Shottafire's Manic Organic 2kw Perpetual With Supersoil & Teas

Shotta WOW or WIW for Vick lol. Awesome as usual! I find it hard sorting words out when I drop by on your grows.... Honestly your a real Inspiration around here many thanks once more!

Sorry I don't get by as often buddy, its just life is a struggle at moment and trying to get back on an even keel and being busy on her too takes its toll. :) but I love it !

Best of belated buds to you and many congrats on another well earned harvest!

Good day folks.

Its funny its a new year and my garden is finally where it needs to be only problem is I am being run by my garden.

Its ok though since the plants look halfway decent.

Heres some pics from the first week of 2014 in the zone.

various strains and times my head is one big memo right now hahaha

DSCN98072.JPG
DSCN9828.JPG
DSCN9825.JPG
DSCN9817.JPG
DSCN98291.JPG
DSCN9854.JPG
DSCN98773.JPG
DSCN9860.JPG
DSCN9867.JPG

A plus bro, as always I absolutely love seeing your pics. Sorry to ask cause I. Sure you talked about it already but whats the reason for not using the nets anymore?
Happy New Year Shotta

The first tray has finished drying and it is a treat to smoke. The flowers were washed and they are ohhh so clean.

It was a total of 1.4 # or so and the next plants will harvest next weekend with a trial plant harvested this weekend and i am gonna keep the trial plant for further examination it looks good. I will be making some seeds soon and shutting down next holiday season and starting back up for the new year with some fresh new gear for 2015. Perpetual takes planning and lots of note taking. I have like three calendars in different rooms to remind me whats going on at what time.

A few pics of the chaos
DSCN99111.JPG
DSCN9908.JPG
DSCN9899.JPG
DSCN9903.JPG

Some of the new stuff
DSCN9892.JPG

Small little bubba nugs
DSCN9907.JPG

Grape krush
DSCN9898.JPG

A orange
DSCN9923.JPG

Man, trichs everywhere!

Especially on that Orange - what a beauty!

+reps comin' atcha!

Looks freaking awsome can't wait to sed the high brix I to will be running high brix hope by the end of the year have to get enougb for 20 5 gal pots
Hey if you get a chance stop by my first journal again awsome as always

Beautiful brah. Quick question, if you were using 600 watt lamps about how far would you keep the glass on a sealed air cooled hood away from the tops of the plants. People always say a distance from the bulb, or the burning hand trick. I know it's probably a dumb question but I can touch the glass it's slightly warm. In your experience with your set up, if you were using 600s, how far away would you keep the glass lense away?

I used to run my 600 at 12 inches until I noticed that the topmost buds were slow. Then I saw this eye-opening chart. There IS such a thing as too many lumens.

HPSGraphPAR1.jpg

Thanks for the chart. So what are we shooting for 100%

I did some brief research on plant metabolism - was looking into hormone production and movement through the plant - and I learned something that may be illuminating (sorry - jus' had to). :cheesygrinsmiley:

All the leaves use light to produce glucose, which is then distributed throughout the plant. They all pool their glucose. That means that it's not so much which leaves get light, it's how much light the entire plant gets. So the goal would be to flood as much of the plant as you can without stunting the upper growth. Of course, the inverse square rule still applies, so you get the most bang from the closest leaves. I stopped being anal about mine and just leave it at a height roughly 15-18 from any plant.

There are also very skilled growers who set their lights at the height the plant will reach and let them grow up to it. They claim it coincides with the plant's changing need for light as it matures.

[Edit] There are guys who run a 600w cooltube at 8 inches and claim it's not a problem. Mine is an open bulb. But still ... that chart ...

Back
Top Bottom