BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

Happy weekend everyone!
I'm doing some data housekeeping today. I realized I hadn't finalized my Lab Rat girls. Way back in January we had some bagseeds that we decided to soak because we were too anxious for the growing season too get here. We popped five seeds from a friend's Trainwreck buds, and also a single seed that was found to be on the previous season's Sour Diesel grow. All seeds sprouted which we were excited about since we had never grown from seed before.:yahoo:

Of the 5 trainwrecks, one was stunted from getting put in FFOF from the get-go and came out too hot -- leaves were crinkled and deformed - at least that's what my assumption was, but I could be wrong. Another came out the same way, but wasn't as bad. We tossed the worst one - the other recovered. I know most folks do not have any issue with sprouting seeds directly into FFOF, but I felt it affected my seedlings.

We ended up with 2 males and 2 females for TW and the SD was also a female. We kept one female TW and the SD, gave the other female TW to a friend and tossed the two males. We experimented with LST, topping at various times and places, and threw them outdoors on the first day of Spring -- they promptly went into flower 10 days later. They also eventually went to reveg and I was forced to do the daily schlepping of plants into and out-of the dark shed to get them back into flowering mode. The charts below actually did a pretty good job of identifying the reveg and flower modes as suddenly I observed new growth trends (especially Trainwreck) after being very stable for a while.

Sour Diesel #2:

The dried weight came out to be 117 grams of buds and 19 grams of trim. The smoke was very much like that of its mother and seemed just as potent. We were quite happy with the results of this plant - we learned some good stuff and as a bonus, we got a good yield of very smoke-able buds. :yummy:
Growth chart 13.jpg

Trainwreck:

This plant went in and out of veg a couple times and was actually back into reveg again when we decided to harvest it. In total, this TW vegged for 67 days (no counting reveg) and flowered for 135 days - 19 weeks! o_O
Growth chart 12.jpg

In spite of all the stuff we did to her and kept her in a small 3 gallon pot the entire grow, we actually got a really nice yield out of her - 143 grams of buds and 73 grams of trim. The smoke is surprisingly good and quite potent. It's a creeper high that takes you by surprise so we need to be cautious when smoking this one. :Rasta:

Wowza! Beauty buds and awesome harvest Beez! I noticed that bowl trimmer on your table in the one picture! Do you like it? I’ve been looking into getting one in the future because harvesting 9-10 plants every 3 weeks will become very hard on the hands lol! Do you find it works well and is easy to clean?

Otherwise fantastic harvest and keep up the awesome work brother!

Super yield out of a 3 gallon pot!
Wow, those are some amazing looking buds!!
Nice job Beez... great looking buds :thumb:
Very nice! Very nice indeed!!!
Even the side colas are stacked, super job Beez!
Wowza! Beauty buds and awesome harvest Beez!
Thank you so much, everyone! :circle-of-love: We originally weren't planning to keep them long enough to harvest, and were not even going to feed them any extra nutrients as I promised my wife that we were only going to grow 3 plants this season (ended up with 7 plants at one point). These were supposed to be a side project to keep us busy until Spring. Plans changed :cheesygrinsmiley:. And since we kept them small, my wife was ok with it. :hug:
I noticed that bowl trimmer on your table in the one picture! Do you like it?
That harvest was the first time trying it out. So far we really like it - probably saved us at least 2 hours of trimming that night. I have more pictures (before and after) and a mini review on page 34. It works best on smaller, rounder buds so we deconstructed them from the stems more than we might have otherwise. Since I have a drying basket, not being able to hang the buds on a line, wasn't a big deal for us.
The true test will be on my two big girls once they are ready for harvest. I'm anticipating at least a pound of bud from each of those plants, and that trimmer could be saving us 8 hours of work or more. I'll post better pics when that time comes - maybe even a video. :cool:

Thank you so much, everyone! :circle-of-love: We originally weren't planning to keep them long enough to harvest, and were not even going to feed them any extra nutrients as I promised my wife that we were only going to grow 3 plants this season (ended up with 7 plants at one point). These were supposed to be a side project to keep us busy until Spring. Plans changed :cheesygrinsmiley:. And since we kept them small, my wife was ok with it. :hug:

That harvest was the first time trying it out. So far we really like it - probably saved us at least 2 hours of trimming that night. I have more pictures (before and after) and a mini review on page 34. It works best on smaller, rounder buds so we deconstructed them from the stems more than we might have otherwise. Since I have a drying basket, not being able to hang the buds on a line, wasn't a big deal for us.
The true test will be on my two big girls once they are ready for harvest. I'm anticipating at least a pound of bud from each of those plants, and that trimmer could be saving us 8 hours of work or more. I'll post better pics when that time comes - maybe even a video. :cool:
Awesome! Thanks Beez please do!

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by, JCTJ. Glad to have you join us!

Video definitely in the plans - once we get the two big plants ready for harvest. Last night was a good test run and the consensus is "We really like it"! We (4 of us) trimmed about 5 (maybe 6) ounces of bud last night in about 2 hrs start to finish. Already we estimate it saved us all about 2 hrs each! Here's a few pics:

Still a little bit of a learning curve - how fast to turn the handle, how many rotations is best - but all in all we are pretty happy with it. It's listed on Amazon for about $120 (US), but @Liquidintel bought it on ebay (new) for $90.
This is a sweet contraption! Up here in the great white north those things run close to $300 o_O

I need to do more research lol

At $90 (US), it was a no-brainer to try out. This was the brand/model info for it:
iPower GLTRIMBOWL16M 16-Inch Leaf Bowl Trimmer

Yikes! Was only $107 here when I checked this morning.

Oh - that’s about the same as it gets to here. Canada and Australia seem to do the same thing with pricing on products out of the US... practically double the price - prolly think it’ll get ‘hidden’ in the crappy exchange rate. But the increase is always a ton more that the exchange rate, and more than you’d expect taxes and import fees to add in (although I really have no idea how much that should be) One of those would cost me 180 plus 80 shipping... (from the rain forest Au site) I was thinking about it as well! Guess i’ll see if there are other options.

Oh - that’s about the same as it gets to here. Canada and Australia seem to do the same thing with pricing on products out of the US... practically double the price - prolly think it’ll get ‘hidden’ in the crappy exchange rate. But the ncrease is always a Tom more that the exchange rate, and more thatn you’d expect taxes and import fees to add in (although I really have no idea how much that should be) One of those would cost me 180 plus 80 shipping... (from the rain forest Au site) I was thinking about it as well! Guess i’ll see if there are other options.
Yea it’s crazy how expensive they are! I’m trying to shop around for a cheaper price or discount!!!

Happy weekend everyone!
I'm doing some data housekeeping today. I realized I hadn't finalized my Lab Rat girls. Way back in January we had some bagseeds that we decided to soak because we were too anxious for the growing season too get here. We popped five seeds from a friend's Trainwreck buds, and also a single seed that was found to be on the previous season's Sour Diesel grow. All seeds sprouted which we were excited about since we had never grown from seed before.:yahoo:

Of the 5 trainwrecks, one was stunted from getting put in FFOF from the get-go and came out too hot -- leaves were crinkled and deformed - at least that's what my assumption was, but I could be wrong. Another came out the same way, but wasn't as bad. We tossed the worst one - the other recovered. I know most folks do not have any issue with sprouting seeds directly into FFOF, but I felt it affected my seedlings.

We ended up with 2 males and 2 females for TW and the SD was also a female. We kept one female TW and the SD, gave the other female TW to a friend and tossed the two males. We experimented with LST, topping at various times and places, and threw them outdoors on the first day of Spring -- they promptly went into flower 10 days later. They also eventually went to reveg and I was forced to do the daily schlepping of plants into and out-of the dark shed to get them back into flowering mode. The charts below actually did a pretty good job of identifying the reveg and flower modes as suddenly I observed new growth trends (especially Trainwreck) after being very stable for a while.

Sour Diesel #2:

The dried weight came out to be 117 grams of buds and 19 grams of trim. The smoke was very much like that of its mother and seemed just as potent. We were quite happy with the results of this plant - we learned some good stuff and as a bonus, we got a good yield of very smoke-able buds. :yummy:
Growth chart 13.jpg

Trainwreck:

This plant went in and out of veg a couple times and was actually back into reveg again when we decided to harvest it. In total, this TW vegged for 67 days (no counting reveg) and flowered for 135 days - 19 weeks! o_O
Growth chart 12.jpg

In spite of all the stuff we did to her and kept her in a small 3 gallon pot the entire grow, we actually got a really nice yield out of her - 143 grams of buds and 73 grams of trim. The smoke is surprisingly good and quite potent. It's a creeper high that takes you by surprise so we need to be cautious when smoking this one. :Rasta:
Per usual, great work on both the grow & the journal!

Grow on!

Happy weekend everyone!

Sour Diesel #2:

Growth chart 13.jpg

Trainwreck:

Growth chart 12.jpg

Nice those buds look Great ! :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom