Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

I use 7's instead of my 15's mostly due to space constraints along with soil constraints. When I find the strains that will remain in the stable I will go back to using bigger pots but I have been popping a lot of seeds lately in search of the best strains for me. I do not want to waste space or soil on strains that will under perform. I also do not have a spot to veg in the 15s since I am using both of my tents as flower tents right now. The magic of big pots is not lost on me. I have had my best pulls out of my 15s but I need to work though some of these seeds :laughtwo:

Like Drosophila :) ..smaller, more varieties, faster turnovers with much lower light schedules than usual...:)

kit works; and great, IMO.. ..just gotta compensate for soil quantity, root ball, leaves...etc...

YMMV ;)

Re: Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team U

Good morning to ya Stank , Nis, Canna and friends! Stank,..if i may! Everyone here MUST know of my preachings about using as large a pot as you can! Sometimes i feel that all i've said is forgotten or ignored. I have been preaching about using big pots for YEARS now on this forum.....are people NOT listening to me. ................Stank ....to save you time...just go with your 15's . and be done with messin around OK.....i can tell you now..WITHOUT A DOUBT the larger the pot ...the bigger and healthier your plant, with more , bigger buds! End of story.
I feel that Ever since Nis starting using his bigger pots ....growers are going wow ,..look at that ..how do they work ...etc?
It's like i have have been preaching that for nothing...and that no one has listened to me. I will keep using my 26ers...but go ahead .....keep playing with your little pots....everyone will eventually be growing in more dirt....cuz it's BEST!
Top of the mornin to ya 's!

I will eventually get to the big pots brother. My setup isn't great for going big right now...nor is my back. I am growing in a 4x4 tent that is upstairs in a spare bedroom. All my stuff and work bench is downstairs. I generally go in the tent and pick up the pot, carry it downstairs, do any training/trimming/watering etc, and then take it back upstairs into the tent. Now without the back issue I am battling, carrying the girls, even in 15 gallon pots, wouldn't be an after-thought......but with the back the way it is, well lets just say every decision I make is based off what it does to my back.

Also I am kind of doing stuff similar to Yeti, growing to find what strains I like and then going from there. But I think I will be doing that in 7 or 10 gallon pots and then when I find a couple I like, I will try them in the 15 gallon pots and hope that the tent can hold them LOL.

Believe me Duggan, I am a big fan of big containers......just not carrying them up and down stairs with a jacked up back.

Big pots are not light that is for sure Van Stank. They get to be a real pain in the back once they have been watered. It is too bad you cannot get your tent and your work area on the same level at least. Running up and down stairs with potted plants sounds liek it can be tiresome.
Our tent is upstairs as well so carrying 8 gallons of water twice a week to water them is a bit tiresome. But for breeding purposes having it as far away from the main grow is a necessity.

Big pots are not light that is for sure Van Stank. They get to be a real pain in the back once they have been watered. It is too bad you cannot get your tent and your work area on the same level at least. Running up and down stairs with potted plants sounds like it can be tiresome.

just the water weighs over 8 lbs a gallon..

just say'n..:)

Our tent is upstairs as well so carrying 8 gallons of water twice a week to water them is a bit tiresome. But for breeding purposes having it as far away from the main grow is a necessity.

Yeah it makes sense to keep things separate when breeding. I have to lug water down stairs usually 10 or 20 gallons at a time. I need to invest in an RO system...

Hope this make you happy Duggs, I took your advice on big pots, lol. The stalks are huge
420-magazine-mobile2086374315.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1947285474.jpg
. These are in 20's, pot is like 22" wide.

Cool vid nis, thanks

Re: Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team U

Good morning to ya Stank , Nis, Canna and friends! Stank,..if i may! Everyone here MUST know of my preachings about using as large a pot as you can! Sometimes i feel that all i've said is forgotten or ignored. I have been preaching about using big pots for YEARS now on this forum.....are people NOT listening to me. ................Stank ....to save you time...just go with your 15's . and be done with messin around OK.....i can tell you now..WITHOUT A DOUBT the larger the pot ...the bigger and healthier your plant, with more , bigger buds! End of story.
I feel that Ever since Nis starting using his bigger pots ....growers are going wow ,..look at that ..how do they work ...etc?
It's like i have have been preaching that for nothing...and that no one has listened to me. I will keep using my 26ers...but go ahead .....keep playing with your little pots....everyone will eventually be growing in more dirt....cuz it's BEST!

YOU preach BIG pots????

:rofl:

YOU preach BIG pots????

:rofl:

Duggan - received loud and clear good man!
I will be discussing this around here a bit and aiming for the biggest pots deemed realistic by our deliberations - taking our limitations into account .

Wishing all a lovely Sunday!

Big pots are not light that is for sure Van Stank. They get to be a real pain in the back once they have been watered. It is too bad you cannot get your tent and your work area on the same level at least. Running up and down stairs with potted plants sounds like it can be tiresome.

I am not a big fan of having to bend over and pick up 5 gallon pots and carrying them after I have watered. I know its going to be much worse once I am up to 10 gallon pots. Bending down and picking up anything more than about 20 lbs is a task right now. Good thing I have lots of medicine after the last harvest!

I am not a big fan of having to bend over and pick up 5 gallon pots and carrying them after I have watered. I know its going to be much worse once I am up to 10 gallon pots. Bending down and picking up anything more than about 20 lbs is a task right now. Good thing I have lots of medicine after the last harvest!

Build ya a table of sorts, that way don't have to bend over. Mine is 25" tall, puts 20 gal pots at waist high, don't have to bend over. It's just hard to tell when dry, damn things are heavy dry lol

Build ya a table of sorts, that way don't have to bend over. Mine is 25" tall, puts 20 gal pots at waist high, don't have to bend over. It's just hard to tell when dry, damn things are heavy dry lol

I would if there was room......I am growing in a 4x4x6.5 tent. I have work table I built on the main floor of the house. The tent is upstairs in a spare bedroom (with a bed in it so no room for another table/bench) and I can't move the tent downstairs (my small tent for breeding or veg is right next to it) so the tent has to stay where its at and I have to bring them downstairs to do work on them.

I would if there was room......I am growing in a 4x4x6.5 tent. I have work table I built on the main floor of the house. The tent is upstairs in a spare bedroom (with a bed in it so no room for another table/bench) and I can't move the tent downstairs (my small tent for breeding or veg is right next to it) so the tent has to stay where its at and I have to bring them downstairs to do work on them.

A piece of plywood and BAM! The bed is a table :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom