Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

Re: Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures and Photos from the Garden - 2012

hey hey XL, what's up man? glad to see your thread still alive :D
I hope all is well here.

I haven't been on much, been building a hotrod :)

kind regards

Hey Naph!

Good to see you brother. A hotrod? Sweet! What vintage? Personally, I love cars from the 60's best (though I usually think of hotrods as being from the 30's and 40's. I've been wanting to buy and restore a 68 Camaro for a long time now, or a 65-66 GTO. I used to have a 65 Mustang that I really miss! It would be a lot of fun to do something older, though, too. Glad to see you around, Naph. :)

Hey X! You sure sound better.....even doing exercises ......Glad to hear it Buddy.....your such a good friend......you sure have helped me a many ah time!:love::thumb:

Feeling is completely, mutual OMM. And you've helped me as well! I'm really working at it. It's all I CAN do. I can't just lay here and rot. One BIG thing you and I have in common? I can barely sit down at all anymore. It's SO painful to sit for more than a few minutes. I never realized how awkward that can be! Life requires sitting, frequently, it seems. It keeps me from being more social, ya know? When I sit for too long, it's like I need to recover longer because of it. SITTING - whodda thunk it?

Thanks for cheering me up and the positivity. You rock!

:)

Glad to hear that you are getting back to doing some stretching and meditating. I know just how hard it can be to get yourself going again, been trying for a few years now myself.

If you need anything just let me know brother. :passitleft:

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm sure you can relate a lot. I'm trying to be "heroic" with my rehab right now. I'm determined to be the healthiest gimp around, and with a little luck, not such a gimp because of it. It seemed like it was working too, but today I feel so rough. I worry that I'm just stuck with this damage, but I'm feeling the need to pull out all the stops and really work at it. For my mental well being as well.

I appreciate the support and empathy a lot HMG. You are a great friend. :thanks:

When I had to rehab my hand I really didn't want to go through all the crap they wanted me to do. It hurt like hell and I just wasn't interested............So, I didn't do it..........After a couple of months after the surgery I had little pain in my hand anymore so I figured hey, I can go out to the garage now and work on my bikes. My hand was totally useless. Went back to the Dr and he said....what did you expect?
I guess my point is. Sometimes ya just have to grit your teeth and grind it out.
I did go into rehab after that and instead of having my handing working correctly in 3 months it took 7. The pain was so bad at night I'd have to soak my hand in a tub of wax. Least it's working for the most part now.
I know ya have the inner strength X. I can read it everytime you come on here and post something. We are all here for ya my friend. If I have to I'll drive there to get you that Lemon Kush clone to help!! Stuff works better then my muscle relaxers!

When I had to rehab my hand I really didn't want to go through all the crap they wanted me to do. It hurt like hell and I just wasn't interested............So, I didn't do it..........After a couple of months after the surgery I had little pain in my hand anymore so I figured hey, I can go out to the garage now and work on my bikes. My hand was totally useless. Went back to the Dr and he said....what did you expect?
I guess my point is. Sometimes ya just have to grit your teeth and grind it out.
I did go into rehab after that and instead of having my handing working correctly in 3 months it took 7. The pain was so bad at night I'd have to soak my hand in a tub of wax. Least it's working for the most part now.
I know ya have the inner strength X. I can read it everytime you come on here and post something. We are all here for ya my friend. If I have to I'll drive there to get you that Lemon Kush clone to help!! Stuff works better then my muscle relaxers!

Nicely said, A1 -

I've done all the rehab they've asked me too, but I'm grasping for straws at this point, and I figure if I can really work above and beyond, at least I'll have done everything I can. I just don't know what else to do, so I'm really going to push myself now that I finally got clearance to do a bit more. Last night was so painful though - like when I was still in the hospital painful. I just hope it's a good pain and not bad pain...

Thanks for the support - I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all that with your hand. Ouch!

The Lemon Kush sounds good alright! :thumb:

I'm really happy to report that all of the plants are looking healthy, and seem to have recovered nicely from the bug treatments.

There is a ton of new growth in the bloom tent (Flo N Gro) and it looks fantastic. Perky, nice color, no curling or twisting - just happy. I'm so relieved to have things rolling along again. I started to lose confidence a bit with how hard they took all the bug treatments. Shoot, it's so worth it though if I actually pulled it off though (eradicating the root aphids). :wood:

My little moms that survived the purge look good again, too. Lots of healthy new growth. The Jack the Ripper is such a pretty little bush. I love this cut, it's a neat pheno in that it stacks nodes tighter than any Indica I've grown, and it's primarily Sativa. Too tight, honestly, as it's really hard to keep it trimmed and defoliated (you can't get your hands in there!)

Finally, not sure if I mentioned it, but all the clones I took for the cloning tutorial I did rooted successfully. Most in about 8-12 days. The Super Lemon Haze were about 12-14 days. I transplanted the Chocolope top into a small airpot to be a replacement mom for the one I lost to root aphids. I also kept a Jack the Ripper cutting and a Super Lemon Haze cutting. I might throw the Jack the Ripper into the bloom tent for a little bonus bud. I put it into a (1 gallon?) Airpot that I bought and was itching to use. I'm going to let it veg a little, and see if I can sneak her in. I'm really liking the JTR to vape. Super creeper weed! :bong:

Also, I believe I mentioned it before, but yesterday was Day 1 of the Bloom cycle in the Flo N Gro. :)

Some pics from tonight:

I'm flowering them pretty early, because I expect all of these could be "stretchers". I know the Deadhead will, but the Chocolope and Super Lemon Haze are both known for that as well (why do I insist on the challenge of mixing these strains btw!). The Chocolope is poised with a bunch of tops already, and the others aren't too far behind. Chocolope is behaving much like the JTR I had last grow (so far) though she'll be a bigger plant I'm sure.

Group Shot
jun_9_1.jpg

Chocolope close-up. Much healthier new growth lately - lotsa tops!!:
jun_9_2.jpg

Deadhead new growth. They've all been topped (ala UBT style), and then I'm tying them down so that the middle will bush up:
jun_9_4.jpg

Some of the vegging moms: Super Lemon Haze, Deadhead OG, and Jack the Ripper
jun_9_6.jpg

Jack the Ripper in veg. Looking much better:
jun_9_5.jpg

Have a good weekend everyone!
:bong:

looking awesome X
glad things are getting better for you and the plants are recovering great!!

Nicely said, A1 -

I've done all the rehab they've asked me too, but I'm grasping for straws at this point, and I figure if I can really work above and beyond, at least I'll have done everything I can. I just don't know what else to do, so I'm really going to push myself now that I finally got clearance to do a bit more. Last night was so painful though - like when I was still in the hospital painful. I just hope it's a good pain and not bad pain...

Thanks for the support - I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all that with your hand. Ouch!

The Lemon Kush sounds good alright! :thumb:

Often times the pain in rehab is as painful as the original pain, but the point is to work that pain out. As with any bone joint, (vertebrae or otherwise) it works if you work it! It hurts like hell when you do, but in the long run you'll be better off.

I'm really sorry for laying the fishing bug on you, I really thought you were more mobile. Can't tell it in your words on here, you're so positive all the time. Guess I should have gotten the salt for my foot before I stuck it in my big mouth... Damn, I'm sorry.

I would like to say though, when you're up to it, the invite is still open. Just take your time, and keep working at it, and we'll have you in waders, and ultralight gear looking for that perfect balance of drag and reel. Nothing like landing a 7lb trout on 5lb line!!

That JTR is looking FAT. Glad to hear the bugs are gone....now back to explosive growth.

Yea X, I used to fish Bass tournaments, strictly as an amateur of course. So much fun. But out here in the freaking desert there just isnt anything. Lake Mead sucks and is super low in water. I really miss it too.

Hey Naph!

Good to see you brother. A hotrod? Sweet! What vintage? Personally, I love cars from the 60's best (though I usually think of hotrods as being from the 30's and 40's. I've been wanting to buy and restore a 68 Camaro for a long time now, or a 65-66 GTO. I used to have a 65 Mustang that I really miss! It would be a lot of fun to do something older, though, too. Glad to see you around, Naph. :)

Hey man, you need to go for it and get one and fix it, or buy it already running :)

I have a 67 GMC short bed step side pickup that I am restoring...

you can see my build thread here - 67 GMC stepper build - C10 Forum

all the best buddy!

looking awesome X
glad things are getting better for you and the plants are recovering great!!

Thanks Chronic - one day at a time! Sure helps My mood to have the plants looking better again. :)

Often times the pain in rehab is as painful as the original pain, but the point is to work that pain out. As with any bone joint, (vertebrae or otherwise) it works if you work it! It hurts like hell when you do, but in the long run you'll be better off.

I'm really sorry for laying the fishing bug on you, I really thought you were more mobile. Can't tell it in your words on here, you're so positive all the time. Guess I should have gotten the salt for my foot before I stuck it in my big mouth... Damn, I'm sorry.

I would like to say though, when you're up to it, the invite is still open. Just take your time, and keep working at it, and we'll have you in waders, and ultralight gear looking for that perfect balance of drag and reel. Nothing like landing a 7lb trout on 5lb line!!

No no, it's okay. I'm fairly mobile, but sitting is painful as hell, which makes travel difficult. Being in pain all the time takes a lot of the fun out of stuff sometimes. Hopefully, it'll get a bit better and I can go back to doing more of the things I enjoy, and actually enjoy them. ;). Thanks a bunch for the invite, mighty cool of you my friend! :thumb:

Nice recovery on the bug battle. Now it's time for your own recovery. Keep it up!

X.....Man, do we love you are what? :cheer:

Your girls are looking sooo much better.....Still can't get used to you having Airpots! :ganjamon:

Hi OMM -

Honestly, I have felt really energized by the love, positivity and support here.:love: I truly think its helped give me strength. Im still riding on that positivity, and feel good about my initial progress with things mentally and physically. Thanks for being there for me buddy! :high-five:

I like the airports a lot, but just realized that I did a couple upside down. Doh! Didn't realize until too late there even was an upside down. But it's definitely a huge pain in the arse I'm going to have to fix. They work much better right side up! I wish there were another smaller size option, but they rock.

:theband:

That JTR is looking FAT. Glad to hear the bugs are gone....now back to explosive growth.

Hi OG!

She just wants to be a compact bush on her own, and branches like crazy! Ill bet if you vegged her big and then flipped her, she'd yield pretty large.

I sure hope they stay gone!

The Chocolope seems like it did explode - its really taken off. I can see the SLH is really going to stretch already in flower... It's such a relief to have things clickin' again. :phew:

Back
Top Bottom