Membrane off and opening up:

20220818_161519.jpg

20220818_161423.jpg
20220818_161435.jpg

Mo
just chilling

20220818_161351.jpg

Mo
and Curly waiting for their last SSC sister....

20220818_161649.jpg
They are looking healthy!!! Great way to get the party started.

NTH

I looove that!
Oh meeeee toooo!! Especially now that I put it up!
Whew! All caught up now. Wish I was unwrapping a nice new light but I'll keep plugging along with my HIDs for now.
I'm sorry Med. I wish I could cut it in half and share. I would. I'm a giver...
I've been switching from hydro nutes to organics using ProMix HP for my base after 20 years of DWC and AN nutes and it's been a adventure with a lot of missteps but starting to get the hang of it. My outdoor autos are doing OK on organics but the indoor has been hit and miss.
See and I'm the opposite with soil first but I don't ever see me doing DWC or Hydro...just can't. I like watching grows though!!
I started using DynoMyco a year or so ago and it seems to help so I'll keep that up. Got lots of Gaia Green and various other things stocked up for the coming winter which is long, dark and f'n cold up here in northern Alberta. Hit -38.1 winter before last and -40 is the same in C or F so you can all understand how freakin' cold that is tho
Jesus...eskimo much?
I've worked further up north as a water hauler in the oil patch when it was -52C so kinda used to it.
You must have grown up in an igloo, I would be freezing although I loathe the heat much more than I hate the cold!
We're at almost 56°N so it's autos outside to finish up early Sept just before the frost tho we've had killer frosts before the end of Aug before.

Definitely watching this one!

:peace:
Hey Med...thanks so much for coming by!! My girls alwsys love company!

Did I hear that you were an old member who left us and came back???!!

They are looking healthy!!! Great way to get the party started.

NTH
Hey there NTH! Miss ya bud, good to see you around my newest girls!! Hope all is well!!

So I did it. TK and I are having a lovely evening of arguing so do what the growers do, puff puff, set up a light, puff puff, look at the babies, puff puff, play in the flower tent with some yoyo's and come on here and puff puff as I type!

But when even all things go wrong, new babies make you :dreamy:

Everyone meet the 3rd and final sister, our 2nd SSC to sprout,

"Larry"

20220818_211259.jpg
20220818_211336.jpg

:happy-birthday: to all of my youngest girls!

This @Mars Hydro SP3000 is all set up and looking fire!

20220818_212249.jpg

I really like the light on/off difference

20220818_212234.jpg
20220818_212607.jpg

An insanely easy set up

20220818_212603.jpg

The new tent is reflective as can be!

20220818_212314.jpg

And here's to the little sprouts from earlier turning into big girls already

20220818_212418.jpg

20220818_212429.jpg

And now we sit under the blue light until tomorrow afternoon when the SP3000 will be turned on.

I'll discuss how I gage Dimmer Percentage tomorrow evening and which app I use to check PPFD numbers. An app that I learned about from @BakedARea and haven't stopped using since!

Thanks for the grow love for these 3 newbs-
MO, LARRY and CURLY

20220818_211429.jpg

I'm sorry Med. I wish I could cut it in half and share. I would. I'm a giver...
Me too. Wife keeps bugging me to charge my sick friends for all the stuff I give them but it just doesn't sit right. They are no richer than me but some are a lot sicker.

See and I'm the opposite with soil first but I don't ever see me doing DWC or Hydro...just can't. I like watching grows though!!

I could never get the hang of growing well in soil so started doing DWC in '01 when hardly anyone knew what it was. I even wrote into Ask Ed at the old Cannabis Culture magazine and he told me he didn't think my idea would work. Changed his tune since. Rubbermaid tubs from the get-go. May get back into it just for the yields. Here's an old How-To I did to show how easy DWC really is especially if you use pH Perfect nutes in RO water. No need to do so many plants at once. lol

Jesus...eskimo much?

Tsk tsk. That's almost like using the 'N' word up here. It's Inuit, pronounced In-U-EE. The Edmonton Eskimos football team recently changed their name to Edmonton Elks. I had to look that one up as I don't follow any sports. :) Edmonton is the provincial capitol here in Alberta.

You must have grown up in an igloo, I would be freezing although I loathe the heat much more than I hate the cold!

I actually grew up in Richmond, BC on Lulu Island in the middle of the Fraser River just opposite Vancouver. Very mild seasons there with lots of rain, (They don't call it the Wet Coast for nuthin'! :) ). Freezing temps or snow was a welcome rarity for us kids. Could have snowball fights in the schoolyard at recess and lunch in those days c. 1959. I too would rather bundle up to keep warm than try to beat the heat. People seem to get upset when I walk around nude in the summer to keep cool. ;)

Did I hear that you were an old member who left us and came back???!!

Yeah but lost my way for a bit then came back as OMU.

Late as usual, but I made it.

Little late, but congratulation on the promotion to product reviewer.

It looks like you are ready for another fantastic grow.
Best of luck to you, but I don't think you need it.

I have some Super Silver Haze and Green Crack seeds, that I made a couple years ago. I may have to look into playing with these. Sounds interesting.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Me too. Wife keeps bugging me to charge my sick friends for all the stuff I give them but it just doesn't sit right. They are no richer than me but some are a lot sicker.
TK (my better half or not better half) is very money this money that. How much money can he charge, make, and tries to press that on me. It's just not how I live my life
I could never get the hang of growing well in soil so started doing DWC in '01 when hardly anyone knew what it was. I even wrote into Ask Ed at the old Cannabis Culture magazine and he told me he didn't think my idea would work. Changed his tune since. Rubbermaid tubs from the get-go. May get back into it just for the yields. Here's an old How-To I did to show how easy DWC really is especially if you use pH Perfect nutes in RO water. No need to do so many plants at once. lol
So what you're telling me is you basically had this idea from before it was an ide??!! This is something I need to deliberate. I just really enjoy the soil! I like doing lots of plants at once, even though my head spins some days!
Oh thank you so much!
Tsk tsk. That's almost like using the 'N' word up here. It's Inuit, pronounced In-U-EE. The Edmonton Eskimos football team recently changed their name to Edmonton Elks. I had to look that one up as I don't follow any sports. :) Edmonton is the provincial capitol here in Alberta.
I hope you will learn to know, that any mean things like that are completely unintentional!! I don't want to make it worse, but I watch Life Below Zero and many are of Inuit decent. Love that show. We have the Washington Redskins that are not the Washington Football Club. Just one of many across the professional sports names that were changed recently for this reason!
I actually grew up in Richmond, BC on Lulu Island in the middle of the Fraser River just opposite Vancouver. Very mild seasons there with lots of rain, (They don't call it the Wet Coast for nuthin'! :) ). Freezing temps or snow was a welcome rarity for us kids. Could have snowball fights in the schoolyard at recess and lunch in those days c. 1959. I too would rather bundle up to keep warm than try to beat the heat. People seem to get upset when I walk around nude in the summer to keep cool. ;)
Lulu Island? That sounds so pretty without even looking! You know once they got their clothes off, they'd sing a different tune!
Yeah but lost my way for a bit then came back as OMU.

Happy to have you back for sure. I love conversation and you seem like you will patronize me with that lol

Enjoy your Friday Med!
Late as usual, but I made it.
I'll be late to my funeral
Little late, but congratulation on the promotion to product reviewer.
Thanks so much Tok
It looks like you are ready for another fantastic grow.
Best of luck to you, but I don't think you need it.
I always need it. Just some positive vibes will do me well!
I have some Super Silver Haze and Green Crack seeds, that I made a couple years ago. I may have to look into playing with these. Sounds interesting.
Oh yes, do it! You know together it's primo stuff! I'm trying to think what you could cross it with after....hmmmmm make a super seed!
Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Same to you Tok. Have a great day

So all set up and under the lights.

I use the Photone App to measure my PPFD.

Screenshot_20220819-092620_Photone.jpg

I keep it under 200 the first day and then go up to 275 at the end of this stage before I consider them vegging and proceed to go up gradually from 300 onwards into flower.

Our first sprouted, MO, was stretching already so instead of waiting for this afternoon, I set them up under the PPFD # you see above.

20220819_093117.jpg

Everyone is happy and has nice color and will just jive here together for a little while as seedlings

20220819_092637.jpg

I use the table for easier access for me, to keep their feet off the ground (I do have a heat mat for fall/winter), and also because I don't have to mess with the pullies so much lol

Until later, happy growing!

20220819_092732.jpg

MARS HYDRO SP3000: UNBOXING

20220818_150600.jpg

For protection, some laminate flooring and plenty of styrofoam

16608508061958211024583975174683.jpg

Replacing my existing unit, a @Maxsisun MG3000, we clearly see the difference I was looking for in changing up one of my bar lights for a strip LED.

20220818_151842.jpg

Driver is in A-OK condition

20220818_150735.jpg

Dimmer switch is just as easy to use as on my FC4800

20220818_151358.jpg

Attention to detail, specs clearly shown on unit, as in all Mars products

20220818_151144.jpg

Enjoying the placement of these diodes very much so

20220818_151100.jpg
20220818_151117.jpg

Nice attention to detail-very snazzy design

20220818_151346.jpg

Be back later tonight with set up pics and the other 2 girls!
Nice light Krissi looking forward to its/your growing results. I think @Mars Hydro make fine products. I’m using aTS-600 but it’s too small for anything but small plants in veg.

Nice light Krissi looking forward to its/your growing results. I think @Mars Hydro make fine products. I’m using aTS-600 but it’s too small for anything but small plants in veg.
Hey Cap. I was blessed to have been able to have the FC4800 which you know but I was so excited to be able to see what this strip light can do; as you said, @Mars Hydro has an incredible line of products. I never ran a small unit from them, but I'm sure at least in veg, that light really does well for the girls at that stage in development!

TK (my better half or not better half) is very money this money that. How much money can he charge, make, and tries to press that on me. It's just not how I live my life

So what you're telling me is you basically had this idea from before it was an ide??!! This is something I need to deliberate. I just really enjoy the soil! I like doing lots of plants at once, even though my head spins some days!

Oh thank you so much!

I hope you will learn to know, that any mean things like that are completely unintentional!! I don't want to make it worse, but I watch Life Below Zero and many are of Inuit decent. Love that show. We have the Washington Redskins that are not the Washington Football Club. Just one of many across the professional sports names that were changed recently for this reason!

Lulu Island? That sounds so pretty without even looking! You know once they got their clothes off, they'd sing a different tune!

Happy to have you back for sure. I love conversation and you seem like you will patronize me with that lol

Enjoy your Friday Med!

I'll be late to my funeral

Thanks so much Tok

I always need it. Just some positive vibes will do me well!

Oh yes, do it! You know together it's primo stuff! I'm trying to think what you could cross it with after....hmmmmm make a super seed!

Same to you Tok. Have a great day

So all set up and under the lights.

I use the Photone App to measure my PPFD.

Screenshot_20220819-092620_Photone.jpg

I keep it under 200 the first day and then go up to 275 at the end of this stage before I consider them vegging and proceed to go up gradually from 300 onwards into flower.

Our first sprouted, MO, was stretching already so instead of waiting for this afternoon, I set them up under the PPFD # you see above.

20220819_093117.jpg

Everyone is happy and has nice color and will just jive here together for a little while as seedlings

20220819_092637.jpg

I use the table for easier access for me, to keep their feet off the ground (I do have a heat mat for fall/winter), and also because I don't have to mess with the pullies so much lol

Until later, happy growing!

20220819_092732.jpg
Hey OldMed , I’m a retired O.T.R.Driver + used to watch ice road truckers. Was wondering if you get paid a premium for being that far north?

Hey Cap. I was blessed to have been able to have the FC4800 which you know but I was so excited to be able to see what this strip light can do; as you said, @Mars Hydro has an incredible line of products. I never ran a small unit from them, but I'm sure at least in veg, that light really does well for the girls at that stage in development!
Does a super job for starting a grow, congrats again on another great product from @Mars Hydro .

Hey OldMed , I’m a retired O.T.R.Driver + used to watch ice road truckers. Was wondering if you get paid a premium for being that far north?

Not really. Camp jobs would usually be 12 hours/day with time and a half after 8. Once did 56 hours without sleep when the rig lost circulation and couldn't get it back. Double time after 12 hours but often had to negotiate with rig bosses to get them to sign off and my boss paid me for what I could bill them. Lot of ice road building too where you might get towed up a cat track by a big cat to get to remote areas. Lot of scary shit over the years. My last job was running Super-B oil tankers in and out of the bush and how I survived that almost makes me believe in god. Guardian angel at least. I worked as a contractor so got my pay without deductions and never did pay taxes for a lot of it.

Camp life sucked tho for the most part. A month or more away from home then pay all the bills when you get paid only to be broke again in a month and then out into the bush again. No chains on the ice roads or they could ban your truck and a body job water truck was making $150 - $200/hr. Sometimes on rig jobs you might run one load a day and lay around in your shack if you had one watching sat TV and smoking pot. Run down to the camp for meals.

Made 400 - $500/day on a lot of jobs and it's not hard work. Road spraying is non-stop tho. Your breaks are the 12 min it took to load the truck and sometimes I could be spin fishing trout or Arctic Greyling. Caught a bunch of those for the camp cook and a few of us sat around to a good private meal with lots of booze flowing. Ate like a king at most camps.

The real job is not as exciting as the ice road truckers show would have you believe. :)

Not really. Camp jobs would usually be 12 hours/day with time and a half after 8. Once did 56 hours without sleep when the rig lost circulation and couldn't get it back. Double time after 12 hours but often had to negotiate with rig bosses to get them to sign off and my boss paid me for what I could bill them. Lot of ice road building too where you might get towed up a cat track by a big cat to get to remote areas. Lot of scary shit over the years. My last job was running Super-B oil tankers in and out of the bush and how I survived that almost makes me believe in god. Guardian angel at least. I worked as a contractor so got my pay without deductions and never did pay taxes for a lot of it.

Camp life sucked tho for the most part. A month or more away from home then pay all the bills when you get paid only to be broke again in a month and then out into the bush again. No chains on the ice roads or they could ban your truck and a body job water truck was making $150 - $200/hr. Sometimes on rig jobs you might run one load a day and lay around in your shack if you had one watching sat TV and smoking pot. Run down to the camp for meals.

Made 400 - $500/day on a lot of jobs and it's not hard work. Road spraying is non-stop tho. Your breaks are the 12 min it took to load the truck and sometimes I could be spin fishing trout or Arctic Greyling. Caught a bunch of those for the camp cook and a few of us sat around to a good private meal with lots of booze flowing. Ate like a king at most camps.

The real job is not as exciting as the ice road truckers show would have you believe. :)

Yeah I’m not real big on cold weather anyways . I had a job hauling produce out of Fl. to the Bay Area for the mob I got paid 22% of the gross and never paid any taxes. 105mph extended hood 379 Pete’s. No log books +no drug tests. He put American trailer out of businesses, bought 100 + never made a payment. We always had to watch for the repo-man. Crazy times back then.Smh

I love that show....
Does a super job for starting a grow, congrats again on another great product from @Mars Hydro .
Thanks so much Cap, they've done me so very well

Can we have a bonfire and listen to these stories on your property somewhere and just smoke some doobs by your garden?
Yeah I’m not real big on cold weather anyways . I had a job hauling produce out of Fl. to the Bay Area for the mob I got paid 22% of the gross and never paid any taxes. 105mph extended hood 379 Pete’s. No log books +no drug tests. He put American trailer out of businesses, bought 100 + never made a payment. We always had to watch for the repo-man. Crazy times back then.Smh
Cold over Hot! But then again, I'm not driving rigs in the cold

Little praying ladies. Keeping PPFD under 200 for one more day then I'll push them up. Right now sitting at 185 on DAY 3 ABOVE GROUND

Humidity 82-85 Temps 74-78

I love that show....

Thanks so much Cap, they've done me so very well

Can we have a bonfire and listen to these stories on your property somewhere and just smoke some doobs by your garden?

Cold over Hot! But then again, I'm not driving rigs in the cold

Little praying ladies. Keeping PPFD under 200 for one more day then I'll push them up. Right now sitting at 185 on DAY 3 ABOVE GROUND

Humidity 82-85 Temps 74-78

I apologize Krissi, I was slightly toasted and didn’t mean to ramble on your thread. I got caught up in the moment.Won’t happen again.

I apologize Krissi, I was slightly toasted and didn’t mean to ramble on your thread. I got caught up in the moment.Won’t happen again.
Oh please! Stop that Cap! I am the Queen of Coral and Rambling!!!

Feel free to open conversation on my threads-make friends!

You’re too sweet, have a great weekend.
I'm just your friendly neighborhood pot growing stoner mom. When I first came here, @West Hippie told me to make friends. It was him and the friends I made that kept me here.

I'd like to keep ya around for a while. Friend up and have a great weekend yourself buddy

I'm just your friendly neighborhood pot growing stoner mom. When I first came here, @West Hippie told me to make friends. It was him and the friends I made that kept me here.

I'd like to keep ya around for a while. Friend up and have a great weekend yourself buddy
I found a family here @420 Magazine I’m not going anywhere.

Good night grow room.

Good night seedlings.

Good night moon.

(Every now and then we all need a nursery rhyme)

...BTW, this positioning gives me even PPFD across the board....

20220820_215130.jpg

20220820_213721.jpg

Good morning room.
Good bye moon.

It's I guess Day 4 above ground, including sprout day as Day 1.

Going out and about today and wanted to make sure the little ladies were well.

Increased PPFD to 205 this morning. We will end up somewhere between 225 and 275 by the time they transition to veg and will begin receiving 300.

They all received a cap full of water at the bottom of their stem. Will be plenty for them for now.

Decreasing humidity as well to get those roots pumping so we are sitting now at 70.

Also mixing up some @Prescription Blend Seedling Mix because I see some seconds coming in! For those unfamiliar with these nutes, you begin its first dose at the onset of 2nd trues.

That's all for now folks!

20220821_083040.jpg

20220821_083035.jpg

20220821_083030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom