Critical Jack & Dark Devil Auto Cross

Subbed! Those girls are probably ready to be transplanted, just look at how thick the stalks are!

Ok, so where are the tent growers in here? Tell us how much suck/negative pressure you have in your tents. What steps did you take to ease it.
Try and balance your intake/out take cfm? Most set ups are going to have fairly negative pressure when closed up since most are configured as a passthrough. I'm a lazy, cheap crap so I just unzip the tent from the bottom to about 1' from the floor and this evens out the negative backpressure from two exhaust fans and no intake.

Subbed! Those girls are probably ready to be transplanted, just look at how thick the stalks are!

Try and balance your intake/out take cfm? Most set ups are going to have fairly negative pressure when closed up since most are configured as a passthrough. I'm a lazy, cheap crap so I just unzip the tent from the bottom to about 1' from the floor and this evens out the negative backpressure from two exhaust fans and no intake.
Thanks for joining in Kaiser.
I was able to lessen the pressure increasing the intake duct to a 8 inch. I’m happy where it’s at now. More air coming in bigger pipe.
Just wanted to hear about others designs and challenges on the subject.
As for the plants, they have been those pots for 53 days. The leaves say it’s ready but it’s roots say, not ready.
Come back here in a few hours, I will have an update posted.

Ok folks sorry delaying the update. I have a bad case of chigger bites. About 100 bites head to ankles. So miserable! I will take poison ivy over chiggers any day. I am also having a hard time putting down the warm hard boiled eggs in front of me instead of typing... ok eggs are gone, back to typing.

I have been thinking how i can prolong transplanting the three oldest plants to give the younger plants time to mature. I did look at the roots on one of them and they are not ready. Plus we haven't gotten down to drinking every one to two days. Currently its 6 days in between waterings. So the consensus was unhappy roots was the issue. Probably due to running out of food for the herd at 54 days in that pot. While looking at my notes i realized i missed their brix spray this week. Them being stressed right now i did a de-stress spray instead at .5ml per ounce of water.
I was thinking about how we recharge the soil in flower why not do it in veg. I put no more then a half of a cup of ewc, topped off the pots with cooked soil from the soil storage bins and slowly top watered with plain water. Each plant getting a half gallon of water. The minerals will come from the cooked soil that i topped off the pots with. If this helps it will be a short term bandaid to the original problem. This is a test to see what happens. Its not part of Doc Bud's instructions.
The top growth is still great. Nine bladed leaves galore. So far no discernible stress from the new cobs. Lets see what the future holds.

The first three pictures are of the girls after being top dressed and i am top watering while letting them bottom drink in a pan. They felt just as heavy as after a drenching. They will get a Trans drench when they dry out.

This picture is about an hour after getting destressed, slightly defoliated, top dressed, and watered. They really perked up later. I can't wait to see them today when the lights come on ten minutes. As for the other two in the picture, starting from the lower left. That is another CDD about 20 days behind the big bunch. Its pot is starting to get very light and will get its first Trans drench any day now. As for the little guy in the lower middle that is the Jackie White/Purple Mayhem cross that is looking healthy at about day 18-20ish. Will have to check my notes. There are two more CDDs in the back but they are staying in the back.

Ok here they are at lights on a few minutes ago. Looking good :thumb:
I checked my notes and the three girls are 54 days, the smaller cdd is 38 days and, the JW/PM is 24 days old. Daytime temps are 77-79f and nighttime at 71-73. RH is between 50-60%. The big girls are between 15-18 inches high and are 12 inches from the cobs. I do need to lower them down some.

Looking good Beamer! Nice work with the top dressing. I'm not sure about the lights. Gotta figure out distances with my new light, Max Yield which is a combo of cobs and led. Have you been over to my new journal? Please stop by if you haven't. Sorry if I forgot, it's been a whirlwind the past few days.

:passitleft:

Looking good Beamer! Nice work with the top dressing. I'm not sure about the lights. Gotta figure out distances with my new light, Max Yield which is a combo of cobs and led. Have you been over to my new journal? Please stop by if you haven't. Sorry if I forgot, it's been a whirlwind the past few days.

I was not aware of your new grow. So i dug around a bit and found it just before you put a link in your signature. lol
Congratulations on your sponsor. :goodjob:

Personally,Id start out at 24 inches above canopy and go from there.
It could unofficially be sponsored by two. The other being DBHBB. :circle-of-love::cheer:

I was not aware of your new grow. So i dug around a bit and found it just before you put a link in your signature. lol
Congratulations on your sponsor. :goodjob:

Personally,Id start out at 24 inches above canopy and go from there.
It could unofficially be sponsored by two. The other being DBHBB. :circle-of-love::cheer:

Thanks Beam! Sorry I didn't tag you on that 1st page. I tried looking for everyone I'm following or has been following me. The real fun, flowers, should start in a few weeks. I started at like 3+ feet but am going to lower them to 2 tonight then go from there, thanks!

Thanks Beam! Sorry I didn't tag you on that 1st page. I tried looking for everyone I'm following or has been following me. The real fun, flowers, should start in a few weeks. I started at like 3+ feet but am going to lower them to 2 tonight then go from there, thanks!

No worries mate.
I just caught up on your new journal. Lots of activity. One thing i noticed, you haven't posted anything about specs yet, is that coming later? :drool::popcorn:

Thanks for joining in Kaiser.
I was able to lessen the pressure increasing the intake duct to a 8 inch. I’m happy where it’s at now. More air coming in bigger pipe.
Just wanted to hear about others designs and challenges on the subject.
As for the plants, they have been those pots for 53 days. The leaves say it’s ready but it’s roots say, not ready.
Come back here in a few hours, I will have an update posted.

Hey there TB, one question... are there any negative effects on the plants with negative pressure? If so, how would it affect them?

I am no scientist but, based on my research and experience, there is no negative effects to plants growing in that environment. There are other negative consequences to running a NP/fresh air system such as you lose space in the tent along the sides because the tent walls bow in. It is very difficult to heat because your sucking the heat right out of the tent. The same goes for CO2. Sucks it right out so the plant won't benefit. Which is why i will run my tent in a "sealed"/recirculating system to retain heat in colder times. ("Sealed" as any tent could be.) Plus the carbon filter will still scrub anything out of the air.

Morning Beamer and friends.....Beams... wtf are 'chiggers'?

,,,had to look it up...

Chiggers are tiny mites found in tall grass and weeds. If you brush against infested plants, chiggers might attach to your pant cuffs or shirt sleeves and make their way onto your skin. They fall off after a few days, leaving behind clusters of itchy, pink bumps. When scratched, chigger bites can become red and crusty.
Chigger bites usually heal on their own within one to two weeks. Vigorously scrub the area with soap and water to remove the mites. Control itching with calamine lotion or an over-the-counter anti-itch cream, such as hydrocortisone cream. Placing plastic wrap around the area treated with hydrocortisone cream might help soothe itching.

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:

Chiggers are some of the worst itching things in the world definitely worse than poison ivy. I’ve had it all. Couple of old wives’ tales: rub deodorant on them, put clear fingernail polish on them or get some Chigger x that helps with the itching , take Benadryl.
They usually get around your waist and ankles real intensely. They are little red dots that are impossible to see with naked eye.

,,,had to look it up...

Chiggers are tiny mites found in tall grass and weeds. If you brush against infested plants, chiggers might attach to your pant cuffs or shirt sleeves and make their way onto your skin. They fall off after a few days, leaving behind clusters of itchy, pink bumps. When scratched, chigger bites can become red and crusty.
Chigger bites usually heal on their own within one to two weeks. Vigorously scrub the area with soap and water to remove the mites. Control itching with calamine lotion or an over-the-counter anti-itch cream, such as hydrocortisone cream. Placing plastic wrap around the area treated with hydrocortisone cream might help soothe itching.

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:
I have been putting listerine mouthwash on them because of the methyl in it. Works pretty well to ease the itching for a while.

Chiggers are some of the worst itching things in the world definitely worse than poison ivy. I’ve had it all. Couple of old wives’ tales: rub deodorant on them, put clear fingernail polish on them or get some Chigger x that helps with the itching , take Benadryl.
They usually get around your waist and ankles real intensely. They are little red dots that are impossible to see with naked eye.

Been taking allegra and ibuprofen for it.

Wow...thanks Hook!
Never heard of them...never wanna get em!.....not nice!
You don"t want them at all.

Back
Top Bottom