Alaskan1 Sativa Dom Flo n Gro Tent #2

I have something that has me stumped !

IMG_036317.JPG

It's not root rot. Roots are as white as can be. Just started the other night. That is what I skimmed off the top of the water...........any ideas?

It does look like pollen... Conifer pollen. Have any evergreens around you? Xlr8 may know more about this froth crap... he runs Flow-n-Grow

It does look like pollen... Conifer pollen. Have any evergreens around you? Xlr8 may know more about this froth crap... he runs Flow-n-Grow

I have fricken evergreens trees all over the place. I'm surrounded by them lol
Pollen would cause my res to bubble like that? I currently have the IONizer going in the room to try and clean the air a bit. Perhaps I should close the window.

IMO, stop the h202, stop the orca. keep the water temps good, add to res regular nutrients as needed with hygrozyme for 4 days. DO NOT look at roots for 4 days. Again, 4 days no orca OR h202. Important part of this test.

If the foamy bubbles are gone after 4 days, keep up the routine without using h202 or orca.

**I am suspicious of orca in all honesty. Firstly, I cannot find what's in it on any website including the manufacturer. I have a likely candidate to replace it if this clears up. Secondly, I really think the h202 is going in strong and killing good beneficials and creating this foam. Thus it's doing two things. making you think root rot, and wasting your money killing any benenfit of hygrozyme and/or orca.

I would say 3 days, but then at two you might think it hasnt worked and do something. So I'm picking 4 hoping you'll go at least three! (I really think 4 is good).

IMO, stop the h202, stop the orca. keep the water temps good, add to res regular nutrients as needed with hygrozyme for 4 days. DO NOT look at roots for 4 days. Again, 4 days no orca OR h202. Important part of this test.

If the foamy bubbles are gone after 4 days, keep up the routine without using h202 or orca.

**I am suspicious of orca in all honesty. Firstly, I cannot find what's in it on any website including the manufacturer. I have a likely candidate to replace it if this clears up. Secondly, I really think the h202 is going in strong and killing good beneficials and creating this foam. Thus it's doing two things. making you think root rot, and wasting your money killing any benenfit of hygrozyme and/or orca.

I would say 3 days, but then at two you might think it hasnt worked and do something. So I'm picking 4 hoping you'll go at least three! (I really think 4 is good).

Well this is the grow without the root rot issue. On the other grow thats in flower that has the root rot issue I have done what you just described.

Sometimes I jus dunt know where I am. I think I'll have my mom's Alzheimers early.

Yeah close the window. Eerie how I placed the pollen, ain't it?

It is........you can see the pollen sitting on our cars outside and my wife said..." wouldn't we see pollen sitting on top of the resevoirs if this was the case?" She has a point. How did the pollen get inside the res when it has a lids and is closed 99% of the time.

Good question. Is each individual pot sealed airtight? As the water level falls after each fill it draws air down, including spores, dust, pollen and such that is hanging in the air. This gets trapped in the wet hydrotone, of course, but when the next fill occurs, it is washed off the substrate and into the system, and eventually into the res.

Good question. Is each individual pot sealed airtight? As the water level falls after each fill it draws air down, including spores, dust, pollen and such that is hanging in the air. This gets trapped in the wet hydrotone, of course, but when the next fill occurs, it is washed off the substrate and into the system, and eventually into the res.

Yes, I hadn't thought of thatand of course you are right. +reps to you if it will let me!

Hmmm, but it doesn't seem like there would be enough exposure to pollen to cause that does it? Unless it's being pulled in through the intake somehow? I mean, I know it is fine and can penetrate tight spaces, but I'm guessing unless the intake could be pulling it from somewhere, that's not it. On the other hand, if the intake is pulling from someplace the pollen gets to, maybe there's something to that? Not to be a doubter, but I've had my car thick with pollen outside, etc, but not a hint of pollen dust on my plants. But... everyone's space, situation, is different...

I've never had any kind of foam build up like that. Can you tell me all of the nutrients and additives you are using in this grow out of curiousity? I'd lean toward something you are adding to the mix causing it, or interacting to cause it, but I've never had anything like this. Are you using any h2o2 with this round/group? Shoot, you've had some real curve balls thrown at you A1!

Sorry for being so late to this party -- I've not been around as much lately, but hope to change that. :)

Well the plants just started the 4th week of veg and have gone nuts. I need to do something quick as the plants have enchroached each other already. These plants drank like 4 gallons overnight. I opened the tent tonight and my jaw dropped they bushed out so much. They look like they have a liitle "N" deffiencey so I bumped the nutes to 3/4. I can see a tad bit of burn on just the tips but thats about it. I wanted to defoliate and LST them but wasn't sure if it was too lATE TO DO THAT. i PLAN ON TURNING THEM IN A WEEKS TIME. iF i CAN i'LL GET SOME PICTURES UP

Back
Top Bottom