The G8-600 - Doc Bud Tries LED Again

It wasn't 2 years ago that I refused to use LED, because I just never saw the results that can be obtained with HID. However, that's changed. The new LED's rival or exceed their HID counterparts and do so with a significant energy savings.

Put a tent in the corner of a cool room, add a panel and grow top shelf cannabis ANYWHERE.

I'm very interested in how this turns out, because my trays have to PRODUCE and everyone has a very high expectation of my product. They'll be upset if I grow crap.

Just the fact that I dedicated an entire tray in my grow space to LED lights is an endorsement in and of itself. I fully expect a repeat of my last LED grow, which gave me some top knotch produce.

I don't use tents anymore, I've upgraded to full rooms. But if I were to build a room based off LED lights I wouldn't need 4 AC units and as many fans as I have. But that start up cost to fill a room with LED lights is outrageous. I would love to do something like that. Maybe in a year or something :)

I don't use tents anymore, I've upgraded to full rooms. But if I were to build a room based off LED lights I wouldn't need 4 AC units and as many fans as I have. But that start up cost to fill a room with LED lights is outrageous. I would love to do something like that. Maybe in a year or something :)

The cost will come down as more people make the switch. I grow in 12x12x10 insulated rooms with 4k watts of HID in each room, along with fans, AC, climate controls, etc. I like isolated areas as opposed to a large, open warehouse type grow. I also like to be able access the plants from 360 degrees, so while I could fit 50% more lights in my space, I find the plants are healthier if they have more room to grow.

I can also catch the rare male or hermie easier when I can inspect the whole crop from all angles easily.

So, normally this tray would have 2K watts above it, with a 600 CFM fan cooling the lights. With the LED's....no fan, and about half the wattage, along with less AC needs. I expect I'll save about 30-40% on electricity...maybe more.

If the quality is there, this grow will probably convert me.

I've also toyed with the idea of primary LED lighting and also hang a couple bare HID bulbs around the place to supplement if needed. The HID flowers tend to be a bit more dense.....up to this point in my experience. I suspect that is going to change this grow.

At some point, however, a person has to go outside and look up and that great big ball of fire and realize the sun's light is the best light.....how about LED's supplementing on cloudy days in the greenhouse?

I want to try packing some LED's in with my 6-1000w HPS. I bet that would BOOST the ladies. I think I'm going to look into getting a few :)

Doc...i gotcha bro....I am 100% sure that after this grow with only led's ....you will retire your HID's literally as fast as you can!!Of this i am sure! I am also sure that this grow of yours,on this tray will equal or surpass all other yields that came before! There is no longer any doubt in my mind after watching my own grows over the last 25 yrs. or so and with my present last few grows.G8 (Dorm Grow) has a very competitive product ,and they're pricing is decent.YEE Haa. I have yet to find out something about all my LED's. that i don't like!They are the future....NO doubt about it bro! Hey...have a great day Doc...and glad to see your at ,or near 100% again. Hope your stress level has gone down a little as well.Cheers:adore:

I forgot how happy the plants seem under LED. They're on day four after transplanting and they look to be over the "sleepies" and starting to get some good posture. Pics are in the dark, cycle of course. They perk up really nice about an hour before lights are on.

Grape Ape closer to camera, Purple Cadillac in background. Four of each.

IMG_61892.JPG

IMG_61902.JPG

IMG_61884.jpg

HI Doc first time poster on your threads. Nice plants I'm subbed! I like to see all LED grows as I am sold on them until something more energy efficient shows up that's not millions. I'm so happy to see what an experienced grower can get from LED. I currently have a grow with all LED going on in week 5 and 3. I was wondering if you could look at it answer my latest questions regarding PH problems. Or let me know if my plants have UM problems (other than the mutated 1). Thanks DOC cant wait to see the results.

HI Doc first time poster on your threads. Nice plants I'm subbed! I like to see all LED grows as I am sold on them until something more energy efficient shows up that's not millions. I'm so happy to see what an experienced grower can get from LED. I currently have a grow with all LED going on in week 5 and 3. I was wondering if you could look at it answer my latest questions regarding PH problems. Or let me know if my plants have UM problems (other than the mutated 1). Thanks DOC cant wait to see the results.

Do post a link to your journal and I'll do what I can.

Here's an update.

It's early bloom and the plants seem to be well rooted and healthy. I don't see a bad leaf in the bunch, and their posture is now quite perky and "athletic" <----pure BS term but somehow fitting....which is the norm for high brix plants.

The lights are easily covering this tray. I probably have more light than I need, but I suspect that as long as I keep the plants healthy and supplement Co2, we should get something nice.

IMG_62353.jpg

IMG_62222.JPG

IMG_62215.JPG

IMG_62205.JPG

I can't get over the hue of green those plants have, it's just a perfect color. Beautiful ladies under that led Doc.

Hey man, you stole them words right out of my mouth. What gives? Yeah Doc, what he said x2

Now THAT, my friends, is beautiful cannabis!
Doc, did Platinum send any offers your way yet? Im still at a toss up between the two but I know my Mars' days are numbered. I can't be home for a while but I hope, when I do get home, that those g8 90 ufos are blowin up my girls skirts and making them all frisky lol
We'll see I reckon :)

Hopefully the budding will be just as impressive!! How long till we some white pistols?

I expect about a week from now we'll see some pistils.

Now THAT, my friends, is beautiful cannabis!
Doc, did Platinum send any offers your way yet? Im still at a toss up between the two but I know my Mars' days are numbered. I can't be home for a while but I hope, when I do get home, that those g8 90 ufos are blowin up my girls skirts and making them all frisky lol
We'll see I reckon :)

I entertain offers from many companies! I choose carefully, because I need to grow the best I can possibly grow. T

These G8 lights have a great spectrum, high PAR, UV, and with the UFO, boosted red.

I only have one issue with them:

The LED's run on 220 or 110, but the UFO's only run on 110. That sucks, IMO, because I have one of those switches that turns on 4 lights at a time on 220.....which means I need a seperate circuit for the 110....which is a PITA.

They really need to put a little piggy-back plug on the large panels so the UFO can just plug right in. Other than that, I love these lights!

And, despite my bitching about plugs (whaaah, whaaah, no plugs) the G8 performs its most important task----growing my plants---very, very well!

Back
Top Bottom