Bud's Does A SIP Featuring The ViparSpectra KS5000

I hear you. You are not the only person complaining about this. It seems to be a fairly common frustration. I had seeds not sprout last grow and this grow. Also don't usually have any difficulty so I blame the seed. Good luck with this seed!
It's got me thinking of going back to cloning the same plant over & over for the next year so I don't have to sprout seeds..... lol. But...., I sure like having a small variety of different weed on hand to choose from.
Watch 2 plants pop up in my pot now. I don't doubt anything with my luck lately.
It's like some kind of death omen is hanging over me right now. My wife died 12-13. My old supervisor who was in his early 60's died on X-mas Eve. My step-mother is in the ICU for COVID on a respirator. Doc called my dad yesterday & told him she's probably not going to make it. Hot Water Heater died. Disposal went out. Can't get my seeds to sprout. WTH ? STOP already ! I need a friggin' break from this insanity.
Sorry guys & dolls, not trying to complain. Just saying how my luck is going right now.

It's got me thinking of going back to cloning the same plant over & over for the next year so I don't have to sprout seeds..... lol. But...., I sure like having a small variety of different weed on hand to choose from.
Watch 2 plants pop up in my pot now. I don't doubt anything with my luck lately.
It's like some kind of death omen is hanging over me right now. My wife died 12-13. My old supervisor who was in his early 60's died on X-mas Eve. My step-mother is in the ICU for COVID on a respirator. Doc called my dad yesterday & told him she's probably not going to make it. Hot Water Heater died. Disposal went out. Can't get my seeds to sprout. WTH ? STOP already ! I need a friggin' break from this insanity.
Sorry guys & dolls, not trying to complain. Just saying how my luck is going right now.
:hug: Oh Buds, you are going through hell . It sounds like you need a break. You just have to ride this wave until it's done. I am so sorry for your family at this time. I hope you are doing all the basics like eating well, getting good sleep and being forgiving of yourself when it feels too much :hug:

Sending you good vibes and nothing but love, Buds!

It is huge weight of painful disturbing events that has happened to those around you who you care about, it is no surprise you're feeling mega down from the impact of it, no surprise at all. It is good to speak out and say something. We might not have your experience but we can emphasise and hope at least that if your voice is heard that it helps at least a little. So good that you share, and hopefully soon the seeds sprout and another great grow will be underway!

It is huge weight of painful disturbing events that has happened to those around you who you care about, it is no surprise you're feeling mega down from the impact of it, no surprise at all. It is good to speak out and say something. We might not have your experience but we can emphasise and hope at least that if your voice is heard that it helps at least a little. So good that you share, and hopefully soon the seeds sprout and another great grow will be underway!
I wonder at times if anyone else has this same kind of bad luck. It seems Nov., Dec., & Jan. have been Death Months in my family; all of my life. It's always around the Holidays for some reason. Kind of seems like there's something to it.... but I don't know what. Must be Aliens .... lol.

I wonder at times if anyone else has this same kind of bad luck. It seems Nov., Dec., & Jan. have been Death Months in my family; all of my life. It's always around the Holidays for some reason. Kind of seems like there's something to it.... but I don't know what. Must be Aliens .... lol.
Bad luck can and does come in runs, and it can swamp us like that no doubt, but it is good to mention it. I'd like to think that there is a glass half full that eventually gets us out the other side!
:passitleft:

It's hard to make sense of it all. I have suffered losses but never so many at once. It's unimaginable. Somehow we keep on going until we get to the other side. Once you get a seed started and the grow on you will feel yourself heal. Lots of love to you Buds, and warm sunny hugs from South Africa.

Highya Buds,

I can maybe explain the seeds not germinating. A few years ago a p[rominent grower (can't mention his name) had a problem with the soil being too hot out the gate. Somehow the seed would disintegrate. Do you use too much fertilizer in seed starting mix? I like to germinate with the paper towel method. I also remember things happening in three's in the past. Seems bad luck is making a show this year. The year of bad luck. Hope not, though!! Happy Smokin'

Hang in there Buds. You're going though a rough stretch but it won't last forever. :green_heart:

You gotta be shitting me! :thedoubletake: Time for easier things Buds!
These things can and will come in waves. We've had years to forget and we did!

Sure wish I could figure out why I'm having so much trouble germinating seeds lately. I've been doing it the same way for 5 years & never had an issue till lately. Had trouble last grow too.
Today, there was no sign of a sprout so I brushed off some top soil. No sign of anything. Dug deeper. No sign of anything. Dug deeper. Can't even find the seed. Getting really tired of wasting seeds.
Just dropped another seed. It has to be the seeds. I know it's not me after 5 years of successful germinating the same way. Probably, old stock or something. Just not sure. But I sure hate wasting time like this. I'm at the point where this is really starting to tick me off.
I had a bad germ. period last winter. Two orders of 5 seeds gave me 1 seeding and I ended up root-rotting it. My first journal was cancelled. :(
The seeds are probably the problem considerring your experience. I ended up using a well-watched heating pad during the winter and got 9 on 10. 7 got up-potted and had a nice harvest.
How old were the seeds?

Cheers!

I totally agree with you on planting directly into the 1gal pots.. I personally go with 2.5 gal then out to the garden, this year I will up pot into 20gal holes, hopefully that will get me 4 lbs a plant... strictly an organic outdoor grower myself...like what you are doing so far, I’m gonna fallow along , may even give it a try one day

1E1E7567-51D9-43E3-A823-3D346ECDF0C2.jpeg

7BBCEB21-1D64-4334-94AA-6969AB2FB639.jpeg
Nice grow, bro! Are they quad-lined?

Sorry about your wife and other issues. Life can be a little rough at times. Wife and I went through a period where we were wondering what could possibly happen to make things any worse. Both of us were dealing with life threatening issues. It gets better but certainly not overnight. Hang in there.

As to your germinating issues.. do you use a heat mat in a dome? That has worked very well for me. I use the paper towel method also. The last two grows I have had a seed or two that just wouldn't go. Never had any issues in the past. Most of the time the heated domes at 80 degrees F is a sure thing.

It seems overall that the biggest gain in using SIP's is for size & yield. But, I think it also speeds up Veg time once the roots hit the res. It probably cuts a week or two off your grow time from start to harvest. You say you don't need a big yield. But consider the fact that you only have to do 1/2 as many grows to keep you in supply which cuts down on your overall cost. I can do 1 grow of 3 plants a year & be supplied all year long if I choose to. That would yield me 3-4 lbs. so that's an oz. per week to smoke. Way more than enough.
If it cuts time off your growing time sounds like it would be great for a long flowering Sativa strain.imho CL🍀

Hey Bro you have all the reasons under the sun to gripe at the world. If you want to gripe some more you can on my thread anytime. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Brother. CL🍀

Highya Buds,

I can maybe explain the seeds not germinating. A few years ago a p[rominent grower (can't mention his name) had a problem with the soil being too hot out the gate. Somehow the seed would disintegrate. Do you use too much fertilizer in seed starting mix? I like to germinate with the paper towel method. I also remember things happening in three's in the past. Seems bad luck is making a show this year. The year of bad luck. Hope not, though!! Happy Smokin'
Thanks. I don't really think it's the soil; unless Fox Farms changed something. I've used the same soil ever since I started growing. I truly hate the Soaking & Paper Towel method. 7 out of 10 seeds never make it when I germ. that way.
I had almost 99% success planting straight in the soil.... until I started asking others why they don't do it the way I do. Then Karma or something bit me in the ass & I've been struggling ever since.

Hang in there Buds. You're going though a rough stretch but it won't last forever. :green_heart:
I'm sure you're right about that. Just wish it would hurry & end.
So, I see you're doing a journal with the KS5000 also. I need to check that out this weekend. I'm curious about what this light has done for others. Feel free to post some pics if you'd like. I'm interested & I'm sure a few others would like to see the results of this light.
Hope all is well in your world.

Back
Top Bottom