Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I have never had anything finish in 6 weeks. i would run at least 8 weeks of flower but that is just me. If the sample seemed potent and had plenty of legs though, maybe she is ready. I run just about everything 10+ weeks at this point. I cut early too many times lol.
I’m going to wait. As long as they grow and drink I’m waiting. The 10+club was where I’m at.

Hey Brixers! Got a new journal up and running. Link is in signature. Hope you all will join me on this one. Gonna be growing some Pre 98 Bubba, some Indiana Bubblegum, a little PuTang, and kitchenhawk’s cross of GG4 and Boptang. Should be a good one hopefully!

Ok looks like the best amount of plants for a 2x4x4 space will be 2...guess I would just have to stack another box on top to get me 4 strains per harvest.

@Doc Bud What would you suggest if I wanted to just use a kit between 4 plants, 2 each in its own raised bed 20”x40”x12”? What size pot should I veg in? Probably will be topping each plant for 16 to 32 colas depending on growth speed. I will keep them at 12 inches till flower.
So I guess I should just veg 2 plants 2 months in 1 gals and transplant straight into roughly 30 gallon raised bed. Feed 15 ml gallon of waters drenches with 1ml tea per gallon of water and I should be set?

Hey guys new to posting but ive been reading on this forum for 6+ months. In my first grow and im using DBHB but coming across a few problems.

Im only running autos, and they are all in 7 gal pots (next time ill probably use 10 or 12 gal). Two of my plants were absolutely perfect all the way through to harvest without a single (visible) deficiency. I harvested them both last night and they are washed and drying now. I have three autos left, and two of them just got their second CAT drench, and now are showing major signs of what i believe is Cal/Mag def. I have attached pics of my Zkittles plant but the other one in my tent that is showing the exact same symptoms is a NL. They look identical so I did not want to upload too many pics, but if I need to upload some of the NL i will as well.

If anyone has any insight on what I can do to fix this that would be amazing. I don't want to jump to any conclusions myself and screw them up even worse. Thanks!

IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg

Hey guys new to posting but ive been reading on this forum for 6+ months. In my first grow and im using DBHB but coming across a few problems.

Im only running autos, and they are all in 7 gal pots (next time ill probably use 10 or 12 gal). Two of my plants were absolutely perfect all the way through to harvest without a single (visible) deficiency. I harvested them both last night and they are washed and drying now. I have three autos left, and two of them just got their second CAT drench, and now are showing major signs of what i believe is Cal/Mag def. I have attached pics of my Zkittles plant but the other one in my tent that is showing the exact same symptoms is a NL. They look identical so I did not want to upload too many pics, but if I need to upload some of the NL i will as well.

If anyone has any insight on what I can do to fix this that would be amazing. I don't want to jump to any conclusions myself and screw them up even worse. Thanks!

IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
Hey! I will let the experts answer your question... However, I'm interested to know if you have a grow journal somewhere? I'm interested in trying to grow auto with the kit in the future and would be interested in reading your journals...
:passitleft:

Jw...first off, a big warm welcome to the mag .:high-five: Glad you decided to join us all in some fun growing. Hopefully u have gotten around to some of the other DBHBB journals and got a feel for our gang. We have an awesome group of growers and as people they are quite genuine, sincere and will offer help whenever you need it. Doc will be along shortly to answer your question about your last two plants . FYI, with our soil it's near impossible to encounter a 'deficiency', it's mostly bad/unhappy roots that effect and show those symptoms. Wat Drench or drink have they received last , and wat is your water supply?
Cheers and once again , welcome to 420 Mag, Jw!:welcome:

Jw...first off, a big warm welcome to the mag .:high-five: Glad you decided to join us all in some fun growing. Hopefully u have gotten around to some of the other DBHBB journals and got a feel for our gang. We have an awesome group of growers and as people they are quite genuine, sincere and will offer help whenever you need it. Doc will be along shortly to answer your question about your last two plants . FYI, with our soil it's near impossible to encounter a 'deficiency', it's mostly bad/unhappy roots that effect and show those symptoms. Wat Drench or drink have they received last , and wat is your water supply?
Cheers and once again , welcome to 420 Mag, Jw!:welcome:
Where are my manners! :rofl:
Welcome to 420 mag! Take a seat, sit back and relax. Lots of very cool people here! :welcome:

IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg

Congrats on the first two plants....

As for these, I would like to see the entire plant, especially from the side so I can get an idea what the turgor and posture of them are.

As Duggan---a very high ranking misfit/ne'er-do-well, loosely associated with High Brix methods---already mentioned; it's impossible to have a deficiency as long as you mixed the bag of rocks into the dirt and let it cook for a month.

What can, and often does happen is that root systems aren't up to par due to watering technique and transplanting too early, which can damage a fragile root system.

However, based on what I'm seeing in your pics, new growth looks great and despite the brown spots, the plant appears to have healthy turgor and posture and the lower leaves are spotless......but I can't see the whole thing.

My best guess at this point is that these are burn spots from a foliar application that went wrong.

1. How are you mixing your foliars?
2. Have you sprayed anything else on these, IE another spray not in the HB lineup?
3. Are they really close to the lights?
4. Were there any problems with transplanting?

I'd carry on and pretend they are fine.....the lower leaves and new growth certainly look healthy.

Thank you everyone for the welcomes and the quick replies. I went ahead and took some more pics of the plants..

Doc, to address your questions:

1) my foliars are being mixed pretty much at the ratio that is provided on the chart. I try to use everything as close to the recommended amount on the charts/bottles. But this Zkittles plant and the NL plant that are having problems, have been way more demanding in terms of amount of water and strength of the drenches. I should add that Ive done a ton of gardening in my life, and Id like to think I have a pretty decent "green thumb" and I dont follow your chart to the T like you have said before, I like to try and feel it out and learn as I go. However, I obviously am using the chart as a general guideline.

2) have not used any products outside of the kit.

3) pics will show you how close they are. I have an ES300 led light, and its recommended to be about 24 inches away from flowering plants as a beginner grower. Thats about exactly where I have it at, 2 feet away.

4) Im growing autos, so I have been advised against transplanting due to stunting their growth. However, this kit has produced some very large autos, which I was not expecting due to other grow journals of the same plants. Next time running the same strains I will consider starting them off in smaller pots and transplanting.
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
IMG_3190.jpg
IMG_3192.jpg
IMG_3191.jpg

She is top right in the picture with all of the plants. Thats where she stays majority of the time although I do rotate plant placement to allow maximum exposure to all plants. As you can tell its quite crowded, which I was not expecting, so I tuck the leafs as much as possible instead of defoliating.

Thanks again for such a quick response. This kit is awesome and produces insane results!

Thank you everyone for the welcomes and the quick replies. I went ahead and took some more pics of the plants..

Doc, to address your questions:

1) my foliars are being mixed pretty much at the ratio that is provided on the chart. I try to use everything as close to the recommended amount on the charts/bottles. But this Zkittles plant and the NL plant that are having problems, have been way more demanding in terms of amount of water and strength of the drenches. I should add that Ive done a ton of gardening in my life, and Id like to think I have a pretty decent "green thumb" and I dont follow your chart to the T like you have said before, I like to try and feel it out and learn as I go. However, I obviously am using the chart as a general guideline.

2) have not used any products outside of the kit.

3) pics will show you how close they are. I have an ES300 led light, and its recommended to be about 24 inches away from flowering plants as a beginner grower. Thats about exactly where I have it at, 2 feet away.

4) Im growing autos, so I have been advised against transplanting due to stunting their growth. However, this kit has produced some very large autos, which I was not expecting due to other grow journals of the same plants. Next time running the same strains I will consider starting them off in smaller pots and transplanting.
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
IMG_3190.jpg
IMG_3192.jpg
IMG_3191.jpg

She is top right in the picture with all of the plants. Thats where she stays majority of the time although I do rotate plant placement to allow maximum exposure to all plants. As you can tell its quite crowded, which I was not expecting, so I tuck the leafs as much as possible instead of defoliating.

Thanks again for such a quick response. This kit is awesome and produces insane results!

The plants have good posture and the lower leaves look brixy....so I say just carry on!

You're doing a great job. I'd max out the Growth Ionic when drenching....like 1-2 oz per gallon of water.

I can't say what those spots are, but they're NOT a root problem, because the signs of that are lacking. Perhaps a clogged sprayer and some very large drops of Brix foliar once upon a time....

Back
Top Bottom