Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Deer love cannabis!! Who doesn't? Hi Shawnee, canna :)

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Hello Grizz, how you been, bro, so great to see you....well, I'm going to beating the deer off my grow...good to know, tho, I have to move outside for the summer or at least awhile....I recall that huge awesome plant you had, do you have deer in your area....?

Also, happy Father's Day, Grizz.....:love:

:byebye: Grizz
Good to see you. :)

Shawnee, in our state.....the deer out number us. LOL
Hope you have some fencing or something. Maybe just put up a simple two wire fence with white flags every couple feet so they know it's there. We used to do that "down on the farm". :)
The smaller the area, the less likely the deer will jump the fence to get in. My Dad used to do his garden in small fenced sections so the deer wouldn't likely jump into a small area.

well, now I have a problem, Canna...I can have 7-19 deer in the yard at a time....they jump into or crawl under the horse pastures all the time...and eat my tulip buds every year....they have a superhighway on the edge of my property....oh geez, I am in trouble and need to think on it....back to the drawing board.....

well, now I have a problem, Canna...I can have 7-19 deer in the yard at a time....they jump into or crawl under the horse pastures all the time...and eat my tulip buds every year....they have a superhighway on the edge of my property....oh geez, I am in trouble and need to think on it....back to the drawing board.....

Well, 4 posts and some chicken wire around it at least 6' high. Make a door and you're good to go keeping the deer out.
That's the only thing I can think of, similar to what I'm using. 1 x 6's around it to nail the chicken wire to it.

Edit: I just found your post on the mildew. You must have been posting at the same time I was writing my post with the additional update. I completely missed it. :laughtwo:

Hi Canna... Do you know how to get rid of leafhoppers..:confused:....:circle-of-love:

THAT'S what that picture of the colorful bug I took and posted to the seasons thread last year is!!! I've been searching forever to name that critter.

I just did a little research and mostly people are using insecticides to kill them off, but they are hard to control.
I would venture to try the SNS spider mite or gnat solution spray. There was a site that mentioned they are similar to spider mite damage.....worth a shot?

There's always the greatly diluted dawn dishsoap and water method I guess. That's how I kill moss on my lawn. LOL I would try it on a small area of a plant first to be sure it doesn't harm it.

Hopefully someone has had great results with something proven here.

:circle-of-love:

Edit: You don't have them on the MJ plants do you? I am assuming you were referring to outdoor garden area.

Hi Canna... Do you know how to get rid of leafhoppers..:confused:....:circle-of-love:

if you're still in veg, dust em like roses. Dry sweep works wonders on bugs also...and yes, deer love cannabis, especially when its young and suple

Yeah we have fallow deer in these parts... yell Bang as loud as you can just after planting, you won't see them again for another six months, lol... Where I grew up we have sambar, big deer. They'd kick down a fence, dig and stomp to get to something they want, hope you don't have them around..beautiful animals till they eat your crops, lol... Fathers day is in September down here, but hey always good to have two. I'll know for next year :) get my daughter in on it, lol... 40 now, birthday last week, finished at 5am only through nothing left to drink. Didn't realise I still had it in me, lol. Sunday I realised why I don't, lol.....

Yeah we have fallow deer in these parts... yell Bang as loud as you can just after planting, you won't see them again for another six months, lol... Where I grew up we have sambar, big deer. They'd kick down a fence, dig and stomp to get to something they want, hope you don't have them around..beautiful animals till they eat your crops, lol... Fathers day is in September down here, but hey always good to have two. I'll know for next year :) get my daughter in on it, lol... 40 now, birthday last week, finished at 5am only through nothing left to drink. Didn't realise I still had it in me, lol. Sunday I realised why I don't, lol.....

Yeah.... That was about the time I stopped. :rofl: Happy belated Birthday Grizz. :love:

Wouldn't you know I had already taken the old CD changer to the dump about a month ago? LOL

However, I found an old Time Lapse VCR recorder and gutted it, I found that is an absolutely perfect fit for everything that needs to go in there. It even has a power cord to use, I will probably put an additional power cord in there. I think I only want two LED units/Fan per cord. I found a couple of heavy duty toggle switches in my electrical box that will work for turning the whole thing on and off....I hope.

I need some opinions on whether these LED units are too close to each other, or any other reasons that this might not work. I don't want to go through the trouble of cutting the metal casing and find out it isn't going to work. :)
I plan to have the fans on the top sunk half in and half out of the housing, or maybe just mounted on top with a hole cut for the air to blow in there.. The power packs are a question, not sure whether to mount those on top or inside the unit with the LED's.
I have no idea how much heat these Clusters generate, so I want to be sure it isn't going to get too hot with the power packs and LED's inside the housing.
LA, do you know if these run hot?

Thanks everybody!

Housing_LED_2.jpg

Housing_LED_1.jpg

Nice work Princess DIY>
I had Leafhoppers last year in our Veg Tent. Beemer Bill identified them and assured me they didn't cause any damage to our beloved cannabis plant. He was right; All they were was a nuisance. They love fly sticky traps. After putting one in the tent they were on it like flies on manure.

:bump:
Happy belated Birthday Grizz. :love:

Ok my dear :)
So they do run warm enough that I'd suggest running them with the packs screwed onto the outer edges. This gives you more spacing width ways so you can have an inch or so Inbetween in the center at least one way. This will also give you better coverage! :)
The power packs will be fine themselves its the wiring being to close to the clusters etc.
All else looks good :)

I just had a quick thought as I was reading. Would it be possible to use some of that wire fence and some metal ducting tape. It would be easy to cut with a pair of snips, make it any size or shape you want (have fun with it) and cheap, of course not cheaper then an old vcr. Then just use the metal tape to seal it all up once happy. Or is this silly.... :)

Ok my dear :)
So they do run warm enough that I'd suggest running them with the packs screwed onto the outer edges. This gives you more spacing width ways so you can have an inch or so Inbetween in the center at least one way. This will also give you better coverage! :)
The power packs will be fine themselves its the wiring being to close to the clusters etc.
All else looks good :)

Okay my friend, I will plan to put them on the outside. ;-) I have extra wire around, so it will work out fine. I will probably put it all together tomorrow, I start on 2nd shift today so my way of life here is changing. :)

I just had a quick thought as I was reading. Would it be possible to use some of that wire fence and some metal ducting tape. It would be easy to cut with a pair of snips, make it any size or shape you want (have fun with it) and cheap, of course not cheaper then an old vcr. Then just use the metal tape to seal it all up once happy. Or is this silly.... :)

There's an idea if I can't get this VCR top cut satisfactorily. :) I have some old mini fridge shelves that I was going to use at first, but changed my mind.

I went out and topped two of the Wildlings this morning. We'll see what happens. ;-)

And I spent the morning doing lots of "gardening" in the early daylight. The sprouts are all outside on top of the outdoor wood burner so they can get full sun all day, trying to keep the stretch down.

And Lil' Buddha, the first problem seed/sprout/seedling has been given her own outdoor spot in a nice big azzed planter. She is actually starting to grow a bit. Her spot is on the pond deck where there is full sun and a lovely view as the turtles swim, the frogs burp, and the fish jump for bugs.

Lil_buddha_6-22.jpg

She's going to hate me today though....we're supposed to get some strong thunderstorms this afternoon. LOL I hope everyone gets through it. (I just looked at the radar, and I'm thinking on bringing the sprouts back into the screened deck so they don't get damaged just for today)

She's going to hate me today though....we're supposed to get some strong thunderstorms this afternoon. LOL I hope everyone gets through it. (I just looked at the radar, and I'm thinking on bringing the sprouts back into the screened deck so they don't get damaged just for today)
Good idea. I didn't mention this when I told you how our Fire Escape girls always loved thunderstorms; we never had seedlings or youngens out there.

I was reading on someone's thread how plants feed off of the energy of thunderstorms.

Back
Top Bottom