Radogast's Hi-Brix Basement Grow - New Location - New Soil - New Experiences

I have had bananas cause seeds in the past. Sometimes its only a couple and other times almost every bud has seeds in it. I usually do not run the plants long enough to get viable seeds. I had a cannalope haze that threw bananas and seeded almost everything in the tent.I think they were more so from light stress than anything as my temps were ok and the plant still wasnt done when I took it at 15 or 16 weeks PF.

Hey Rad! I realize your seeds have some sort of pm on them but wanted to share my germ success story. Not sure if you are following Darkscotias journal - apprentice of Doc's but they germ right in the soil. I plopped 4 seeds in thoroughly soaked 1st run soil on Sunday and so far 3 of 4 popped up and pretty sure I see the 4th following right behind. Quickest germ I've ever had!

Now that I'm less medicated I thought of a couple of things to mention.

I've been storing my newly harvested seeds in a coffee mug without a lid. The seeds have been in the dried bud in jars since harvest and there are probably thousands of them. I have been collecting them as I go. Put a little bit in the grinder and gently twist back and forth, then the seeds fall through undamaged along with the ground up bud. Pick them out with tweezers and put in the coffee mug to finish drying. I bet there should be another step for longer term storage but I'm not there yet.

Back before I signed up here, I read a couple thousand pages of threads that interested me. One was about how to create female seeds. It involved letting the plant (or just some lower growth) go past harvest a couple weeks so that nanners would form and using the pollen from those nanners to pollinate a second plant. I found the thread here:

Donpaul.p's Latest 400 Watt HPS Grow

Hey Rad! I realize your seeds have some sort of pm on them but wanted to share my germ success story. Not sure if you are following Darkscotias journal - apprentice of Doc's but they germ right in the soil. I plopped 4 seeds in thoroughly soaked 1st run soil on Sunday and so far 3 of 4 popped up and pretty sure I see the 4th following right behind. Quickest germ I've ever had!

I like germing in water and planting in soil, but I'm not running soil right now. I saw you only had one shy Girl Scout to go :)

I've stored most of my seeds in ziplock baggies - like they come from the breeders. No problems up to 3 years.

Stored in the refrigerator is probably recommended, but I've just been sticking them on a shelf.

Those child proof caps on pill bottles seem to let seeds dry out and introduce spores - almost like they aren't made for long term pill storage.

An old film cannister would be better, but you don't see those much these days. The wife uses them for kief :)

One of my seeds washed with alcohol looked like it was making a tail today. I'll know tomorrow.

My sprouted seed planted in perlite doesn't seem to be growing. It shed it's cap but hasn't broken through the surface in several days. Again, we'll seee tomorrow.

Are you adding CalMag? The spotted leaves feel like a calmag issue to me. Of course, any deficiency can be caused by PH being off. I do 5.5 as the mix generally drifts up naturally a few points over time.

I don't have cal mag right now. How about Epsom salts? (magnesium sulfate) That worked for me in soil.

I have this seed collection that never stops growing. :laughtwo: I store mine in the refrigerator, the little bags taped to recipe cards for easier organization. The sealed box they all sit in has small containers of rice to help keep the humidity under control.

I have this seed collection that never stops growing. :laughtwo: I store mine in the refrigerator, the little bags taped to recipe cards for easier organization. The sealed box they all sit in has small containers of rice to help keep the humidity under control.

Yeah, but you have valuable seeds. :)

All my seeds over 6 months old are home surprises, freebie pakistani or freebie noname seeds.

Trying to quote on the phone from a bar is useless. :surf:

Rad, them seeds. Hanks for the heads up. I keep cotton balls or q -tip heads in with my seeds in the fridge but I got a ton still wrapped in paper Ina small cardboard box on a dark shelf . Gonna have a look thru in the light of tomorrow morning.

I still owe you for the soaking seed tip.
grateday Rad! :ciao:

I soaked 5 of my mildewy seeds in hydrogen peroxide for 10 minutes, rinsed and they are now soaking in RO water.

It never hurts to try :)

p.s. Unless it's bull riding - that can hurt to try
Skydiving could also hurt to try... I've had pumpkin seeds that were covered in mold and they germinated, sluffed off the nasty shell and grew out to be a really nice plant. I realize it's not the same plant but it should still work. You only fail if you don't try.

3 tablespoons of epsom salts + 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of milk per 3 gallon bucket.

Go it. Adding Cal/Mag therapy next hempy watering day.
Wow I love teads lazy style proven to rock it? Those both raise ph??

Hope things r going good in ur world rad. How r the hempy girls doing u get the cal-mag issue under control?

Not yet really. Still working with double the PH down and a pair of Cal+mag enhanced waterings. The veg Guawi that was crispy is recovering. No change on the Carnival in flower yet.

Radogast me ol mate! Glad to see you're up to you're ol crafty ways ;) Hope you're well and in health my mate:)

I'm well and in health. Thank you.

This update is 2 days old. I was finishing the first draft of a novel (110,000 words), and that was more interested to me than being internet social this week. :)

Haze x Kali China​

Haze x Kali China, 2 weeks in the flower area

20171218_110058-1.jpg

My first hempy in flower, she has marked leaf damage. I believe SweetSue called it a potassium deficiency.

20171218_110105-1.jpg

Unchanged today, I'm hoping a lower PH 'releases' a lockout.

20171221_093021-1.jpg

She seems to be doing her stretch and putting on buds in a usual way

20171218_110116-1.jpg

Carnival at bud set time​

Carnival at 35 days

20171218_104805-1.jpg

In Doc Bud soil, she looks healthy and 'fake'

20171218_104814-1.jpg

Buds are small, but not tiny.

20171218_104829-1.jpg

Typically long, white Carnival pistils

20171218_104840-1.jpg

More cola formation than I usually see at this age.

20171218_104850-1-1.jpg

Carnival at harvest time​

After 68 days, this Carnival was looking more raggedy than usual

20171218_105912-1.jpg

20171218_105917-1.jpg

Main cola

20171218_105944-1.jpg

One of half a dozen top nugs

20171218_110011-1.jpg

One of the smaller nugs

20171218_105955-1.jpg

Pistils are done and trichomes are cloudy. I harvested her.

20171218_105804-11.jpg

Guawi at 12 and a half weeks​

Guawi(87 days) is lanky, floppy, and strong.

20171218_110346-1.jpg

Guawi nugs filled out a bit in the last week.

20171218_110408-1.jpg

She is looking good. Her pistils are mostly fresh and her trichomes crystal clear. She is still drinking a lot of water :)

20171218_110511-1.jpg

Nice update rad! Everything looks nice and on track! Some fake ass looking plants .

Back
Top Bottom