Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

Rather than add water to the paper after it's in the bin,
soak the paper then squeeze it "dry" and add it to the bin

That's actually the way I normally do it newoldguy. :laughtwo: I'd been celebrating 4/20 Day. ;)

Reps for bringing this important step to our attention. :goodjob:

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

really nice work sue with them teas ect , your garden is looking tip top shape :) ... i was wondering what all the happy 420 was about yesterday , took me to well into the evening to catch on , . duhh !!! :) :)

i found this so ive started to add it to my teas lol... such a lazy sod lately :)

P1060952.JPG

This shot was so beautiful to me I decided it deserved it's own spot on center stage.

image23748.jpg

The diversity of living and decaying mulch fascinates me. I actually caught my breath when I finished cropping it. If I can someday get a shot with worms and mushrooms I'll probably swoon! :laughtwo:

I think the Violet is happy there. :blushsmile: :love:

PS: Violet is my daughter-in-law's name. I've always thought of her as "The Lovely Violet'". She thinks Of me as the mother-in-law from hell. Go figure. I hope this little bunch of violets in my garden can somehow keep me thinking of her in loving terms. It appears to be working so far. I mean really, look at that loveliness. :green_heart:

Hits "Submit Reply" as the doors of the bus open. :laughtwo:

Daily Update: Dark Devil Auto - Day 29

I see a healthy plant. Let's take a look together.

image23750.jpg

I believe she's 5 nodes, working on the 6th. Nice and tightly arranged.

image23754.jpg

Gorgeous leaves bursting out. So healthy in appearance.

image23751.jpg

A vigorous and sturdy stem in development.

image23752.jpg

image23753.jpg

This is a good demonstration of the "trim and drop" school of mulching. Grow plants that benefit the garden, as in nitrogen-fixing clover, and periodically clip them back and drop into the mulch. Recycling. You gotta love it. Beautiful sight, no?

image23755.jpg

One more glance before lights back on.

image23756.jpg

Time to close the curtain.

image23757.jpg

Humidity and temperatures are staying constant. The waiting pot's reservoir took a whole quart to top off. Surprisingly, the Devil's only took about about 1 1/2 cups. I must have given that pot a wee bit more enzyme tea yesterday. Of course she got the obligatory 1/4 turn.

Time to add in some CFLs. I'll work on that.

Dale's prepping for an angioplasty. The hope is to get more blood flow to the healing foot. Fingers collectively crossed. :love:

Have a wonderful day filled with joy and laughter. I combined Buddha Magnum and THC Bomb this morning before I left the house. Second time I did that, and the effect was the same, so I guess I didn't imagine it. I'm oozing an aura of love and joy. Such a cool feeling. :laughtwo::green_heart:

She looks perfect!

:bump:
She looks perfect!
I wore it proudly all day. Had my picture taken by a friend whose daughter is so taken by my MOTM honors that she asked her mother to get one. We had a good laugh about the day. Had a few other people comment, which always opens the door for "Have you visited the site?" One young man did, and was quite tickled to meet me.

Representing. It's what I do.:love:
That's so COOL! and to think we were just talking about this happening two weeks ago. I bet he felt like he met a Movie Star.
PS: I'm still wearing my shirts out. LOL

I've started a new thread, dedicated to the demonstration and discussion of mixing organic soil recipes brimming with life. I invite any and all organic gardeners in our midst to join me in posting the adventure of building our own individual soil recipes. Let's get people fired up about the many ways to build soils that grow our plants for us.

Link is in my signature below.

Hey Duggan. It's going rather well. And you?

Wow! I just noticed how cluttered that signature is. Let me fix that right now.

Dale and I ate a seriously dense cola top, from one of the Bomb's side colas, and I'm buzzing right along Duggan. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Sue, have you looked into topicals or ointments for Dale or yourself? I have a few unresolved sports injuries, and while it won't get rid of the pain, it dulls it down to a tolerable level. Lots of different scents available. Obviously you would want to thoroughly check them out before massaging Dale down though. :Namaste:

Lavender would be nice. Almond oil is an old favorite. What types of topical were you speaking of? My mind immediately went to homemade. :laughtwo:

Can you make pain relieving salves with cannabis?

20150421_165524-1.jpg
20150421_165513-1.jpg

Local company out on the peninsula. Family owned last I knew, my brother is a family friend. Saves me the day trip lol. I use for joint and muscle relief. Have heard great things about using it for migraines too.

Amazing! I never suspected! I may not be able to purchase it, but you can bet your life I'll figure out how to make it. Migraines huh? The daughter is blessed with them. Thanks for that heads up 36. A whole new field to explore.

How to Make a Marijuana Salve

First hit out of the gate was a keeper. DrZiggy - BIG HUG! :love:

Gosh, I have such helpful neighbors.

When you harvest your plants you'll find the experience of preparing it for consumption to be a new one for you Sorenna. Sticks aren't even part of my process. The tiny floral bits and sugar leaves just pull right off with a gentle force and will likely look and feel completely different from anything you have ever purchased. Growers are much more careful in handling their buds than sellers are. My fingers are always sticky when I smoke. :laughtwo:

I save every tiny piece of stick and stem that can't be smoked or easily cooked and ingested. Eventually I'll combine them with some quality buds and make some oil. I plan to use every available trichome and bit of plant material I can. I believe there's valuable nutrition in the stems that may not be available from any other part of the plant. I haven't searched for the science to back that up yet, but it's a strong sense. We're just beginning to learn how much this species has to offer us.

You're going to be a pot snob too Sorenna. It happens to all of us. :love:

I have this Oil recipe. I have never used it. I have only made Cannabutter.

Thought maybe you could use it.

TheCapn said:
Scarfinger68 said:
I would like this recipe. I had a request by a friend to make some "oil". Never done it before but a recipe would be a great start :)

Thanks

Hey scar, good luck with the oil.

1/4oz herb or 1oz trim
1/2 cup of unrefined, organic, coconut oil OR butter
1 teaspoon soy Lecithin

Decarb your herb:

Pre-heat your oven to 215 Decarboxylation is part of the natural aging process of canna.

Chop up your herb as finely as possible with scissors or a grinder. Sprinkle evenly into a glass or ceramic dish.

Cover WELL with aluminum foil, crimping up the sides below the edge. It is important it is sealed well. Use another layer of foil if you want.

Place in oven at 215 f, for 30 minutes. Once your timer has gone off, shut off heat and leave the dish in the oven, open slightly and remove in 10 minutes. Letting it cool down slowly gently continues the decarbing process, while allowing any potential vapor to settle back into the material you'll be working with.

Once removed, preheat the oven again to 215 f.

Melt your coconut oil or butter in a pan on LOW heat, in a pan on the stove. If using butter, clarify it by skimming the milk solids off the surface.

Remove your foil lid from the herb pan carefully.. you'll be re-using it.

Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of lecithin evenly over the surface of the decarbed herb. Then, pour the oil over your herb. Give it a little mix. Cover with foil, and place back in the oven for 45 minutes at 215f. This will be your half-way heating point.

After 45 minutes, remove from the oven (leave it on) and allow the dish to cool for 10 - 15 minutes. Once the temp has dropped and you can comfortably touch the dish, you'll carefully open it, keeping the foil, then press and mash the herb with the back of a large spoon. This just helps loosen up that glandular material as it's breaking down, and helps expose it to the oil.

Replace the foil lid, seal well, and put back in the oven for another 45 minutes. Then shut off the heat and leave in the oven until reasonably cool... this will take about a half hour in a sealed still-warm oven.

When finished cooling, freeze it all for at least 2 hours (longer to get the center if you've made any more than a cup). Remove, allow to thaw to room temp or the shock will break your dish and waste all your precious oil, then place back in the oven for just long enough to liquefy and thin out the oil, for better straining.

Strain the herb out of the oil by running it thru a mesh coffee filter or similar.

You can now consume your oil. Keep in fridge for best freshness. Start with 1/3rd teaspoon to test potency.

Lavender would be nice. Almond oil is an old favorite. What types of topical were you speaking of? My mind immediately went to homemade. :laughtwo:

Can you make pain relieving salves with cannabis?
Remember when I said my hands feel good after making my Canna/Coconut-oil :) lol yes you can make salves and compresses etc :love:

I have this Oil recipe. I have never used it. I have only made Cannabutter.

Thought maybe you could use it.

Originally posted by The Capn
Originally Posted by Scarfinger68
I would like this recipe. I had a request by a friend to make some "oil". Never done it before but a recipe would be a great start
Thanks

Hey scar, good luck with the oil.

1/4oz herb or 1oz trim
1/2 cup of unrefined, organic, coconut oil OR butter
1 teaspoon soy Lecithin

Decarb your herb:

Pre-heat your oven to 215 Decarboxylation is part of the natural aging process of canna.

Chop up your herb as finely as possible with scissors or a grinder. Sprinkle evenly into a glass or ceramic dish.

Cover WELL with aluminum foil, crimping up the sides below the edge. It is important it is sealed well. Use another layer of foil if you want.

Place in oven at 215 f, for 30 minutes. Once your timer has gone off, shut off heat and leave the dish in the oven, open slightly and remove in 10 minutes. Letting it cool down slowly gently continues the decarbing process, while allowing any potential vapor to settle back into the material you'll be working with.

Once removed, preheat the oven again to 215 f.

Melt your coconut oil or butter in a pan on LOW heat, in a pan on the stove. If using butter, clarify it by skimming the milk solids off the surface.

Remove your foil lid from the herb pan carefully.. you'll be re-using it.

Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of lecithin evenly over the surface of the decarbed herb. Then, pour the oil over your herb. Give it a little mix. Cover with foil, and place back in the oven for 45 minutes at 215f. This will be your half-way heating point.

After 45 minutes, remove from the oven (leave it on) and allow the dish to cool for 10 - 15 minutes. Once the temp has dropped and you can comfortably touch the dish, you'll carefully open it, keeping the foil, then press and mash the herb with the back of a large spoon. This just helps loosen up that glandular material as it's breaking down, and helps expose it to the oil.

Replace the foil lid, seal well, and put back in the oven for another 45 minutes. Then shut off the heat and leave in the oven until reasonably cool... this will take about a half hour in a sealed still-warm oven.

When finished cooling, freeze it all for at least 2 hours (longer to get the center if you've made any more than a cup). Remove, allow to thaw to room temp or the shock will break your dish and waste all your precious oil, then place back in the oven for just long enough to liquefy and thin out the oil, for better straining.

Strain the herb out of the oil by running it thru a mesh coffee filter or similar.

You can now consume your oil. Keep in fridge for best freshness. Start with 1/3rd teaspoon to test potency.

Scarfinger68, that is likely the best entry to the room yet. Reps for that one and a hearty welcome to our Merry Band of Gardeners. :welcome:

What a remarkable bit of timing on your part. I was just getting ready to seek this recipe out. I am so grateful. :thanks: I am truly touched. I'll blog this for future use.

I hope you plan to stay with us. I know you've impressed the hell out of me today. What other secrets are you holding there? :laughtwo::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom