Sometimes every fan ain’t gonna be pretty. The best book on depression I’ve ever read is called “Watching The Wheels” by Damon Hill, F1 World Champion. (His father Graham Hill won Monaco, Le Mans and Indy - high bar! 🤣)

We watch the wheels growing. Feel them on the buttocks. But like he makes clear a Formula One car is more complicated than a space ship. Watch the wheels - they’re gonna tell you first.

So a decent analogy but maybe you might think imperfect?

For that we have @Melville Hobbes

Judging from your last few sets of pics the plants seem to be healthy overall, right?

Watch the wheels, worry less about the data you’re driving the damn car at 200mph.

Nick

And thought about it and thought about it, hence Hamlet. I'd hate for something to get into your grow room unannounced and take down the entire harvest, so I thought I'd mention it like I would to anyone else. Next time I'll remember your response(s) and keep that thought to myself. I'm eminently trainable.
:peace:
C’mon mate - you have decades more experience than me. It was a fair comment.

I might come across all Adam Smith on a tropical island. But we do indeed watch the wheels.

But its all a numbers game as you get to bigger grows. I could photograph the leaves of six or more plants in there - dunno maybe all of them and find troubling signs of pests or deficiencies or excesses should I put my mind to worry.!

We had a giant very poisonous centipede in our veg tent downstairs once! I killed a snake in my living room with a 7 Iron and got electrocuted with 220v AC 5 minutes later which I guess was InstaKarma 😂

The upstairs room is not low hanging fruit. We get a giant iguana type lizard up through the service ducting again and it decides it likes cannabis plants we’re fucked 😂 I’m hoping the shrooms put it off 😂

image.jpg
Wet/Dry Riser is a mushroom farm seems like! Bottom right the hatch 😂

I’d just like that fellow growers know - one of the things I’ve learned this last year is worry less. Skin and eyes.

I've got no skin in this game, just my eyes. I used them but was told:
  • Not in my room
  • CO2 takes care of it
  • Damage is human made
  • We're not home growers
  • Don't overthink it
  • Don't be vigilant to the point of crazy
  • Everything else looks fine
I was expecting something like: "I took a look at those and they're all clear...thanks for keeping an eye out mate!"

Point taken.
Bullet Point Two I would amend to “Co2 helps mitigate a lot of things when paired with mega lights and ventilation”

But yeah that is an excellent proper good summary of my outlook on things.

And gracias for the looking mate - but most importantly maybe someone reads it and it helps them grow.

Legit what I and I think the site is about, right? Viva Voce.

Back
Top Bottom