Mine is at around 1.2/5 EC at this point a/b.
And the mag under my LEDs is around 1.1/2 ML to L they get to green I back of to 1ml to L.
I also watch my r/h and fresh air due to how I squeeze them in my space. Don’t know if that any help to you but it’s what works for me with shogun.

Ps I’m not spot on with my pH it’s around 6.0 just under or just over. Never spot on.
I’m in a bucket as you know so it’s not auto feed like yours but sim setup.

Hi Vet ! I'm kind of curious to how well Coco does in the Auto Pots. I quit using Coco because I hated feeding so much in Fabric Pots. But maybe it wouldn't be so bad in a SIP Bucket. I'll be looking forward to how things go for you before I decide whether or not to give it a go. I wouldn't have even considered it, but since I won these Plagron nutes for Coco I just might have to try it. Hate to see the nutes go to waste otherwise.
I am wondering why you aren't pHing to 5.8 though ?
Me too. 😂 Well that's why I hadn't tried coco until now. The regular watering put me off. Then I had the cash to get the Autopots and read that plants did well in coco with them. Just have to feed a little lighter to avoid too much salt build up. They state the salts will build up in the top layer of soil so to make sure not to feed or flush from the top after starting. May take me a couple of runs to get things dialled in I guess.

I had been adjusting pH to 5.8 until now but was advised to not drop below that and I actually read that calmag uptake is better at 6.0-6.2 so thought I'd let it drift up a little and see how it goes.

Mine is at around 1.2/5 EC at this point a/b.
And the mag under my LEDs is around 1.1/2 ML to L they get to green I back of to 1ml to L.
I also watch my r/h and fresh air due to how I squeeze them in my space. Don’t know if that any help to you but it’s what works for me with shogun.
Calmag at 1.5 ml/L? Maybe I should bump that up then.

Rh is around 70% and air exchange should be fine. Running the fan on setting 3 as I normally would.

Appreciate the input from everyone. Bit of tweaking and we'll have them singing again I'm sure. They aren't terrible, just want to make sure they don't keep sliding downhill.

Should start warming up a little soon too so yeah it's not really worth chasing right now. How's your garden mate? Haven't seen you about for a while.
Yeah I'm all good cheers vet.
Took a break from the internet to concentrate on the family...
I had a break from the garden also, but I'm back growing again now. I've got a some 4 week old autos going at the moment.
I think I've finally got a handle on my calcium and magnesium tap water issue, I don't use any calcium at all for the first 7 weeks or so... just adding a little mag here and there to balance the ratio. Might put some photos up later in the auto section.
Good to see you still marching on Vet..hope your family are good also.:thumb:

Yeah I'm all good cheers vet.
Took a break from the internet to concentrate on the family...
I had a break from the garden also, but I'm back growing again now. I've got a some 4 week old autos going at the moment.
I think I've finally got a handle on my calcium and magnesium tap water issue, I don't use any calcium at all for the first 7 weeks or so... just adding a little mag here and there to balance the ratio. Might put some photos up later in the auto section.
Good to see you still marching on Vet..hope your family are good also.:thumb:
I know exactly what you mean mate. I haven't been spending as much time online for a while now.

Interesting about the calmag. I've tried to keep the dose lower with having hard tap water. Don't really need to add anything when I'm using soil but with this being coco, and my first time using coco, I'm learning and figuring out what's needed as we go.

Had too much family drama with the boys this last few weeks. My diabetic and neurodivergent son has been having some issues at school. Kids and parents being horrible. Found out one of the bully kids Dad's has been taking the piss out of his name too. The guy is a copper as well. Utter scumbag that I want to tear to pieces. I know my son is no angel but he tries really hard, is a good kid and doesn't deserve the bullying and harrasment he's been receiving. Hopefully be sorted soon though.

I know exactly what you mean mate. I haven't been spending as much time online for a while now.

Interesting about the calmag. I've tried to keep the dose lower with having hard tap water. Don't really need to add anything when I'm using soil but with this being coco, and my first time using coco, I'm learning and figuring out what's needed as we go.

Had too much family drama with the boys this last few weeks. My diabetic and neurodivergent son has been having some issues at school. Kids and parents being horrible. Found out one of the bully kids Dad's has been taking the piss out of his name too. The guy is a copper as well. Utter scumbag that I want to tear to pieces. I know my son is no angel but he tries really hard, is a good kid and doesn't deserve the bullying and harrasment he's been receiving. Hopefully be sorted soon though.
That's a shitter about your lad, hopefully things smoothen out for the better soon. Concerning times these too.

I don't know about coco but recall it being mentioned to add Calmag first (or something), sorry I can't recall exactly, but it important to add in a certain order. If you know of it, great, but otherwise someone might be able to put it clearer.

Calmag at 1.5 ml/L? Maybe I should bump that up then.
Last time I did Coco I was using 3 ml. per gal. during Veg & 5 ml, per gal. in Flower & never had a Cal/Mag issue. Been a long time since my last Coco grow. I'm kind of hooked on FFOF soil since it's been the easiest for me. The less I have to pay attention to my plants.... the better as I seem to always have a million things on my plate to get done. Now that the wife passed away my job has become never ending & quite frankly.... It Sucks ! LOL.

That's a shitter about your lad, hopefully things smoothen out for the better soon. Concerning times these too.

I don't know about coco but recall it being mentioned to add Calmag first (or something), sorry I can't recall exactly, but it important to add in a certain order. If you know of it, great, but otherwise someone might be able to put it clearer.
Fingers crossed. I'm trying really hard to make sure I go about doing things the right way and not just smash people up. Courageous restraint. Yeah always add calmag first and leave it about an hour before adding everything else.
Last time I did Coco I was using 3 ml. per gal. during Veg & 5 ml, per gal. in Flower & never had a Cal/Mag issue. Been a long time since my last Coco grow. I'm kind of hooked on FFOF soil since it's been the easiest for me. The less I have to pay attention to my plants.... the better as I seem to always have a million things on my plate to get done. Now that the wife passed away my job has become never ending & quite frankly.... It Sucks ! LOL.
Okay so that's a bit more than I'm using. I've just been following the Shogun recommendations. I'm finding that I seem to get on better in soil but like to try different things and expect a learning curve. Sorry to hear about your wife buddy. Hope you're doing okay. The jobs are never ending hey.

Oh mate.. I know the toxic school enviroment very well. I took my youngest out of school for three months because one teacher and assistant got a bit inappropriate.
Shocked not shocked it's a copper giving the grief..pig headed @#*T.

Don't hesitate in getting school governers involved vet. .that sorted some stuff for me.
I've seen parents fighting outside the gates myself..it's a crazy enviroment in British schools now..don't get dragged in to the crazy..if it gets bad take your son out for a break and deal with the governers and head.
Don't forget 'Parent knows best for your child'.
I feel for you on this one from personal experience.

Me too. 😂 Well that's why I hadn't tried coco until now. The regular watering put me off. Then I had the cash to get the Autopots and read that plants did well in coco with them. Just have to feed a little lighter to avoid too much salt build up. They state the salts will build up in the top layer of soil so to make sure not to feed or flush from the top after starting. May take me a couple of runs to get things dialled in I guess.

I had been adjusting pH to 5.8 until now but was advised to not drop below that and I actually read that calmag uptake is better at 6.0-6.2 so thought I'd let it drift up a little and see how it goes.
Morning vet, I'm not sure if @Skunksta does but do you follow anyone else on here that wicks with Coco that I could have a look at? I have seen bottom feeding done with Coco but I'm sure it was on a flood/drain system or it would be organic amendments so no salts. Salts are the issue usually in styles.. and with the water/calmag as you said I would have thought a little extra would have been enough as your using tap water, obviously u used led light in your previous grow and your tap was enough so essentially your just feeding the Coco.

Have you lifted your pots out to see how the wicking system is looking? Not sur if you can pause the feed line and check the bottom of pots as this is where any salt build up would happen. ✌🏽

Just catching up. I wish the "watched" threads didn't drop off.

I find it hard to pick strains to grow. I mainly pick the strains that I "think" I wouldn't mind smoking all year.
With two rooms, I can get in four separate grows per year and it works best for me to keep the same strain in the tray and not mix them up.
This year, I'm growing Acapulco Gold and Fuel D.OG, underway now
I will grow Blueberry and Golden Tiger on this year's 2nd grow. Probably starting July or August.
Your welcome to stop by, everyone's welcome.

Morning vet, I'm not sure if @Skunksta does but do you follow anyone else on here that wicks with Coco that I could have a look at? I have seen bottom feeding done with Coco but I'm sure it was on a flood/drain system or it would be organic amendments so no salts. Salts are the issue usually in styles.. and with the water/calmag as you said I would have thought a little extra would have been enough as your using tap water, obviously u used led light in your previous grow and your tap was enough so essentially your just feeding the Coco.

Have you lifted your pots out to see how the wicking system is looking? Not sur if you can pause the feed line and check the bottom of pots as this is where any salt build up would happen. ✌🏽
I top feed with a drip system to run of hover the run of when its to much.
3 times a day in flower 1L every feed they seem to loving life. :)
Im not a fan of bottom feeding if im honest.
Having the option to clean my bucket out nice and fast and build up of salt is rare
I just know shogun as i have worked with it for years and coco and again I have found salt build up in coco rare
BUT i have never used a wick system.;)

do you follow anyone else on here that wicks with Coco that I could have a look at?
I'm not sure anyone else is.
Yeah I put taps in all the lines so I can switch off/isolate different parts of the system. I can lift the pots out of the base no problem. Autopot claim that the salt buildup will occur in the top layer with this setup, and that's why they say to never feed or flush from the top once the system has been active as it would just force everything down into the roots. They say if required to empty the reservoir and fill it with plain pH'd water to "flush" any issues.

Rust spots on their own would be Ca and intervein yellowing followed by rust spots would be Mg. If you add it to the res, tread lightly as it doesn't take much to move the Mg needle.

Also I think you should put stones under the leaves of the octopus to get them off the soil!
Thanks bud. Well I mixed approx. 1 teaspoon with 1.5 litres of water. I dumped maybe half a litre into approx. 7 litres of nutrient mix in the tank. So shouldn't be toooooo much I don't think. I hope. Lol.

Maybe @Carmen Ray might be doing a Coco wick system or someone on her SWICK Thread. I'd check there.
Thank Buds. I'm not aware of anyone in the swick thread who is running a coco-swick. There may well be someone. It's possibly worthwhile coming along to have a read. The swick thread link is here.

Thanks bud. Well I mixed approx. 1 teaspoon with 1.5 litres of water. I dumped maybe half a litre into approx. 7 litres of nutrient mix in the tank. So shouldn't be toooooo much I don't think. I hope. Lol.
Well 1 tsp (5g) of Epsom salt in 1.5L of water gets you 333ppm of Mg and 433ppm of sulfur. I'd call that almost 10x too much.

For example, full strength veg MC is 1.6g/1.5L, and that's 24ppm Mg. If you see a deficiency at that rate you could bump it with epsom salts to 50ppm and see how it goes, but it would take only .4g on top of the MC to get there.

Well 1 tsp (5g) of Epsom salt in 1.5L of water gets you 333ppm of Mg and 433ppm of sulfur. I'd call that almost 10x too much.

For example, full strength veg MC is 1.6g/1.5L, and that's 24ppm Mg. If you see a deficiency at that rate you could bump it with epsom salts to 50ppm and see how it goes, but it would take only .4g on top of the MC to get there.
Damn.

Back
Top Bottom