Duggan Does Purple Envy, Star Pupil & Black Cherry Punch With Doc's Gear!

any larger leaves that aren't sugar coated, let them dry and smoke them as is. No need for fine trimming...
just throw them in the jar and let them trim themselves.

Both those approaches is where I ended up. I also read about the dry trim thing, can’t remeb where now, so I was determined to do that. It is more difficult as folks have mentioned (to get the scissors in, and skmetimes the resin makes things stuck to the bud!) and it takes more time like Duggs said. But the washed trim is good to have if you’re smoking it or cooking with it.
So my last 2 plants I did what neiko just described. What happening now is that I have a whole lot of washed trim collecting at the bottom of the jar. It’s weird actually, I can more easily pull of those trim leaves now that it’s cured... much more easily that when I was dry trimming.

Pop a couple extra bovedas in there. :thumb: They'll hold a few grams of moisture, each. That adds up to a lot in a 1-2 ounce jar.

That’s a great tip. Thanks Gray :Namaste:

I used to wet trim. I was talking with Doc in Jamaica and he suggested I try dry trimming. I'm not sure if it was him or I read it somewhere else that the plant is still alive when you wet trim and this causes a response in the plant that makes them smell like hay while they dry. I have since just pulled the fans, washed and hung, I don't even dry trim now. I just throw them in the jar and let them trim themselves. I like that best. I was in a customer's house servicing his AC and spotted the tell tale signs of a grower and I had to say something. We got to talking and he out of the blue asked me how I trim because he said his harvests smelled great when he cut the plant but smelled like hay after trimming wet. I told him what I had learned and suggested he try it. He got ahold of me after his next harvest because he was extremely happy with how it turned out letting them dry 1st. You'd of thought I paid his mortgage off he was so happy and couldn't quit thanking me.

This is why I asked over here. Thanks @neikodog! Would you say dry trimming the way you do is easier than wet trimming? Do you wind up smoking the shake left in the jars?

Another thing that came up on that IG thread was the Boveda packs take away a lot of flavor.

Great discussion, thanks everyone!

Hey man how are you this evening... ?? Hope all is well and just stopped by to get out and about.. Also to thank you personally for all the help you have been for me and some of my buddies... Hacks speaks VERY high ly of you so I will be subbed here till you start a new one.. With that harvest I can see why he pointed me this way... Good shit man... HAGD

Fan65, sit your ass down then,..grab a Stella and a reefer. I am well this day , thanks. Hope your days are filled with lots of smiles and no stress.
So glad i have been of some help ...this neighborhood is just busting with lots of very real and genuine folk with lottsa great info. This journal is winding down these next few days and will soon be putting the four new Sativas in the GR. Hope ya'l will stick around and see . Your words are kind...thank you.:passitleft:

This is why I asked over here. Thanks @neikodog! Would you say dry trimming the way you do is easier than wet trimming? Do you wind up smoking the shake left in the jars?

Another thing that came up on that IG thread was the Boveda packs take away a lot of flavor.

Great discussion, thanks everyone!
When I did dry trim it wasn't bad. I was collecting the sugar leaves to smoke and they pulled right out. I don't do that anymore I just let the jar trim them like i said and yes I smoke the leftover trim. Doc turned us on to that. That's all he smokes is the sugar leaves and sells the buds. They are very sweet, I suggest trying them if ya haven't.

Wow Gray...u hear that....do ya know if that's true...about the Boveda packs?
This whole dry/wet trim thing...great discussion, what it comes down to is one thing....time! If i had more time , i would do a lot more messin with my grow, including harvesting.

I never noticed, and I've using'em for 5 years. :hmmmm: You'd think I would have noticed.

I think something like a low-n-slow cure would have a bigger effect. That's where I'm going if I want to play with terps. That and refrigerated storage.

:bongrip:

I've never had any Boveda packs come out of a jar smelling like anything at all. I would think if they were absorbing smells they themselves would have some smell afterward right?

They have been used to preserve expensive cigars for years and years, I personally think if there was really much truth to them absorbing smells and/or tastes they wouldn't be as popular in the cigar connoisseur circles. On the other hand for us they are just a convenience to help ease stabilizing buds in the jar. I think like most convenience items, it's a bit harder without them but probably a bit better too.

:passitleft:

Thanks everyone for the input! I think it'd be really funny to bring this discussion over to that thread on IG, it could get ugly, ha! :rofl:

Ive only done 1 low and slow and the response from the boss was it was amazing! With my upcoming crop, I'm going to do some low and slow, some dry trim as Neiko does it and some the old fashioned way, wet trim. Not gonna get into cobs just yet, maybe when I grow a sativa. Oh and I use the bovedas and the boss loves her produce! That's all that matters.

@Graytail is refrigerated storage just what it sounds like, put your cured weed in the fridge? Any special prep or anything I need to know?

:passitleft:

There is another brand I've started to use named boost. The boveda packs smelled a little bit off and prompted me to switch.

The way I understand it is that Bovedas contain salt which can rob the scent of the weed.

Like KB I have been using the Integra Boost.

The way I understand it is that Bovedas contain salt which can rob the scent of the weed.

Like KB I have been using the Integra Boost

.... That is also my understanding on those packs as well.... That is why I use my " teabag " method.... Works really well and doesn't seem to take away or add any unnatural smells or flavors at all... For real though... Green days all

Back
Top Bottom