CajunCelt's Spring '14 Grow - Vanilla Kush - 1970 True OG - N.L. - Blue Cheese

IMG_20140705_154254705.jpg

[B]Update:[/B]
Up n going. Lil ones doing good. I have the digital ballast on lowest setting & as high in the tent as possible.
There will only be 4 plants in a few weeks.These will be topped & tied or ML. I never cared for that term either & am open to suggestions on an alternate term if we get too bothered later. Til then, it's ML.

Next pics in a couple of more nodes & training starts.

The 2 autos, NL & Adrenaline Shot, are not mine & are starting to flip already.
Got some preflowers showing. Happy Sunday cause I need the room. I'm sticking these in the flowering tent in a couple of weeks.

Update:
All are about 5 nodes, so topped all except the OG. I have a different plan for her.
All got a lil training today & are unhappy w/ me at the moment. They'll love me tomorrow though.
I'm not a huge of fan of fussy nutes so I concentrate more on the training & lighting.
600w MH dimmed to 300w. I'll keep it there & WAY higher above them than most would agree with. I'll crank em up end of veg & will crank too 100% throughout transition. When I see the stretching quit & buds showing then I say it's the 1st daybof building buds & I crank the ballast up to 110% (a boost) until the last few weeks.
To finish, I cut the light back to 100% & raise it. Raise it? Yes.
I've learned from the past 4 grows that paying attention to this & keeping whatever nutes (cheap is good, just don't use most 1-parts) to a minimum is what keeps my plants happiest.
Pics when back to computer.

Oh, I've "duplexed" the BigB & the Blue Cheese. I'll try LA's flux on the BigB.
Might duplex or flux an outdoor if I can get females.
Gonna wait to LST still. I don't really SCRoG anymore, but do use the trellis to some work for me.

I'm trying to stretch my veggers a little today so I can chop some tops. :) i've always been an LST guy and I'm going full bore scrog once they get big enough. Ill be interested to see training. :geek:

I usually hit my girls with some water on training days. Seems like they bounce back quicker. You find the same thing cajuncelt?

I'm trying to stretch my veggers a little today so I can chop some tops. :) i've always been an LST guy and I'm going full bore scrog once they get big enough. Ill be interested to see training. :geek:

I usually hit my girls with some water on training days. Seems like they bounce back quicker. You find the same thing cajuncelt?
Lol, I was gonna post that they're a little droopy from the agua. I'm going to start adding Silica also. This is about the only "supplement" I've used that I see makes a big difference. Seems to help with N uptake or help regulate it too. Oh, I quit going crazy with N. I found that the greener (almost blue) my plants were, the smaller my yields. I'm calling this nitrogen overkill. When I keep them a green like the bars on this post, I get my bloom on way better & bigger.

:popcorn: So you won't have to talk to yourself...

No one else though. I like to find my pics fast so I keep ppl out. Lol.

LA, yeah bro gonna flux the blue cheese. She'll do well I bet.
I called ml'g "duplexing" for now. I think we'll all agree you have the patent on "fluxing".
The duplexed plants won't be as close to the ground as the flux.

I'm hardening off the outside plants now. I'm putting them in a "confinement" area outside for a few hours a day. I got spider mites last time doing this, but am doing preventive measures against that as well as keeping them away from the indoor plants.
All are doing well & in various stages of training. Laptop charging doohickey was broke off, so pics soon.

So, BB is being duplex'd.
The Kush is being kept bushy so lst'd in hydro.
The OG is tall & sativa-ish so my coco/soiI less in 5 gal SP to keep her slow & awesome.
The Blue Cheese will be fluxrd LA style. Though I should've scalped the BB instead.
Outside plant of my own strain was Fim'd, accidentally.
And yes, I actually said, " Fu%$! I missed! " Still not ready for outdoors. Sun to intense still.
The 2 autos are small, flowering & need to leave, but was advised to keep @ 18/6 light by the seed co.

So, topped, fim'd (cool, but crap), flux'd, duplexed, 2 types of LST & 2 plant SCRoG.

Most girls still in 1 gal SP's. Few are in permanent hydro homes.
Outdoor girls still can't handle full sunlight. Another week...

After 8 recent grows & now outdoors, I will settle on 2 main systems/methods for future grows.

4 pot DWC (homemade) with recirc. controller & 1 main rez. This will be for 1 single strain.

The other will be BIG trained gals in 15 gal plants.

I can manage multi strains this way, but keep my favs in full stock.

Thoughts?

I was going to make this a picture journal as usual, but I keep ad lib'g like I'm writing a book. Lol.
I guess I want to look back @ my thought process. Too much sativa.
Anyway, new Droid can't post pics still & laptop is waiting on the charging prong thingy. So, pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom