Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

My Christmas present to myself this year....I got an unbelievable deal on a T5 8 bulb grow light to replace the one I had to sell last year. It's used but looks and works like brand spankin' new. I can stop using that HPS for vegging as soon as I get the T5 here.

Woo Hoo!

Saves a few dollars at 432W T5 CFL instead of 600W HPS -- unless you have a 400W HPS :rofl:

I like the way CFLs veg :)

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Yes! While its a pain constantly re arranging cfls... I feel i get much MUCH better control over my plants.

Saves a few dollars at 432W T5 CFL instead of 600W HPS -- unless you have a 400W HPS :rofl:

Yes! While its a pain constantly re arranging cfls... I feel i get much MUCH better control over my plants.

I like that there is a switch to use just 4 bulbs or all 8 depending on what I have under them. And the minor problem of trying to take decent photographs under HPS lighting is solved. ;-)

Well, the shemale was just not doing anything. Seemed in kind of a limbo stage. I determined that there is not enough light coming through that window with our cloudy, dreary days, and not enough light hours for it. These are supposed to be under a 12/12 light schedule during the pollen producing. I'm only getting decent daylight through that window from around 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ish.

I set up yet another area in another spare bedroom with an MH light and have it set on a timer for 12/12. We'll see if that gets it into gear. ;-)

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

I just love looking at your pictures, Cannafan. I like your journal's new title. I have to say though when I saw it on my feed I thought I subscribed to a new journal and forgot! lol

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Howdy Partner... Congrats on your recent harvests, beans, and Xmas gift to yourself.
By the way...

canna_christmas_tree_1.jpg

Consider yourself JACKED! That's my Xmas E-card for this year. :thanks:

Always looking good "Sista from another Mista".

I ordered a T5HO 4 bulb Viavolt 4'X13.5". When it showed up at my door the UPS man moved the box from left to right.......all you could hear was the sound of broken glass. Total bummer. 1.5 weeks later I have not heard from them so I shoot off a very stern email asking them for the were about and they said "oh" here it is. Dummies, they had the light back to my front door in three days, very cool. Then 1 week later sitting at my door is a box that looks just like the box sitting in my living room......yep, they sent the original light (fixed) back to me. Okay, I will have to pay for two lights now but my 1 month veg and my seed making lights are at the ready. I don't usually write this much Sista but I was so glad to hear you got a 8 bulb T5 I wanted to share my story. My 4 bulb has the 2bulb & 4 bulb switch.
If I knew how to jack your picture I would to but for now maybe just a blog. :bravo:

Edit: You now Sista, you would make a great construction company owner. :Namaste: And yes I know these things. :love:

Congrats on the lights. I know that had to feel really sweet when you realized you were going to be able to pull it off. Nothing like a little slice of 'normal' to make the day feel sweeter. Ha! I love that word. "Normal". How absurd. You know what I mean. Tearing all that down last year was brutal. It's been fun watching you rebuild. :circle-of-love:

I just love looking at your pictures, Cannafan. I like your journal's new title. I have to say though when I saw it on my feed I thought I subscribed to a new journal and forgot! lol

LOL, that happened to me on a couple of my own subscribed threads. That's why I posted a "warning". :laughtwo:

Canna your always a busy bee! Congrats on your new lighting!

No busier than you my friend! Thanks on the light, can't wait to get that hung up and put the HPS in storage. There are a lot of things I don't like about HPS lights, but one thing that just seems to worry me is the heat those bulbs throw off. Helps to heat the room, but leaves an edge of nervousness on me.

Howdy Partner... Congrats on your recent harvests, beans, and Xmas gift to yourself.
By the way...

Consider yourself JACKED! That's my Xmas E-card for this year. :thanks:

Thanks Partner! And I am honored that you have jacked my picture to do something nice with.

Always looking good "Sista from another Mista".

I ordered a T5HO 4 bulb Viavolt 4'X13.5". When it showed up at my door the UPS man moved the box from left to right.......all you could hear was the sound of broken glass. Total bummer. 1.5 weeks later I have not heard from them so I shoot off a very stern email asking them for the were about and they said "oh" here it is. Dummies, they had the light back to my front door in three days, very cool. Then 1 week later sitting at my door is a box that looks just like the box sitting in my living room......yep, they sent the original light (fixed) back to me. Okay, I will have to pay for two lights now but my 1 month veg and my seed making lights are at the ready. I don't usually write this much Sista but I was so glad to hear you got a 8 bulb T5 I wanted to share my story. My 4 bulb has the 2bulb & 4 bulb switch.
If I knew how to jack your picture I would to but for now maybe just a blog. :bravo:

Edit: You now Sista, you would make a great construction company owner. :Namaste: And yes I know these things. :love:
High Brother dear,

Good deal on them finally taking care of the customer! I hope the one they repaired doesn't have any future problems. :)
You could right click on the picture and copy to a photo program on your puter. If that's possible with your computer. :)

I've owned a couple of small businesses, but nothing in construction. Thank goodness....whenever I'm working with a hammer it is automatic that I will get a thumb or a finger with it at least once before my project is done. Automatic....

Congrats on the lights. I know that had to feel really sweet when you realized you were going to be able to pull it off. Nothing like a little slice of 'normal' to make the day feel sweeter. Ha! I love that word. "Normal". How absurd. You know what I mean. Tearing all that down last year was brutal. It's been fun watching you rebuild. :circle-of-love:

"Normal".....what izzat?

:rofl:

The Shemale update.

Here's what I'm seeing, notice the dried up nanners in one pic:
Note: the green cast is due to the Metal Halide bulb

nanners_9.jpg

nanners_8.jpg

nanners_111.jpg

nanners_12.jpg

nanners_10.jpg

What I am NOT seeing is pollen. The nanners are dropping off here and there and some are drying up on the clusters, but there is no pollen to be seen.
What I think may have happened (just a theory), is the light schedule in the window basically put it back into Veg mode and the process of creating pollen stopped. Does that sound plausible?

There are a lot of very young pollen sacs still on the branches, so I'm hoping with it being under the new light/schedule the process will get moving again.

I've been reading that when this happens (no pollen dropping) you can gather up the nanners that dropped and either grind them up or manually pop them open to get a little bit of pollen. I dunno.....but I'll scarf up the dropped ones and keep them in the fridge in case I want to try that later. They are going into a sandwich baggie with a couple of silica gel packets taped to the upper inside to control any moisture.

One more thing I ran into on fresh harvested seeds besides waiting for them about a month. I've been reading that it's best to keep them in the fridge during this storage time to mimic mother nature. When the seeds drop it is usually getting colder. So...they are heading for the fridge with some sili gel packs as well. Won't hurt a thing, and only give me more assurance of them being "poppable" when ready.

:circle-of-love:

Just "Drag & Drop" 60.

Thanks Partner! And I am honored that you have jacked my picture to do something nice with.
No, thank YOU! I've already started sending it out.

Thanks BAR
JACKED!!! Thanks Cannafan :love:

AND BLOGED

My Holiday E-card...

canna_christmas_tree_11.jpg

:rofl:

I too just hijacked your holiday picture with BAR's Happy Holiday on it for my ecard as well.....and I have BAR's Rolling stone bud pic as my screen saver.....thank you friends....

I just love all the pic jacking going on! I'll have to check out that bud pic Shawnee. :)

I think THC Bomb will be coming down Sunday. There are now a couple of amber on her and mostly brown pistils. I feel like it's time. This plant has been growing a loooooong time. LOL
I wanted to give an idea of size before I chop her down, and the only way I could figure to do it comparatively is by putting me in the picture. No face....sorry. LOL
I'm 5' 6" and thin, this will give you an idea how big she and her buds are:

THC_Bomb_size.jpg

I'm expecting some nice buds on the chop chop.

:circle-of-love:

you are gorgeous, Canna.....just like I pictured you :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom