BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Outdoor Grow 2019: White Widow, Northern Lights & CBD Lemon Potion

Couldn't sleep so I went through the whole thread start to finish, awesome grow and harvests so far! :bongrip:
:welcome: Thanks for stopping by, JCTJ. Glad to have you join us!

We are definitely going to need a video on that baby!
What is that contraption?
Video definitely in the plans - once we get the two big plants ready for harvest. Last night was a good test run and the consensus is "We really like it"! We (4 of us) trimmed about 5 (maybe 6) ounces of bud last night in about 2 hrs start to finish. Already we estimate it saved us all about 2 hrs each! Here's a few pics:

Still a little bit of a learning curve - how fast to turn the handle, how many rotations is best - but all in all we are pretty happy with it. It's listed on Amazon for about $120 (US), but @Liquidintel bought it on ebay (new) for $90.

I want to see it handle foxtails! (Love the blue gloves BTW...even with the machine doing the work you gotta stay protected ;))
I'm not gonna grow anymore plants with foxtails! :laughtwo: While the trimmer did save us a bunch of time, there was still lots of human trimming going on as well.

Here's some harvest pics from last night. My son and his wife got home from Chicago yesterday, so we all sat down for an evening of pizza and trimming. :cool:

Time for an update on some odd & ends. We grew our first 3 autos this season and learned a good deal about them. Next season we're thinking maybe 6 autos. Here's some thoughts on those:

CBD Lemon Potion Auto #1 (Barneys Farm):

Growth chart 08.jpg

This was a weird plant to grow, and I was afraid all autos would be like this one. Fortunately the other two were much more typical of what I was expecting. For as small as it was, it actually yielded ok - 29 grams.

CBD Lemon Potion Auto #2 (Barneys Farm):

Growth chart 09.jpg

This one yielded much better at 80 grams. :) This strain is listed by the breeder to have approx 15% CBD: 8% THC. We really like the effect, although being the first CBD plant to smoke we really don't have much to compare it to. Next year we'll probably attempt a Candida.
Having just spent the past week and a half refurbishing my patio pergola - lots of kneeling, bending, twisting, ladder climbing, and holding of brushes, rollers, and putty knives, my body was pretty sore each day. The oil I made from Lemon Potion really helped the swelling in my wrists and fingers. Having had 5 surgeries in the past 5 years to repair 6 of my 10 fingers, I'm pretty sensitive to over-working them, and am grateful for LPa.

LSD-25 Auto (Fast Buds):

Growth chart 10.jpg

This was certainly one of the prettiest plants we've grown, and yielded 62 grams. According to the breeder this should have approx 20% THC. We just recently tried it for the first time. It's a creeper, as it just kept on coming on stronger for the first 30 minutes. One bong hit lasted us a couple hours! Looking forward to trying it out again soon. :drool:

That's it for now, just trying to catch up on my charts and stuff for future reference. Hope you all are having a great weekend. :cool:

Awesome harvest and I too love the graphs. Hoping my LPA's produce like that, very excited to try them once they're done. I really like the look of the LP and LSD when ready for harvest, pretty!

I love the graphs. I might start doing that myself as it looks like fun at the same time :thumb:
Thanks! I find that the graphs are a good snapshot of the grow that I can use for reference from season to season.
Flow charts are better generally but I can see where they might not help here...
I'm curious to see an example of the flow charts you mention - I'm always looking for new/better ways to see things. Got a link? :nerd-with-glasses:
That LSD is gorgeous!!
Thanks! I'm hoping I might get a good Nug of the Month or Plant of the Month shot from that one.
Beautiful auto run Beez
Thanks! Now that I know what to expect and what works and not, I'm looking forward to growing more next season. They are easier to grow than the photo periods - pretty much just water/feed and harvest. :cool:
Hoping my LPA's produce like that, very excited to try them once they're done.
Good luck on yours - I'll have to come visit your journal to keep tabs on the progress. I transplanted my first one a little too late (from the solo cup) and started it too early in the season. It was outside in some colder/wetter environment than it liked. The 2nd one, started a couple months later, turned out much nicer. I've got a 3rd seed that will probably be part of next year's line-up.

Thanks! I find that the graphs are a good snapshot of the grow that I can use for reference from season to season.
I'm curious to see an example of the flow charts you mention - I'm always looking for new/better ways to see things. Got a link? :nerd-with-glasses:
I could be wrong, but he knows I love to talk about flow charts, so it's a past reference I do believe that wont help at all :)

Hi Luiz - great wrap up as always and nice first run of some autos :thumb: It’s not easy getting them to perform well outside! Nice work. Hi to LiquidIntel too :ciao:

I’m going to adopt your graphs if I can manage it (to diligently measure regularly). They were what drew me in to your first journal (and part of what won you JOTM too i believe!), well them and the plants of course! What software do you use to make them? Do you have a template for it? :nerd-with-glasses:
good snapshot of the grow that I can use for reference from season to season.
Exactly that!

Thanks Amy. :circle-of-love: @Liquidintel says "Hi" too - he's seems to be a busy man lately and just got back from vacation. Once he catches up, I'm sure he'll be around more... plus I'll nag at him constantly. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Regarding the charts, I create them using Microsoft's Excel. I haven't created a template for them yet as I'm still messing around with how I want them to look and contain, but they don't take long to create from scratch. Last year, I tried to be sure to measure all the plants exactly at one-week intervals, but it's really not necessary. Now I just measure when I think of it, and record the data. Then create a scatter plot once they are far enough along in the growth cycle. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom