• Insanerooster - Outdoor Sativa

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Light Addict - Critical Sensi Star

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • CA215 - Sage n Sour

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow! That is one very steep & high mountain to climb if anyone had any aspirations to go for next years competition. You people are not just great gardeners, you are master artists :circle-of-love:

I'll probably just go back to watering the pumpkin patch & tomatoes, glancing over the fence in envious awe...

...for now :grinjoint:

Vis vobiscum

No question ALL of these plants are simply amazing.
I chose Light Addicts plant because it appears he got the most out of a small space.
Being an indoor guy this resonates w/me.
LA...dood, ya killin it! :adore:

Congratulations Graytail, your care has produced a spectacular plant!

Congrats to Graytail! :clap: What a nailbiter! :popcorn:

:yahoo:

Hot Damn!!! :party:

I can't believe it!! I am SO stoked!! :slide::yahoo::eyebrowsmile:

Wow, what a contest! I thought I was toast again and again, when Light Addict would get a string of votes. There was one streak of 9 votes with nary a single one for mine. Argh! Agonizing! Then, out of the blue, I'd get a string and pull ahead and start to feel pretty darned good about it and then ... Argh! ... I'm SO glad it's over. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Heheh, I would have been almost as pleased if Light Addict had gotten his two in a row. I mean, sheesh, I'm going against a guy who's won POTM three times. :laughtwo: Three times! It would have been great to see you get it this year, too, Addict. :bravo:

As many of you know, much of the credit has to go to Doc Bud's HiBrix kit. Three of this year's POTM winners were grown with that method. :cheesygrinsmiley: I've been using the kit now for over a year, and I haven't turned out many bad plants. Sometimes, I get a spectacular one like Destroyer. For those who would like to try a purely organic soilgrow, I recommend it without reservation. You'll produce some weed like you've never had before.

My Intelligent-Gro LED panel also performed very well in its sunrise sunset mode. This plant was grown under 540 watts of 10-band spectrum, easily outperforming my 600W hps.

And of course, it helps to have incredible genetics. :laughtwo: This Destroyer came with a reputation already. Those who've seen the reviews and pics on s'finder know what I mean. It's a pure sativa - Cannabiogen's Meao Thai crossed with Mexican Oaxaca x Colombian Punto Rojo. I posted a smoke report on my journal, and I'll repeat it here for you - it's a great strain!

Destroyer by Cannabiogen - Smoke Report:

I think one of the reasons I haven't done an actual smoke report of Destroyer yet, is because it's been such a splendid plant to grow and harvest and smoke and, as it's cured in the jar its terpenes have continued to mature. I've had a hard time getting a grip on it. I can turn to Carnival with its powerful amphetamine buzz, or Utopia Haze for its easy peaceful feeling - what is it about Destroyer that keeps bringing me back?

When this Destroyer reached full bloom it began to give off a consistent and especially pure blueberry scent. I'd be reaching around plants to water or spray and they'd fill the air with their various aromas as I brushed against them, but the Destroyer would overcome everything else with that blueberry - poof! - blast-o-blueberry. Puzzling, because I associate blueberry with a Skunk pheno, Afghan x Mexican/Columbian, while Destroyer has no Afghan indica, only Meao Thai. But there it unmistakeably was. But after a few weeks in the jar, the blueberry has disappeared as the terpenes have gone through a fascinating progression. I dried it when humidity was dropping rapidly, so it got a fast 2 day dry on the stems and then went into the jar with a Boveda. The large buds and stems were still moist so they gave the entire jar a slow cure. It's kinda fun to open the jars now because ambient humidity is in the 20s, so you get a really great nose hit when the humid jar air wafts out. So ... get this ... Destroyer now has the perfect aroma of a freshly opened package of ... Fig Newtons!! For reals!! The wife and I were passing the jar back and forth lifting the lid for hits, and she said "Fig Newtons!" and yup - perfect description! You get that sweet packaged pastry topnote with something fruity and dank underneath, the topnote fades and you're left with sweet dried fruit - fig, plum, something in that flavor range. Terpenes be fascinating!

So, I pluck out a fresh nug. It's fairly firm for a pure sativa, and the sugar leaves wrapped around it are supple and gritty and covered in trichs. I honestly don't think the leaves smoke any differently than the calyxes - same trich density, basically. The first hit doesn't really stand out from the crowd. The flavor is subdued and typical of a fruity sativa - not particularly citrus though - very little tang compared to UH, which is very limey. This flavor is in that fig/plum family, with a creamy soft exhale.

DSCN70401.JPG

When the buzz hits, it's the warm and enveloping, dreamy one. This is one of the "friendly" sativas - no sense of anxiety or disorientation. I'm perfectly content to just hang out. The early buzz promotes talkiness, the kind of high that would fire up a small group of people - sudden animated chatting and giggling. It'd be a good time to go find some snacks, too. It has a good punch - not the strongest I've had, but just perfect for the character of the buzz. It wraps you up and opens your senses, but you can still navigate the world around you acceptably well. It'd be great party pot. By myself I prefer to start with it and then switch to the buzzy Carnival when Destroyer's dreaminess turns to ... hmm ... let's call it inertia - that tendency to remain where you are, doing what you're doing. It's not really sedative, just ... inactive. As the high ages, it slowly wears off with no particular crash.

All in all, this is one of the better strains I've smoked. I feels pure and retro and special, similar to the purple Panama pheno I got, and it has the full fruitiness that I loved in my Jamaican Dream without the indica taint. It definitely fills a niche in my collection and currently ranks near the top. Kudos to Cannabiogen!

And here are some more pics for your viewing pleasure ... :smokin:

DSCN66931.JPG

DSCN6697.JPG

DSCN6744.JPG

DSCN67543.JPG

DSCN67642.JPG

DSCN6769.JPG

Thank you all for your votes! I was ecstatic when I won POTM, but I never expected this! I feel privileged to be a part of this community as it is. Having two jars is ... I have no words ...

:Namaste: I love you all! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom