Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

lower your night time temps to like 65 or so the last week or two before harvest, lots of strains will turn purple whether they're named purple this/that or not. Doubt seriously the lighting led/fluorescent/HID has much if anything to do with it

Thanks Jamthe3, good to see you still lurking about. :)
The way the weather is getting it won't be long before I can test that temperature thing out with the outdoor kids. Dropping in the 60's at night all week.

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

I think that Top Gal is the healthiest plant I have outdoors. Being a broken plant from the start and the constant attack from critters, bugs and creeping strangling honeysuckle vines, wind storms....etc. etc.
This girl is doing awesome!
I'll have some pics tomorrow, in the meantime let's add another two leaf eating critters I found recently:

Katydid
They were on my grape leaves as nymphs early in the summer, little did I know what they were at the time. One of them grew into a large Katydid who made it's way to Top Gal, and they are leaf eaters. I moved it far away from the plants, because I love the sound of these things at night:

bug_43.jpg

katydid.jpg

And during my daily tent worm picking this big grasshopper was hiding in the top buds: (leaf eaters galore)

Grasshopper_3.jpg

This poor plant. LOL

Sorry about those bugs being leaf eaters Partner but those pics are just TOO cool...

But yet they still won't totally legalize weed worldwide.

Worse that that - The Untied States Government has held an actual PATENT on cannabis compounds because of their healing potential since 2003 ... Yet here it is 2015 and cannabis is still on schedule one meaning it "has no medical benefit"

Enjoy your hypocrisy much America? We have suffering people hiding and stressed out about heinous incarceration just to heal themselves.

"US Patent 6630507 titled "Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants" which is assigned to The United States of America, as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services.
The patent claims that —

'Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia.'

The patent was obtained in October of 2003."

:volcano-smiley:

Here's Top Gal basking in the hazy morning sun:

top_gal_13.jpg

top_gal_11.jpg

top_gal_12.jpg

If anyone is curious why I'm allowing the honeysuckle to spread out there, I need to get a good root system (my honeysuckle has some pretty deep roots) going in that area to help stop the erosion. There is a slope in the ground there and I'm losing ground as it erodes into the pond. I'll be planting some other plants with beefy root systems next spring.

UPDATE SCREEN HOUSE KIDS 9-2-15

Judging by own height, these kids are 4 - 4 1/2 feet tall now.

9-2-15_4.jpg

9-2-15_2.jpg

9-2-15_1.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb and call this one male, ww x mk. Such a shame, it's a beautiful plant.

9-2-15_3.jpg

Here's why. There are no pistil signs at all, just the familiar little ball forms starting. You can see them on the left and right of the crook of the stem:

9-3-15_1.jpg

I'm not sure I see balls... Is that a spider on there?

Pretty plants. Top Gal is especially attractive.

It's the start of them Peejay, looks exactly like the other male MK x WW. The little ball thingies look completely different than the start of a pistil "cup".
I've got some pics from last years' grow that shows the difference at the start, I might try to locate them and post. The female pistil calyx has a defined curve outward on the top of it and they stay kind of upright in the crook of the stem, the male looks a little like a seed pod with flow lines down it and the fresh ones jut kind of sideways and off centered out from the plant. That's the only way I can explain it. LOL Also, the male signs always start showing after the pistils have started on the girls. Makes sense to me, the female has to get ready for the pollen first.

We'll see if I'm right. ;-) It's my humble opinion.
Yes, that is a spider. I don't know why every time I go to checking with a loupe, I get a danged spider in my face. And, am I the only person in the world can poke myself in the eye with a cannabis leaf while checking for pistils?
:rofl:

UPDATE GARAGE GROW 9-2-15

I have to say I am really pleased with how these plants are doing. I think the worm castings really added to them and they are loving that along with the home brewed soil. I have all the plants tied down on only two sides to keep the center open and it seems to be working out well helping them to spread out and get light into the lower areas.

I will be moving these plants around as soon as my replacement Smart Grow light gets here. Tracking shows it should be here on Saturday. I am so impressed with the customer service from Smart Grow Technologies!
I want to do a comparison on the two White Widow Feminised girls and probably the Afghan Kush as soon as the clone roots and gets planted.

Here's how they look today:

9-2_9.jpg

9-2_8.jpg

9-2_7.jpg

9-2_6.jpg

9-2_5.jpg

9-2_10.jpg

9-2_4.jpg

9-2_3.jpg

Now, there is a major gnat problem in there. I believe it's because the soil stayed too wet in the beginning. I have to work on that overwatering thing for sure. LOL I am letting the soil dry out which will help kill off the larvae, the little cups of honey/sugar are helping tremendously (I place them right in the pots), I am drenching the top soil with SNS 209, and there is a never ending supply of spiders helping out. It will get fixed. :)

9-2_1.jpg

9-2_2.jpg

Looking good Partner.

Question:

How many of you have had your male plants of the same strain show before the females?

I'm doing a little study here. ;-)

I went out to check on the outdoor kids and there is some yellowing going on with the screen house gals that I don't like. Wondering if I shouldn't give them some kind of nutes. I didn't give those girls any worm castings, so I'm going to mix some in there tomorrow and see if it helps them.

The Wildlings are doing okay. I can't say I'm really impressed with the plants considering I was expecting exploding growth with that rich soil. Maybe the chicken poo in the soil had been spent of the nutrient quality over the two years it sat through the heavy rains and winter melt offs. IF I did another outside grow in that area I would put them in the corral where there is much more sunlight hours available.
Just random thoughts.
If you are driving this Holiday weekend, please be careful and arrive safe in both directions! :circle-of-love:

Question:

How many of you have had your male plants of the same strain show before the females?

:circle-of-love:

In 3 runs, I have had most of the females show first, then the males, then 2 of 3 times a female straggler with lots of foliage and under par buds (Quality and Quantity.)

That's what my MEMORY believes. Actual results may vary :)

Question:

In my short 2 years experience, so far 100% of the boys pre-flowered at least 1 week before the girls, both inside and outside.

Hope this helps :love:

Better than National Geographic gal.
Plants are looking really healthy.

Happy Trees...

I find this incredibly interesting. I have had all the boys show after the girls, in my own short memory. LOL
Thanks everyone, that changes my own theory. Scrap pile. :laugh:

Day off today, I just received the replacement LED light, so I'll be busy in the garage grow changing things around in addition to finishing up the worm bin and giving the screen house girls some feed (worm castings), and fixing a TV.......again.

I find this incredibly interesting. I have had all the boys show after the girls, in my own short memory. LOL
Thanks everyone, that changes my own theory. Scrap pile. :laugh:

Day off today, I just received the replacement LED light, so I'll be busy in the garage grow changing things around in addition to finishing up the worm bin and giving the screen house girls some feed (worm castings), and fixing a TV.......again.

Since you are so darn handy, is there anything I can try to DIY fix a freezer? (Sounds normal, no chill.)

Hey Rado, you might have a bad compressor. Check to be sure the compressor is working. If you hear something working it could be the fan, not the compressor. The compressor is what is responsible for the cooling air.
That is the very first thing I would check. Sometimes you can hear it try to start and never does, kind of like a clicking sound.
Also, clean all of the lint/dirt/hair etc. etc. away from your vents. There are some on the front and cleaning it all out of the back may help. If these are clogged with junkies, the unit will overheat and shut down.

If it is a Fridge/freezer combo and it's just the freezer not working, check the door seal on the freezer. These get old and crack or wear out and will not allow the cold to stay in there.

That's the best I can do without being there. LOL

TV is fixed. Pi** poor cooling engineering for the lamp. I had to add two fans to keep the lamp properly cooled. Sheesh!

On the subject of marijuana...LOL, I added some General Hydroponics Micro solution to get some nitrogen to the screen house girls. I can't get the worm castings today as everything is soaked to the hilt outside from yesterdays' rain. So I hope that helps in the meantime. :)

I'll be using the SWICK on the garage girls. This will serve two purposes, it will keep them from being directly on the cold floor, and keep them watered. :)

Okay, the first thing I did was to make an investment into some rope ratchets to hang the lights. I got rid of the ropes and chains I was using, and this is going to make things so much easier for moving those lights up and down.

9-5_2.jpg

The Smart Grow light is working perfectly, it's a different color but the same model.

9-5_1.jpg

Here's the final configuration for the plants. I sure hope the WW x MK turn out females. So far I haven't had much luck with fem beans from that stock.
The difference in the two plants is remarkable. One is sparse and thin, the other lush and full. {{shrugs shoulders}}

9-5_5.jpg

9-5_4.jpg

9-5_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom