Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

re: Another Brix In The Wall - Sweet Pink Stink & Girl Scout

So doc gave me the go ahead to wait until they dry out before I give them the rescue which should in a little over a week, say 8-10 days.

I haven't seen them this perky in a while, praying to the light like we like to see.

IMG_20171106_212321_1.jpg

IMG_20171106_212303_1.jpg

IMG_20171106_212250_1.jpg

Thinking of using the heating contraption seen below but looking for advice, Duggan or any other sparkies that want to chime in. I have a space heater but it's 1500 w and has been tripping the breaker (really tripping the power strip, not the breaker.) I've been looking for a lower watt heater but not really sure what to get and thought this thing may do the trick.

Funny story behind the heating contraption. I bought a lake house in the great "white" north (very cold and lots of snow) and the guys I bought it from were older brothers that used the place mostly in the winter for snowmobiling and getting away from the wives (no phone or Internet when they owned it) they liked to keep a bunch of beer there but if just left out it would freeze so they were putting it in the basement with a space heater on a thermostat but that meant they had to go down there to get the beer so they decided to install this heater in the fridge to save about 10 steps and the effort of hauling beer up and downstairs.

My gf used to like to keep our living space (where the tents are) pretty warm but now she prefers it on the cooler side so the tent has been getting down to 64 since it's getting cold out here.

Thoughts about using this heater, it's got a heating coil and a built in thermostat?

Also, I need to install a plug to the cord and while the cord itself seems like it's pretty heavy duty, there are only 2 wires so I'm wondering if I should get a new cord with 3 so it can be grounded?

image19819.jpeg

Ween, so glad you asked bud! Yes, get a new 3 wire cord w/a green conductor (ground). Do ya see that screw on the inside of it there.right next to the 'knockout' hole..looks like it might even be a green screw??...that is where to put the ground , or green wire, OK! make a small hook in the end and put it underneath that screw...now it's grounded , so if there is a problem it will simply 'trip' the breaker , instead of possibly killing you ...yikes, especially if your standing on a damp floor or your hands are sweaty ...a big no , no!
try to keep the night time temps as close to room temp (68-70F) as possible OK!
You say it tripped the breaker in the power strip itself....what else is in that strip??Remove all other devises from that strip OK! Keep in mind , 1500 watts is a full circuit and requires one all by itself as 110-120v divided into 1500 is 12.5, - 13.5 amps which is max . draw on a 15 amp circuit. DO NOT put it on a 20 amp breaker either OK...the rest of the wiring is NOT 20 it's only rated for 15 so....understand bud?
That is a T Stat and will work for you just fine , providing you have hooked it up properly....cheers Ween .

Thanks Duggan! I think I'll give it a try because I really hate the space heater I have. It's electronic and if the electricity goes out, it defaults to 95 degrees, why would they do that, crazy! The other thing I can try is I have one of those under rug heaters, it's about 5' by 7' and I could put it under the tent and the rug. The only problem with that is there is not t-stat but it doesn't get that warm, probably just enough to keep the tent in that 68-70 range. I will be careful with the heating contraption, thinking of hanging it near my small fan so the warm air will circulate.

Thanks Duggan! I think I'll give it a try because I really hate the space heater I have. It's electronic and if the electricity goes out, it defaults to 95 degrees, why would they do that, crazy! The other thing I can try is I have one of those under rug heaters, it's about 5' by 9' and I could put it under the tent and the rug. The only problem with that is there is not t-stat but it doesn't get that warm, probably just enough to keep the tent in that 68-70 range. I will be careful with the heating contraption, thinking of hanging it near my small fan so the warm air will circulate.
ok...great....use the floor mat heater....perfect. Prolly only draws a few amps.Forget the 1500w heater.cheers....in a hurry..

I think I wired it wrong, wired it up and plugged it in had t-stat at about 70 and when the coil did not heat up I turned it up to 90 and still nothing, when I turned it down below 60, heard a click and bam circuit breaker popped. I'm guessing that if I switch the black and white wires that will be correct but will still pop the breaker so will probably not be using this contraption.

Instead, I installed the under rug heater under the tent AND instead of having the intake duct sitting on the floor, I moved it up to the top of the tent, I'm hoping these two tweaks will get my night time temps up.

Since I flushed about a week ago, the plants had some seriously fried/dried up leaves, not good, I trimmed the, off and did the rescue drench, each plant got 1.5 gallons of water with 45ml of TP and 2.5 ml of tea. Wish me luck. I'd really like to flip these girls soon.

image19820.jpeg

Fingers crossed all goes good

Thanks DS! Feeling good but will see where they are in a few days.

Since the rescue yesterday they're looking good but damn 135ml of TP between the 3 plants is really really stinky when I open the tent, thank goodness for my can 33 filter, keeping the stank inside the tent! Low at lights out was 68, hoping that's good. Here they are today, hoping they continue to look good.

IMG_20171113_180431_1.jpg

IMG_20171113_180441_1.jpg

IMG_20171113_180451_1.jpg

IMG_20171113_180500_1.jpg

Evenin Ween, our girls,...we sure give em lots of lovin eh...:tokin:...Ya TP really smells fishy with a strong organic type of stink..lol. Yes, the Can33 is a champ , for sure. Mine is still working great after more than 5-6 yrs.
Your lights off coolest of 68F is just about perfect bud . They say around a 15 degree difference from day /night is just about perfect with a 40- 60% RH. Sounds like you got it under control.
As the days go by, you should see less burning on the tips and more/nicer color in the leaves. I would recommend only water with a lil Tea for the next couple/few waterings. That soil is loaded,..keep that in mind. Tea and straight water will be best a while now. If they recover ,..then in ten days or so, after those , just water drinks , give them some GE , but not until then.
Ween, i'm just sayin ..ok..this is what i would do. Your problem is very , very similar (same) as mine.Anyhow, have a most enjoyable night would ya,...:passitleft:

Flip has been made. Wish us luck getting to 70ish days. The good news is this long veg gave the stems time to thicken up unlike my previous money makers.

Get ready to not see any pistils, only calyxs. :passitleft:

I'm super excited about how these gals have turned around so wanted to share a couple pics. I wanna get some non purple pics, during bloom, is it ok to snap a couple flash photos right before lights on or is that asking for trouble?

IMG_20171119_231653_1.jpg

IMG_20171119_231703_1.jpg

Lookin' good Ween! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom